Go Bottom Go Bottom

John deere 790 with 70 series loader convert to quick attach bucket

View my Photos
MITCHC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-31          67637

I have the 790 and the 70 series loader. Bought it new in 2001 and I don't think the 419 loader was out at that time.(At least not in Canada) I love the 70 loader but I want to get a fork lift attachment and a few differnt buckets for snow and dirt and gravel. The 419 loader has the quick attach system that is universal to all skid steer attachments I think? (this would make it handy to rent attachments) I dont want to buy a hole new loader but I would love to now if there is a kit availible to convert the 70 loader to have a quck attach style bucket that would match the 419

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67655

From what I understand, the quick attach frame is an industry standard. This allows attachments for the system from JD, NH, Bobcat and others to all work on the subframe. The bucket and forks I use are from a NH skid steer loader.

There may be a kit available, but it would not be a difficult part to fabricate or adapt if you have a welder and some time. ....

View my Photos
J MALLOY

2003-10-31          67656

AC5ZO:

Was surprised to see a picture of a Zeiss Contraves operating microscope on a tractor board. Just curious what type of work you are doing with it. I owned a surgical supply company for many years and used to sell the Zeiss operating microscopes.

J. Malloy

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67657

The picture is actually of one of my robots doing neurosurgery. The microscope is used for viewing the surgical site. I will put a link to my website. I have activated my email display on this post, so you may email me at the address given when you click on my username. ....

Link:   MicroDexterity Systems

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-31          67665

Although the JD quick-attach loader system is a model of simplicity, robustness and convenience I don't think it will accept universal skid-steer attachments. At least my 430 loader won't. I wish it did but don't care all that much that it doesn't. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2003-11-02          67796

I wish you guy could of answered my question. I asked the same thing about my JD 955 70a loader. I want to know if the new quick change JD system can be mounted on it. ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2003-11-04          68020

I have the 419 fel,it does not accept skid steer industry standard attachments like the 430 it is a jd only design. I e-mailed woods to see if they were going to produce pallet forks and told me no. but were willing to send me to a dealer to buy the universal model 20a forks that fit the 70/419/430 by taking the bucket/carrage off at the ram pins. ....

View my Photos
Gunfighter

2003-11-05          68024

The John Deere Quick Attach will not work with Skid Loader Attachments, it's totally different...

There's several system for skid loader type of Quick attach but they can get expensive. Prices ranged from about $800 to nearly $1500 for loader adapter an 3 plates for attachments...

I'm going to attempt attaching the 400 series J. D Quick Attach to my 70 loader... The pins on the 400 series are 1 inch and on the 70 only 3/4, also the 400 Q. A. is wider then the 70's arms but each problem can be fixed with a set of bushings available from the dealer. All the parts needed to make the conversion cost me $260 bucks. Now I need a good welder to make the alterations to the attachments and weld up the bushing in the proper place..

Not sure I'm have the time to make the conversion this fall as winter looks like it's on the way an I'll need to mount the snow plow. The plow is a real bugger to put on an I don't plan to take it off till I'm done with it in the spring... ....

View my Photos
MITCHC

2003-11-13          68641

Thank you for the quick responces.
I have and new question now.
After reading the topics on this mesage board i thought it might be a good idea to change my hydrolic oil in my 790 john deere. I removed the screen and cleand out all metal shaveings. Now i can't get the area were the screen is to stop leaking. there was no gasket. should there be? It just slowly dripps and is driving me mad. ....

View my Photos
tracer

2003-11-13          68696

Mitchc
I just completed my 50 hour first trannny fluid change not to long ago and the only two issues were the removal of a brake linkage to get the screen tube all the way out and replacing the tube was a little tricky getting it to go all the way back into its original depth. I had to lift the inserted end up to clear a lip. The triangle shaped three bolt cap went back on ok and I do not recall an O ring seal. What problems (if any) did you have re-securing the cap and its three bolts?
Tracer ....

View my Photos
MITCHC

2003-11-14          68732

I found the o-ring needed to stop the leak. Must of fallen off when i removed housing. In other news i found a company in the US that make a kit to convert to universal skid stear attachments. The ATI corporation manufacturs what is called the tach-all quick attach system. If you search on google with the word tach-all it is the first site to pop up. They have a package fabracated specifically for the 70 series loader.look's very professional. They also make all kinds of really nice attachments for your fel. worth checking out ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login