Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
DTNPROP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-01          67729

Good Morning - It has been a little while since I was here and have been looking looking and looking at tractors. I would like to mention that during all this I located a real clean 2000 Kubota L4300 DT (4WD) with a front loader and was wondering what model JD would be comparable and what any of you thought a good approximate price should be? I know it is not green and can't run like an exotic animal.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-01          67733

That's good as you won't have to worry about getting shot while operating it! ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-01          67734

I'd guess a John Deere last generation 4600 or current generation 4610 would be an approximate equivalent. The JD is approx 5-10% larger and has a bit more 3ph lift capacity but they are within 1-2 HP of each other.

Not sure about pricing. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Peters

2003-11-01          67735

L4300DT 4wd with loader 15-16K retail. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67737

My dadblasted computer locked up while I was trying to answer you! But as close as I can figure the closest John Deere tractors that are comparable would be the 4610 and the 990 (although a few hp shy). ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
DTNPROP

2003-11-01          67746

I like the idea of it being a larger tractor than the first ones I looked at. That would have been the 4110. Just could not get a real good price on anything larger. This
Kubota is very clean with under 50 hours and a LB552 loader.
Not sure of the price yet - that is why I wanted ya'lls input. Chief what do you guess the closest JD sells for in that 2000 year model? I was real unhappy upon looking at the smaller ones. Oh - I think he said he would throw in a post hole digger. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-01          67750

They are a good tractor, no bells and whistles just a good performer built on a good size chassis. No problems with those we have out. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
DTNPROP

2003-11-01          67751

Sounds like you deal with them? I was certain no one one was on this site except JD owners. In your opinion just a guess what would one go for with the options and hours I have listed? I think a new one is probably pretty high if it compares to the JD. What would you say are the main differences - Chief said it was most like a 4600. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67762

DTNPROP, There is a pretty good cross section of different tractor owners here. I had a Kubota L245 before I had the 4410. Kubota makes a nice tractor. If you look up the 4610 on the John Deere web site and click on compare; the L4300 is listed. You can get the particulars better there than I can tell you here. Like Art said, the L4300 is a good solid basic tractor, not alot of bells and whistles. That is why I threw in the 990 even though it is a few hp shy. The biggest differences I see are the 4610 can run mid mounted pto, you can get epower reverser, and you can get ehydro. The L4300 has the larger engine and I would assume more torque as well as the hp listed. The closest apples to apples comparison would be the 990 and the L4300, but it all depends on what features are important to you on the tractor. The 4610 is more comparable to the 30 Series Kubota's. I strongly suggest you demo all you may have an interest in and then buy what suits you best.

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-01          67763

The closest JD has to compare with it is the 990 but there are a lot of differences. Deere does have the best web site going on comparisons from the manufacturers but it is Deere's web site. Deere will show you all the options they have over that model and rightfully so as you can buy the outfit in question for around 20,000 new. The Deere ten series is closest to the Kubota Grand L-30 series. ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-01          67764

Chief, isn't the 4700 a discontinued model? ....

John Deere Kubota

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-01          67765

That was a typo on my part. I was not paying good attention and typed 4700 when I meant 4300 or the L4300. Correction is made. ;-) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login