Go Bottom Go Bottom

Flexpoint 3ph to 2 inch Receiver Adapter

View my Photos
Namaste
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-06          58969

Hello:

My first time posting here. Has anyone heard of the product in the subject heading? It's available from NorthernTool.com (under "Ag Equipment"). I would like to be able to tow a utility cart or trailer with either my pickup or JD4410. This looks like one way to go, but I don't know of anyone who actually has used this. Does anyone have feedback? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-06          58971

Namaste Me thinks Plots1 or Kwschumm have a picture posted of one in use. Can not tell you if same brand or not.

They will probably spot your post a reply. If they do not you can rattle their cage for an answer.

It looks like a handy attachment if you do a fair amount of work with ball type couplers.

I put a ball in my draw bar for that little bit of stuff I ever do with a ball hitch on my tractor.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-06          58974

Check my current #11 picture and tell me if that is the right concept. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-06          58983

I don't have one, but I'm interested. I've been looking for something just like this!

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-06          58984

Mark, that's the idea but ideally I'd like to have one that will hook up with iMatch. Anybody seen one of these that is iMatch compatible? ....

View my Photos
Namaste
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-06          58987

Harvey, Mark, & Kwschumm:

Thank you for the quick replies. Mark, your #11 photo is the right idea. Did you buy or make your adapter? Check out summitfab.com. According to the manufacturer of Flexpoint, it's JD I-Match compatible (using category II pins). NorthernTool.com sells the Flexpoint for $199.99. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-06          58988

Namaste, thanks for the link. This looks like just what I need for my trailer. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-06          58990

The unit in the picture is from Bad River and is under a hundred bucks if you already have a drawbar.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-06          58992

Hay guys look at blue prints supplied from Marks last post and weld your own for a lot less than $100 ....

View my Photos
plots1

2003-07-06          58994

Namaste, doesn't the 4410 have a standard draw bar to pull from? Or do you just want it to be able to pic up your trailer something like the Imatch system(quick connect). ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-06          58998

First, I gotta learn to weld! Then I gotta buy a $900 welder! I hope to get to all that someday..... in the meantime $89 sounds like a deal.... and I can work on the landscaping and the sheetrock instead.

BTW, they supply the attachment bolts and a heavy restraining chain welded to a large bolt that goes on the swinging drawbar for that price. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-07-07          59080

Mark You have it backwards. Go buy a welder then learn to weld. Just like tractor go buy it and start figuring out things to do with it...

I have a little Linclin ac/dc buzz box I bought at tractor supply for $250 me thinks. It had a scratch and a dent. Anyways it is the best deal going when you need something fixed or done on a Sat night or Sun.

I have even welded cast with it and no telling how many other cob jobs I've done with it. I'm not a welder but I do have a generous warranty 30 feet or 30 minutes... the biggest problem is the duty cycle of 20% when I built my wood stove I probably stressed it pretty good. Usually I bring a big gas/diesel welder home to do the heavy stuff.

When I get a few minutes I'll take a pic of the dog kennel/run/pen What-ta-heck ever any one wants to call it that I built and welded together, probably 2000+ square feet 6feet high. I keep used dogs. Usually 5 or 6 most are black with brown marking that no one else wants. They live in the house and have their own door to the run.

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-08          59120

Mark, I'm with Harvey, now that I've been forced into an early retirement, LOL, my toybox (shop) has become the second favorite chin-wag stop in town, anybody with anything that needs a weld stops by, everyhting from stress cracks on mower decks to oopsey's loader boom arms.

You should be able to find an older used stick welder for a VERY reasonable price locally, it's amazing how easy it is to learn, and how many little 'thiings' there are to do with it.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-08          59157

I got the notion somewhere that a wire feed unit was easier to operate than a stick welder.

I also have the impression that I should bypass all 110 volt systems and start with 220 volts.

Some of the 110 volt wire feeders say you can weld fairly thick metal with multiple passes, others just say you can weld 3/16th steel.

What do you guys think? ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-07-10          59231

You are right Mark Wire is easier IF evry thing is set up right. Maintenance is higher on wire, gotta rent tank for arogon/co2 mix, can't weld outside in wind, metal has to be perfect clean...

Stick with 6011 you can weld old rusty junk, nickel and weld cast, 6013 on clean metal makes a purty bead for finishing a sloppy weld, 7018 is good for most every thing not mentioned above.

The smallest dia rod works best in the cheap stick welders and multiple passes are ok since I am not in production work anyway. The little buzz boxes will burn 1/8 rod ok but me thinks it is a little much rod to keep a good stable arc for the lenght of the rod.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-25          74985

Mark, can you give a review on your Bad River hitch? Do you still have it? How long have you had it and how well do you like it? Any problems with it? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-01-25          75005

I still have the Bad River hitch and use it frequently. It is well made, well engineered and a cost effective tool that I would recommend to anyone.

All three point hitches have certain limitations. I pull up and down hills and I have found that when I am pulling something the same weight as the tractor on downhill turns it will push the tractor into a skid.

Example: My 1800 pound, 16 foot car hauler has very little tongue weight at towing attitude and it will take the 2000 pound tractor for a ride if I am not careful. I think if I were towing a wagon with the same weight it would be more stable due to the steerable front wheels.

On the other hand, my 3800 pound 5th wheel on the same downhill circuit is quite stable and in control. The difference is the 5th wheel has about 700 pounds of tongue weight and is being lifted and towed from the FEL/pallet forks.

The stability is further enhanced because the tractor front wheels are tracking with the skid forces and there is plenty of rear end ballast.

I guess the message is to be careful with any three point ball hitch and heavy loads. The three point ball hitches are really great for dragging chain harrows and pulling wagons and trailers as long as they don't exceed the tractors weight.

I am going to experiment with pulling the car hauler from my newly designed front/FEL hitch to see if it is a safer pull. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login