Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 2210 vs Kub BX2200 vs MF GC2300

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-23          62503

Subject says it all. I haven't seen much on the MF GC2300 on this board, but the Kub/MF dealer says they're darn near identical to the Kub BX220. Drove 'em both yesterday and at least toolin' around the dealership I'd have to agree.

I've got 4-5 "lightly rolling" acres to mow, a ~200 foot driveway to blow (in western NY), and about 25 acres of woods to work in (no serious plans for that yet--maybe some trails and clearing).

Any thoughts on how these three tractors compare? Any idea why JD FEL is rated for 640 lb lift capacity and the Kub/MF FEL is rated for 470 lb? What's the quality of the respective implements? I'd like to mulch, but Kub/MF doesn't have mulch mower. Does JD? Does Woods or some other aftermarket manufacturer?

I'd appreciate any tips or adivce...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-23          62507

The BX has a loader rating of 550lbs vs Deeres 620lbs. There is 70lbs difference there which could be part of a bigger picture. Are you aware that the Kubota bucket rollback is nearly 2 seconds faster then the Deere, nearly a second faster to full raise, nearly a second faster in lowering and one full second faster in dumping. To top that off Kubota is going over two inches higher while doing that! If you need more load capacity I suggest you go to the B-7500 series as it is the same height as the 2210 and they are about the same length and you would have bigger tires and far more ground clearence and a loader that would still move faster then the 2210. But then you would not be in the true Sub-compact tractor catagory which is all you would need for your property. Many people have moved into the sub compact size without having to change there yards from a conventional garden tractor they were useing in the past. The low overall height, compact wheelbase and narrow width has put the true sub-compacts full of attachements into yards that were never able to justify the larger tractors. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-08-23          62515

drive them both and get the one you like most. keep in mind things you might want to do after you buy it, don't get to small of one makeing you wish it was bigger , more powerful later. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-23          62526

Hard to find three more closely matched tractors. It is my belief that the loader specs on these models are held in check by the load carrying ability of the front tires and axles.

None-the-less, each one will lift its bucket when filled with wet dirt, and to my way of thinking, that is the standard.

Deere has a neat quick detach bucket that I really like. I now have a set of forks for my 410 loader that attach in under a minute and I am wondering how I ever got along without them.

The bucket does dirt and the forks do everything else from hauling stacks of lumber and fenceposts, to taking the trashcans down to the road on pallets.

Last time I bought a tractor I would have been happy with a Kubota B7800 or a Deere 4115. I found a Deere with a factory loader before I found a Kubota with similar equipment so I got the Deere. I have also made choices based on 0 down financing and bought one based solely on the package price.

Go drive them all. One of them will feel better and the deal will come together faster and that will be your new tractor. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-23          62527

It is my opinion that folks place too much emphasis on small differences in specs. An inch or two in lift height, 50 lbs in loader capacity, or a second or two in bucket rollback time probably don't mean much to the average CUT owner who puts 10-15 hours a month on their tractors. Good dealer support is far more important.

All of the machines mentioned are good tractors. Drive them all, talk to the dealers, let your gut tell you which tractor/dealer combination you like best, then buy it and don't look back. ....

View my Photos
quincy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-23          62532

All three are great machines, I did feel the way the jd fel can be installed and removed is a snap after 1 or 2 times of doing it. The mmm deck jd offers are (I have 3 acres of grass,54"mmm) serious cutters. The blades move at such a fast rate it is like a mulcher deck. The creature comforts on the 2210 seemed better for me. I am 6'3, the jd seating area and controlls fit me better, which is important, when you are on it for hours, according to my wife they are misspent hours. ....

View my Photos
jpr62902

2003-08-23          62533

Just thought ya might like to know... I ordered a BX22 with 60" MMM and a mulch kit. I think the mowing decks are the same betwwen the BX2200 and the BX22. ....

View my Photos
Sold On Green

2003-08-23          62550

I love my 2210! 62" mower, FEL, and rear ballest box. Only complaint is mowing over a real dry area the mower will blow small grass and straw up in front of tractor and cause you to have to shut off and brush off front with your hand, but still better than letting enter and plugging up radiator and screen there.. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-23          62552

I think all brands have the problem of dry grass clogging the radiator screens. It seems to go with the territory. ....

View my Photos
jonwhit

2003-08-27          62786

Mark, Where did you find those forks for the FEL. Those look really handy. Would they work on a 210 do you suppose? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-28          62803

The forks came from Gearmore but I think were made by Rankin. They would work fine on the 210 loader as long as you keep some extra ballast on the rear end.

I had them on the BX for a while and they would do ok with moderate loads.

Too bad you don't live closer. I have them up for sale.

Another option for your loader would be to check if the bucket is interchangeable with the 410 loader. Rankin/Gearmore has a nifty set-up that mounts right to the quick attach loader arms.

The clamp-on forks retail about $300, the ones that replace the bucket retail about $600

I can get more info for you if you are interested. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-28          62807

From what I have seen/heard the MF is a little tough to come buy. I prefer one of the two others as there will likely be more tire choices and after market options for any model that sells more units. The only thing I did not like about the Kubota was no tach. Loader specs are small potatoes. In spite of the very small spec differences it would be tuff to make a poor choice between theese. Dave ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-29          62887

BX's radiator screens need to be cleaned but not as often. had a fellows in for the 50 hour service(him watching) never had cleaned it! Couldn't get a handle on the directions he said. There wasn't much there. I think the new BX replacements will have tach's on them. I don't know why we need them so much as there aren't to many of them doing that precise of work. ....

View my Photos
ejkessler

2003-08-29          62898

I just bought the BX22 and love it. The research I did suggests that the backhoe is not an option for the Deere. The BX2200 does not have the option for a backhoe either. The enginneering on beefing up the frame on the BX22 is impressive. I think the loader specs are under rated from what I have used it for (very strong setup). Considering the package price and the great financing options I would strongly recommend considering the BX22. I went with the 5 year 2.99%. Not as good as the 3 year 0%, but still is cheap money.And as mentioned in a previous message there are mulching blades available for the mmm deck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login