Go Bottom Go Bottom

Should I give Deere one more try of buy Kubota

View my Photos
jdfan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-18          46247

First I have been a big Deere fan all my Life. Owned several models 318, 322, 755 and most recently a 4310.

With the latest purchase in May I had some issue, tilt wheel broke, backhoe would never lift into position to pop l pins in, leak in the rear, seat bracket broke, loader valve sticky, gauges fog up, hoses pop off power beyond kit.

All of the items were addressed by the dealer, however it did take four trips for the backhoe issue.

I ended up selling the unit, thinking the 3 acers I have did not warrent that size machine. I have been searching for a replacement and was considering the 4110 but it appears somewhat smaller than my 755. So, and yes I know they make medication for this type of condition I went out and bought a new 4310 setup exactly like the one I sold. At least that was the plan.

I boycotted the first dealer, did not like the service managers attitute nor his followup with escation with Derre. For that matter, did not like Deer's follow up or concern on my issues-we had a district manager involved.

OK back to the story, so I go Sat to inspect the unit so he could deliver Monday. I get there and the unit is a mess, dirt everywhere. I brushed that asside for a monment and as him to show me how the backhoe comes on and off. SAME ISSUE he could not lift it high enough to get the L pins in and the routing on the power beyond hoses was wrong. After 1/2 he gave up and said he would get it corrected.

Keep in mind, I explained all of the past issues to the salesman and owner of the place, they assurred me I would not have the same issue.

Before leaving the store, I looked over the unit and it was a scratched up on the hood and plastic fenders. He said he would get it all cleaned up. Also the backhoe bucket, an 18" type looked like a cheap aftermarket, very thin compared to the 12" I had on the previous machine.

The question, do I go ahead with the purchase? 27K is a lot of cash just to cut my grass and move stuff around. I consider it like a new car purchase but the mindset of these dealers seems to be its just a tractor its going to get scratched and dirty-they feel its nothing a can of krylon paint wont fix.

The plastic fenders, entire platform also is a concern?

Back to the question, so I purchase?

The new Kubota 3430 is looking better and better for the same amount of cash I could have it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
larry

2002-12-18          46252

Say good bye to that dealer & machine
You should give someone else a try ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-18          46256

You are right, that is a lot of money to pay for a bucket full of familiar problems and a cavalier dealer attitude.
I walked away from a dealer and a deal because he repeatedly lied to me about the delivery date, which left me without a tractor I could use. So I would have no problem running, not walking, from this deal. ....

View my Photos
Lou

2002-12-18          46258

I would consider the 790. You could do everything you mentioned and get good reliability and performance from a gear driven tractor for less loot. ....

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-18          46259

I'd give Kubota a shot. ....

View my Photos
Yerbyra

2002-12-18          46261

I own a 990,and would have to agree w/Lou! ....

View my Photos
Cledus

2002-12-18          46264

I own a 20 year old Kubota. Kept the filters clean, replaced the belts and hoses, flushed the coolant and replaced the oil. It has never let me down. Kubota Dealers I ve dealt with were very responsive ref to parts and attachment needs. Good Luck ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-12-18          46265

The main thing is to find a dealer you are satisfied with. The quality on most of the green/blue/orange tractors seem to be about the same whether they are from Japan or Korea. If you find a good dealer for them you might want to consider some of the other Korean brands too, such as Kioti or Branson. You will save up to 2 or 3 thousand dollars buying one of the other Korean brands.

View my Photos
drgavin

2002-12-18          46266

Go Kubota !
I bought a l3010 with backhoe and FEL and just love the machine.(70 acres fild & woods,1/2 mile driveway.)
This thing does a fine job with whatever task I put to it.
Read the Kubota board,no one ever complains.

Good Luck. ....

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-18          46268

I just sold a new Branson 3510 4x4 with a loader and hoe for under $20K. Hoe comes off in 2 minutes, and back on in 3. Nice heavy subframe mount. Branson actually builds several John Deere models for the Asian market....so you could still be a JD fan. (I'm on the west coast, so I am not trying to drum up business for myself.) ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2002-12-18          46270

When I picked up my NH TC29, one of the relays was bad, causing it not to start. It upset my dealer more than me, I think. He fixed it on the spot; also, since the tractor got dirty on the trip in, they had washed, waxed and Armor All'ed the whole thing. Plus I took delivery a day earlier than expected.

Everybody should expect this kind of experience with a new tractor. Reject anything less.

Bill ....

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-12-18          46273

I paid $20450 for my 2002 TC29 with the stronger Woods loader and Woods backhoe. Will be getting my 2003 TC29 in april for $21100, equpipped the same. Add another $1000 and you can add a hydrostactic tranny and still be under the price of that JD 4310/hoe And I'm betting my capabilities are the same or better than the JD 4310. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2002-12-18          46279

Hey jdfan, you could get a Kioti and change your name to KiotiKid. I guess you could go Kubota and be KubotaKid. Whatever you buy, if not a JD, that name has got to go lol.

Seriously though, I think I know how you feel. If I'd had you luck with JD, I'd be looking elsewhere too. I've had two new JDs, a 4600 2WD I had for 3 years that I traded for a 4610 4WD. The 4600 never gave me a bit of trouble. The only thing ever done to it was serviced. The 4610 has had a couple of minor probs (hydraulic leak and fuel gauge). Both were promptly fixed. Anyway, good luck on your decision.

Billy ....

View my Photos
harvey

2002-12-19          46290

JDFAN I can not believe your dealer or prospective dealer. Is this dealer a regular farm equipment dealer or one of the new compacts only? Regular farm equipment dealers, in my opnion, are much more customer & service oriented. (Of course they deal mostly with farmers and not YUPPIES). However that said; they still have a siginificant income from the compact market and they know it. I have a 2 year old 4400 with over 500 hours on it JD has came and picked it up 3 times for different PIPs and to install the 48 backhoe, no charge. They have addressed every issuse even if it sounded like I was whinning. The service manager has me come right in and go through HIS JD web site with ALL of the avaiable information, including avaiable PIPs, about my compact. The backhoe has adjustments for the RSA mount and a GOOD technician would have it correct. On mine the lever has to be "tweaked" a little on my end (push down a little while pulling back to get the full stroke).You should not have any hyd leaks. If you have quick connects popping off, I would be REAL concerned: #1 did I hook them up right? #2 wrong styles of connectors? #3 is the line/fitting going to pop with my face near it or my foot under the unit? Sounds like their/your service dept has a bunch of minimum wage know nothings. FIND ANOTHER DEALER Green, Orange or the new Purple color (red & blue). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login