Go Bottom Go Bottom

4410 Seat Armrest Kit Install

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-23          74833

I also got my seat armrest kit in yesterday. These kits are supposed to work on low serial # 4210 and up tractors. Looks like a pretty solid kit. I will post my observations about the kit and some pics once I have it installed. Anyone else install one of these on their tractor?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-23          74836

Chief, I hope you like yours better than I do mine.

I bought mine with the tractor. For me, and I'm not a tall guy, (5' 11") the armrests set to low.

Hopefully yours will be better. ....

View my Photos
Abbeywoods
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-23          74869

Thanks Chief, Billy, I bought a 4610 E-hydro and have been considering this kit. I'm short, 5-7, so maybe the position is O.K. for me. I have the folding armrest feature on both of my Gravely zero-radius mowers and like it especially for rest periods. If the Deere kit works out for you, Chief, I would like to know more. Thanks for the post. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-23          74879

Abbeywoods, if your 4610 has the low serial # seat; the kit will work, otherwise you have to go with the new kit. If you want the low serial # arm rest kit; I would highly recommend that you order it ASAP because John Deere has designated the kit as an obsolete part and has an updated arm rest kit that I don't like at all. It requires a bracket to be riveted to the plastic seat back and does not look very strong. The arm rest kit I purchased is part # LVB25453 and cost me $77. These kits are still in stock at many dealers but once the stock is exhausted; that is it. The new kits will be used.

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-24          74920

I looked at an after-market seat that had arm rests and ended up buying a factory replacement. When I thought about it I figured that the arm rests may get in way when I turn around to look at an implement unless the seat swiveled, and I'm not sure a seat that swiveled during operation is a great idea. Well, my neck doesn't swivel as much as it used to so I've to turn my whole self some in the seat to watch the scraper etc. Other people's necks may do the job.

Since some people seem to like them, maybe I should have thought about it some more. Well, the after-market seat was taller that the factory one and probably wouldn't have mounted on teh suspension without modification either.

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-24          74925

Tom, One good thing about the JD armrests is you can fold them up out of the way, if you want. ....

View my Photos
cef2lion

2004-01-24          74929

When I bought my 2003 4410 I wanted the armrests but they were only listed as an option on the 4510 and up. The seat seemed the same on all the 10 series so my dealer thought the kit should work. His only concern was the clearance on each side of the seat in relation to range and 3pt levers. He said I might need to fold the arms up to access these levers. he ordered the kit with the tractor but called and said they wouldn't install it until they brought the tractor and showed me them. The kit they had required drilling holes in the side of the seat edge to fasten it. They didn't want to do that until I saw it.

I decided not to keep the kit and they took it back. I was wondering how you kit looks and installs when you get around to it. Keep us posted.

Craig ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-01-24          74932

Billy: The after-market seat rests folded up too but I can't recall if they went above the backrest when they were up. I know I wondered if I'd keep banging my elbows into them whether they were up or down, or maybe get my coat hung up when getting off the tractor. There's a good chance that they work far better than my impression of them, so it might have been a good choice. It was cheaper than the factory replacement too.

One definite advantage of arm an arm rest I an see would be supporting the arm when operating a loader--same as arm rests for the computer mouse hand. My loader has an old style set of in-line operating handles mounted about shoulder height near the steering wheel. The location is pretty good for grabbing the right handle while still looking where I'm going but the location is too high for an armrest to be helpful. They might work better for people who have joysticks, and that may be a good thing to check when looking at them. ....

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-01-24          74946

Billy, my 4610 was built the first week of November. It has a SMV triangle bolted to the seat back, the seat back is black in color and I'm not sure if it is metal. Thank you for the tip, I will proceed with caution and ask to see the product before I buy. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-25          74990

OK Chief, did you get those armrests installed?

Inquiring minds want to know ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-25          75011

I haven't got to the installation yet Billy. I will take a look at it today. Been busy cutting wood. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-26          75128

Billy, it was too muddy outside to cut wood so I installed the armrest kit today.

First off thank you for making the comment about the arm rest kit being mounted to low on the seat frame to be of use. I test fitted the kit before drilling any holes and you were INDEED Very correct.

The instructions call for measuring up from the bottom of the seat frame 8 5/16 inches so I measured up 8 3/4 inches instead and drilled my 9/32" holes. (this was about as much as I could offset the arm rest support frames higher on the seat frame and still have them conform to the seat frame contour) I bolted everything up as per the instructions in the kit.

One change I made to add about another 3/4" in arm rest pad height was to remove the 3/8's bolt that serves as the arm rest pad stop on the arm rest frame and shim each arm rest up by inserting two 3/8" flat washers under each bolt and tightening them back down. The arm rests were very solid and strong and did not seem to move around easily with my arm weight on them.

I am tall with short legs. (i.e. I am 6'2" with a 30" inseam) The arm rests seemed to fit my ergonomics VERY well with the adjustments I made.

Over all, I give the difficulty of install "2 out of 10 tractors" ;o) and it took me about an hour and a half. I measured and remeasured about 8 times BEFORE I drilled the holes which is what took me so long. Otherwise it would have taken about 20 minutes to install. The arm rests I think look REAL sharp and make a VERY nice addition to my 4410. I give the kit the Tractor Point "Thumbs UP"! ;o)

Billy, you might try moving your armrest holes up about 3/4" or try shimming them with a couple of flat washers or both. You can fill in any holes that may be showing with black RTV or epoxy.

Again, THANKS for the heads up on the arm rest height issue.

When I reinstall the software for my digital camera, I will take some photo's and post them. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-26          75129

Next is the engine block heater kit install! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-27          75164

Billy, one thing I forgot to mention or ask. The armrests are black.......kinda clashes with the yellow seat but not really a big deal. What color are your armrests? ....

View my Photos
Billy

2004-01-27          75168

Chief, mine are black also. I'll have to check it out and see what adjustments can be made.

Might not do any good though, now that I'm used to not using them ;)

Thanks for the info ....

View my Photos
kadorken

2004-02-09          76409

Chief, the part number LVB25453 on my JD parts catalog says that it is a
KIT,COMPONENT GUARDS, MID CHASSIS (Part is Obsolete)
and lists for 492.80 CDN

Can you verify the part number you used for the arm rest kit? (I was trying to see if I could order it in canada and I cannot find it on the JD parts catalog online)

Thanks. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-09          76436

kadorken, the arm rest kit is actually listed under the large frame tractors i.e. 4710 parts data base. You will have to match the correct arm rest kit with the part # seat installed on your tractor. My 4410 is a low serial # tractor and uses the old obsolete kit part # LVB25169 which sells for $77. Here is the kit picture linked below: ....

Link:   click here

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-09          76437

Here is the arm rest kit for hight serial # tractors which is part # LVA12356 and sells for $126.50. Personally, I think the old style arm rest kit is MUCH better and stronger, and will work on all seats. You should ask your dealer about this. The old style arm rest kits are listed as obsolete parts but they can still be purchased. Bellow is the picture of the new style arm rest kit: ....

Link:   click here

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-09          76483

kadorken, have you got that seat arm rest kit on order yet? ;o) ....

View my Photos
kadorken

2004-02-10          76505

Haven't ordered arm rests, but did order PBY and worklights to mount on ROPS (like yours).

I'll wait until I have survived the PBY installation before ordering more stuff.

Thanks for the info, I have it noted down.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login