Go Bottom Go Bottom

Components Guard Installation Kit for 4410

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-04          75962

Has anyone installed this kit? The John Deere part # is LVB25453 and it is called a KIT,COMPONENT GUARDS, MID CHASSIS (Part is Obsolete). If you have this kit or have installed one; can you tell me what the kit contained? The rental upgrade kit is a waste of money. (it is nothing more than a C range lock out) I am about to purchase the above kit and wanted to get some feedback and comments from anyone who has experience with this kit. Thanks for the input!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-04          75997

Chief, that doesn't sound right. There was a guy on the other board who installed the rental upgrade kit and it had all the skid plates. He posted pictures of it all. My dealer also told me I needed the rental upgrade kit for the skid plates. ....

View my Photos
sshuma
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-05          76020

The LVB25453 is the Rental Upgrade Kit. It includes skid plates for left and right, and a suction filter guard. It also includes a high speed lockout and some switch lockouts. I just closed a deal for a new 4310 (finally), and I had this option added -- minus the high speed and switch lockouts. My dealer could not parts-out the skid plates only. List price is $305, my dealer threw it in for $229. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-05          76025

Actually the kit under part # LVB25453 is an obsolete part. I may have been called a rental upgrade kit at some point but no rental upgrade kits are listed for the 4000 Ten Series that I could find on the parts site. The actual Rental Upgrade Kit is listed under part # LVB25105 (which is also an obsolete part) and is not much more than a C range lock out. The LVB25453 can still be had from existing dealer stocks.

sshuma, you got a GREAT price on the kit! Do you think your salesman would sell me one of those kits for that price???? He could drop ship it to me via UPS. If he can; ask him if he what kind of price he can give me on a FULL loaded out MAX weight set of rear wheel weights for my 4410. I want to purchase as set of those too. I believe max. weight is 110 lbs. per rear tire.

sshuma, can you post some pics of the components guard kit on your tractor? I think more than a few folks are interested in this kit. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-05          76046

sshuma, you were indeed correct! JD does not show this kit in the parts website. Here is what I found the kit contains. ....

Link:   click here

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-02-05          76052

Chief -- I was just about to reply, and refreshed and saw you had found the description.

For anyone else out there looking for it -- go to www.deere.com, pick 'Residential', and get to the 400TEN series under New Equipment. Do a 'Build and Price' -- the Rental Upgrade shows up under the 'Attachments for Field Conversion' section.

As for the price, it's $305 right on that site. My dealer gave me the lower price because I was buying the tractor from him.... So I doubt he would honor the lower price for others. However, if you are having trouble finding the kit, I'll certainly ask him if he can get you one.

PS -- I'll be getting the tractor in two weeks, then will post some pictures. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-06          76140

This thread got me off my butt and I ordered the Rental Upgrade Kit for my 4310. No ETA yet.

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-02-13          76798

Folks -- My new 4310 arrived today!!! Of course, it is incredible!! But I wanted to respond to this thread that the guards from the Rental Upgrade Kit are very nice -- and, in my opinion, worth every penny and then some. My dealer told me he plans to recommend them to all of his tractor buyers from here on.

I'll try to get some pictures taken this weekend! ....

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-02-17          77164

Just posted some pictures -- 5 and 6 are the guards... ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-17          77168

Thanks for the pics. From what I can see they just bolt right on. My kit should arrive soon and I'll post a review of the installation procedure when it does. ....

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-02-17          77172

Actually, my dealer said they were a hemorrhoid to put on (but agreed they were well worth the cost and trouble) -- but I can't see why... They look like they just bolt on to me, too... Maybe there is a bunch of stuff in the way. I'll be anxious to hear your report. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-05-28          87135

Ken, ever install the rental kit? I am thinking about bolting a piece of plywood to the underside of my tractor before I use the brush cutter again. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-28          87140

It's still sitting in a box in the garage. I haven't been in the heavy stuff for awhile so I've been procrastinating. Since I'm hanging around home this long weekend maybe I'll see about bolting those skid plates on. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-29          87212

I just may be ordering one for me soon Ken. I have over a 100 acres of open pasture to keep cut now and it has not been cut in over 2 years. Not sure if I will just let it grow or at least keep some of the well fenced in fields cut. They sound like cheap insurance to me. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-29          87217

I probably won't get it installed this weekend either. Spent today burning slash piles and we'll be cutting trees and building trails tomorrow and Monday. Maybe next week. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-29          87221

I thought you were chipping most of the waste wood and using the mulch on the trails? I am also shopping around and looking at 5 ft. rotary cutters too. I think I will have to buy one. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-29          87228

The slash piles were all from last summer and fall. All the new stuff is being chipped, except for the stumps which will still be burned. I know bucks are tight, but if you can swing it the MX5 is an awesome cutter :) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-29          87231

I think I will probably go with the 5' King Kutter and a slip clutch for getting the fields cut and in shape and all the hard knocks and perhaps later on get the MX5 after I have the place cleaned up. I won't feel so bad trashing out a $550 King Kutter. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-17          93759

The Components Guard Kit aka Rental Upgrade Kit arrived today. The box looked like two gorrilla's had been fighting over it but I think all of the parts are there. Thank you Ricky at Hutson Ag Inc. Got the kit delivered for $312. I guess this will be a project for next week. I am still in the shopping around mode for the rotary cutter. Not sure it I want to go with a King Kutter of the Deere MX5. By the time you add the slip clutch and chain guards; the prices are not too far apart. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-17          93760

Chief, my rental upgrade kit box was pretty well beat up when it arrived as well. I wish they didn't use styrofoam popcorn in there - it blows everywhere and there's a LOT of it. Mine was missing a couple of bolts and nuts. One tip on the right side skid plate - don't follow the directions and tighten anything down until you get ALL the bolts loosely started. You'll need lots of free play to line everything up. A floor jack and a 2x4 will be very useful to tweak the plate into position. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-17          93761

Yeah, I have styrofoam peanuts all over the place too! ;o) Looks like everything is there in the kit and maybe even some parts that don't belong. There was a half inch thick stainless steel disk about the size of a Miracle Whip jar lid with knurling on the edge. Not sure what that is for. It was not included in the parts list. Thanks for the installation tips. They will be VERY helpful! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-17          93762

There was no disk like that in my kit. ??? One more thing, don't drill the holes to mount the right plate until all the other bolts are tight. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-17          93767

I called Ricky and told him if they were missing a part that met the description of the disk; I had it. I noticed the part about drilling holes. Not too excited about that but I guess 2 holes won't hurt much. I don't plan to use the C range lock out or the ehydro feature switch block either. Looks like a really beefy kit though. ....

View my Photos
reason201

2004-08-18          93812

I found a really nice web site that has good detail spec. information for just about any of the modern JD CUTs.

http://www.stonehams.com/cut.html

I found lots of good info about mky 4710 and there were similar documents for many other models as well.

Looks like the Rental Kit for the 4710 is a little cheaper at about $260. (JD Site)

Now let's all get out there and use up some diesel ! ! ! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login