Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 4110 vs Kubota B7500 price and Hydro Pedal

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67636

I was out yesterday looking at the John Deere 4110 and the Kubota B7500. These were my observations:

1) LOADER -- The Loader control on the JD 4110 was located near the seat and stayed with the tractor. While the B7500 had the joytick up by the steering wheel and I believe stayed with the tractor on loader removal.

2) HYDRO PEDAL -- The B7500 had forward hydro pedal then flat floor then behind your heel a back hydro pedal. The JD 4110 had two hydo pedals next to each other big one forward little one backward. The BX 2200 has the curved skateboard toggle style toe heel nuetral config.

3) The B7500 seemed taller bigger than the JD 4110 even though the JD is about 200 lbs heavier.

4) The B7500 tractor naked was $9850 while the JD4110 was $13600. JD MSRP looks like it is $14600.

I know Mark has used almost all of these hydro pedals, I have used the B7500 style and like it, never used the Deere, or BX style and wondering how those who have used other styles like or dislike these.

Is the price hike really about 3-4 k extra for the JD over the Kubota?

The loader joystick looks better on the deere at least it is out of the way but it does seem less intuitive down by your thigh rather than up by the wheel. Any opinions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67644

On the hydraulic lever, When driving a tractor using the loader, is your hand more likely to be by your right leg or on the steering wheel? I like it near the steering wheel. ....

View my Photos
TomBaldwin

2003-10-31          67658

I have a JD 755 and Kubota ZD21 and are both fine machines. A Kubota dealer made this coment to me recently. 100% of the Kubota parts in a Kubota machine are made by Kubota. John Deere takes off the shelf parts (Yamar disel engine, clutch made by some one else, etc) and asembles the machine like an errector set. The Kubota dealer claims their manufacturing is way ahead.

Maybe and maybe not. I have never had trouble with either one.

Tom ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-31          67659

Just have to look at the Frontier deal now, it's just a bigger line of it. That is actually the US way that everyone gets help make it. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-31          67664

I doubt that Kubota makes every gear, bearing, seal, and fastener in their tractors, but even if they did you can look at their business strategy several ways.

1. They manage the entire production process themselves so they can better control quality and supply.

2. One company can't excel at building and designing every single component of a complex machine as well as separate specialty manufacturers can.

To me these arguments are a toss-up and I don't care. I would look at the specs, finished product, manufacturer reputation, and resale value rather than get into the details of what was made where by who and why. ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2003-10-31          67669

The MF GC2300 is essentially a Kubota BX2200, with some slight differences. The Hydrostatic drive pedal is the "curved skateboard type". Though the JD dealer tried to use that as a detriment to the BX line, I actually prefer it to the side-by-side big/little pedals on the 2210 (sounds like the 4110 uses a similar setup). With the curved skateboard, it's pretty hard to confuse forward and backward direction. Don't know if it's as "convenient" this way, but it just seemed safer to me. I think the position of the MF 4-way hydraulic lever is similar to the Kub as well - up by the steering wheel. I've used my loader quite a bit over the last few weeks and it feels right to have it there. On rare occasions, I reach for the wrong lever - hydraulic and throttle are close neighbors - but in general I like the setup and operation of both loader and hydro pedal. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-31          67672

I can't argue with Kubota quality, but I really didn't care for the ergonomics of the hydro L-series at all. The big C-shaped treadle pedal seemed oversized and awkward to use, the brakes are on the same side as the hydro pedal, and the joystick seemed to be in the wrong place. To ME it just didn't seem right. Others here obviously disagree, and everyone should go with what they like. Some folks who have owned both say you get used to it either way so in the long run it probably doesn't matter much one way or the other. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2003-11-01          67699

Art,

On the hydraulic lever I also prefer it up by the steering wheel, but I prefer the way it looks on the Deere with the hydraulic lines nicely tucked out of the way.

But I was wondering if the operator could inadvertently whack the joystick when backing up on the Deere, something that cannot happen with the lever up by the wheel. I suppose it is whatever you get used to, and the dead man kill switch prevents you from hitting the joystick getting on or off. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-01          67716

I dated a Blonde girl once that looked like she had some stuff well hid away to, intellegence certainly wasn't one of them and I didn't want to spend any more time to get there after half a nite. Probably should have but I was worried about more disappointment, could have been tissue. I've seen a lot of changes in tractors and there fit and finish has improved so much in the past decade. Even the details of the instructions on the tractors have improved so much. I remember having to look at the levers as to where they went into the tractor to know what they did. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-04          67962

I have been out of town for a few days and now I am trying to catch up here. It is amazing how much traffic this site generates in 5 days.

A couple reasons the 4110 is priced higher than the 7500.... The 4110 has a position controlled three point while the 7500 has a stop/drop system, and...... the 4110 price would include all the hydraulics for the front loader built into the tractor while the 7500 includes the hydraulics in the price of the loader.

The treadle pedal on the BX is easy to use.... IF... you don't make the assumption that you need to rest your foot on top of the pedal and rock it back and forth like an old sewing machine.

Instead, rest your foot on the floor next to the pedal and operate it like the B7500 pedal by shifting your foot back and forth to go the desired direction. ....

View my Photos
bobggg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-09          68320

I just had to make the decision of whether to go 7500 or 4110. I finally went 4110. At this point I believe you would be happy with either. The 7500 was $1000 cheaper for me and I was originally going to get it, but the JD dealer got to within $700 of the Kub dealer. Since I liked a couple of things better on the JD, including a better no interest loan, I changed my mind and went with the 4110. I've had the 4110 for two days now and do have some comments. Please, Kubota guys, I am not flaming Kub in my comments, so don't take offense. Kub makes a great machine and had I gone that way I'm sure there are things that I would like about it.

Joystick - With my bucket, I did some light scaping, but mostly digging away a berm to smooth out a drop off. I like the joystick at the side. Very natural and effortless. I'm wondering if my arm would have gotten a little tired raising it toward the boom. By the way, this is where hydrolic strength comes into play. Used every bit of mine digging at the berm (which was about 4' to 5' dropoff). I can now drive across it. I'm sure an experienced bucket guy would laugh his rear off watching me use it.

Peddle placement - Loved having the forward and reverse next to each other. Did a heck of a lot of back and forth while using the bucket and it was so effortless and natural to change direction. My friend has a Kub with the reverse back by the seat. When I tried his tractor out, I had to lift my leg and move it to go between the two pedals (forward and reverse). I know this would have been more tiring for me.

PTO engage/disengage - Liked pulling a knob rather than clutching and pulling a lever, but not a big deal.

Operator presence - One of the reasons I finally went JD was because of the operator seat presence. If you get out of the seat with the tractor in gear, it will automatically shut off. My son also uses the tractor (already did some rotary cutting) and no way do I want him to be able to get off the tractor with a PTO spinning. When I was thinking Kub, the Kub dealer said he would rig one up for me on the 7500. According to him, Kub did a mid-year change and some of the 7500s have it and some don't. Unfortunately he couldn't get one for me that came with it installed. BTW, If you shift into neutral you can leave the motor running and get out of the seat. I did this several times. A couple of times I forgot about the auto shutoff and stood up, but since the system slowly shuts offs (the motor starts to loose rpm), I was able to immediately sit back down and keep it running. I quickly became very good at shifting to nuetral and setting the parking brake before dismount.

General comments about tractors....
This is the first one for me so I am very green. My friend with 27hp kub, says a tractor seems big until you get it in the field. His advice is buy as big as you can afford. I think I now agree with him. I could have used a couple more hp when pulling my box scrapper. I have really bumpy ground and was using the scrapper to level and clear a fence line. Had a hard time using the scrapper teeth to tear up the ground. I have to say that I already stretched on my purchase and could not afford more. Had I had the money I would have went more hp.

When I first tried to use my scrapper to do some ground leveling (teeth up/not down) the rear wheel would slip. I put the thing in 4 wheel drive and never slipped again. So I did all my ground scrapping in 4 wheel drive...any comments about this from you experienced guys?

Did about an acre of rotary cutting. Here I did not use 4 wheel, just 2 wheel. At an especially rough spot, the drive wheel lost traction 3 to 4 times. I found that a tap of the differenal lock pedal/lever quickly solved this and was an easy solution. BTW, I have R4 tires and still think they are the best for me.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-09          68329

bobggg, congratulations on your new tractor.

As far as using 4wd goes, I use it all the time when I'm not on high traction surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc). There should be no problem using it when rotary cutting whenever needed. Scraping is a high hp activity - a few more hp would help but maybe not as much as you might think. If you had more hp you would probably be traction limited. With these small machines you just have to take small bites and enjoy the extra seat time. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-11-09          68332

Congratulations on your new tractor! It will amaze you for some time to come as to the things you can get done! I appreciate your comments on the differences of operation and your reasoning behind it.

There are good reasons for both sides, I think you would have been amazed as to what a new B-7510 instead of the older model Kubotas you mentioned would have offered you.

For the extra money you could have had the B-7610 and had the horsepower you find you need for the same kind of money.

The loader controls that you mentioned feel more natural in the console on the side, just a thought,I often lean forward a little while walking, and sometimes I lean for stability, so I enjoy reaching forward instead of the side and the hydraulic lever control by the wheel puts in your vision area so it's easier to find and control when doing involved loader work and grading. To me with my big hands I like the area I'm reaching into uncluttered other wise I have difficulty finding the particular control on the console.

On the differences of the foot petal, when I drive I enjoy the ability to change the ground speed with such ease. I find it quite rare that I ever use cruise other than when I'm roading a tractor. While, mowing the ability to fluxuate the speed so quickly I enjoy the big petal that Kubota uses as it gives plenty of surface to hit even if you are sitting sideways. Good luck! ....

View my Photos
bobggg

2003-11-09          68344

KW, glad to hear that constant use of 4wd in the dirt shouldn't be a problem.

Art, haven't had a chance to try out my cruise control yet. To be honest, I didn't even think about it although I think I tried out everything else on the tractor. But maybe when I'm more comfortable with the couple of acres I have to rotary cut, I will want to use it...just don't know at this point. ....

View my Photos
c5er

2004-03-30          81584

bobggg, you say you got a 4110 within 700 bucks of a 7500? What did the cost turn out to be. I would jump to the 4110 if the price was even close but the quotes I am getting for tractor fel, mmm are 14100 for 7510, 14900 for 7610 and 16500 for a 4110. Just curious. ....

View my Photos
bobggg

2004-04-04          82088

Well, I've had my 4110 for about 4 months now and have put 30 hours on it. Things I've grown to really like about the tractor.

Love the imatch hitch attachment. I park my tractor in my garage and have to unload my back attachment to do so. With the imatch, hitching/unhitching my back attachment (which I have to do each time I use my tractor) is a breeze.

Pedal placement - I love the 2 pedals, forward and backward, next to each other. I do a lot of bucket work which requires a lot of back and forth movement. I use the 2 pedals by pivoting my right foot on the heal, very quick and effortless.

Joystick - (keep in mind I am not knocking Kub since I have no Kub seat time). Really like the stick lower at my side. When you do a lot of bucket work you keep your right hand on the stick and drive with your left.

View my Photos
bobggg

2004-04-04          82093

c5er, the difference is you are getting much better quotes on the Kubs than I got. I went to 2 Kub dealers and never one could match the kind of prices you are getting. ....

View my Photos
bobggg

2004-04-04          82094

c5er, the Kub and JD were about $1000 difference in price, so I went to the manager of the JD dealership and told him I was about to buy a Kub unless he could get lower (which by the way was true...I was intending to buy the Kub) and he came down the extra $300 and threw in free pick up and delivery on any warranty work. I liked this last throw-in since it somewhat indicated he didn't anticipate a lot of warranty work :o) ....

View my Photos
c5er

2004-04-04          82158

The prices are getting better everytime I talk to the dealers. There must be about 5 dealers within an hour. The first started in the 13's. As just started mentioning that I was shopping around just trying to get the best price and bang down came the prices... ....

View my Photos
c5er

2004-04-13          82958

Ended up going with the kubota and going with the 7610.

I had found a dealer to give a really good price on the 4110 but it was still about 2k higher then the 7510. The the 7610 presented itself at a dealer and for +600 bucks more i jumped to 24Hp and a bigger loader. This was still 1400 cheaper then the 4110 and a better bang for the buck, although something about the JD still made this a tough choice. I am confortable with the way I went. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-04-13          82962

I have a B7500 and the only thing in really don't like is the 3pt hitch control. The foot controls are a good thing, so you don't hit the wrong petal when watching the 3pt. The engine still will be running after the tractor falls apart, were as the JD engine will fall apart 1st. If the B7500 had postion control its would beat the JD hands down. If Deere still built them like they used to they would win. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-13          82969

Green, you claimed that the JD engine will fall apart first. The Yanmar in the JD tractors is bulletproof. How many engine failures have you read about here? Present your evidence.

As far as pedal positioning, the pedal position was the major thing I disliked about the Kubota. They build a great tractor but IMHO they are dead last in ergonomics. ....

View my Photos
c5er

2004-04-13          82971

I agree I dont think there will be any issue with either tractor. IMO the Kubota was a bit heavier duty - More of a tractor that lacked the refinement offer by JD. I really like the JD's ergonomics but it wasnt that much better to justify the price. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-13          82977

The Kubota's are indeed very nice and dependable tractors. What I think I like most about the 4000 Ten Series John Deere's is the extra (at least percieved on my part) room on the operator's station for us full figured guys and the separate forward and reverse pedals. I am not a bit fan of the pull knob engaged pto but I can live with it. Depending on personal tastes and preferences I would think which ever tractor choosen would make a very happy owner. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-04-14          83069

Both decent machines,and both hold their value better than
the rest(IMO).
I think the drive pedal is awkward for a reason(safety)
there is no confusing your intensions. Same as the brake
on the same side,foot OFF the drive when braking. I think
it has a lot to do with the companies interputation of
liability.
I like the loader control,I feel more "part of the bucket"
when trying to adjust it. ....

View my Photos
bobggg

2004-04-14          83122

c5er, given the models you were looking at and the prices you were quoted, I think you did the right thing and will be happy. Congratulations on your purchase. I know you will love your new asset. These CUTS are really great. ....

View my Photos
c5er

2004-04-14          83124

I can see the saftey benefits of the Kubota front back pedals but still preferred the two pedals next to each other on the deere, but a small sacrifice and I am getting used to it. I did not like the pedal on the bx series kubotas at all. I also Find that I do like the location of the loader controls on the Kubota as well. Got to do some heavy lift last night, Is working better then expected. I am quite pleased. ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-04-14          83127

c5er
I agree that the pedals next to each other is a more comfortable set up. Just my 2cents on why it is.Has anybody
changed their Kubota set up? If so, I would like to see it.
What would it do as far as warranty? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login