Go Bottom Go Bottom

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Mick Snell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-19          26912

Looking for some feed back I test drove a JD 4200 with HST & 113 hrs on it the forward pedal seem to work o.k. but the reverse pedal you couldn't hardly depress is this the way all the 4200 are or is it just this machine? Is there a fix for this problem

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-04-19          26916

Mick, I found differences last year when I was test-driving different 4400's, which have the same pedal setup as a 4200. Turns out there were two different "spring settings" that could be used in the pedal arrangement. I had the dealer set mine to the easier position and I've found it ok, although maybe still too stiff for a lighter person. I now hear (from a dealer) that the new 4200-4400 tractors have a different pedal linkage and design that is superior to the old. This dealer said he could upgrade my tractor to the new pedal design under warranty if I felt my existing pedal arrangement was too stiff. ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Mick Snell

2001-04-19          26921

Thanks for the input Jeff I will check with the dealer on the upgrade ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Brad Englund

2001-05-25          28579

I've had a 4200, hydro and loader for about a year. I love the tractor, but hate the reverse pedal design! I've done a lot of loader work with the tractor and actually developed a problem with my right hip. I didn't associate the hip problem with the tractor until late this winter moving snow. Since I realized that it was the loader work, and that dumb reverse pedal, that was messing up my hip, I've taken it easy. About a week ago, I noticed on a new 4200 the new pedal design, which would solve the problem. I too have just recently talked to my dealer to get the new pedal design installed on my tractor. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I am going to keep pushing until the problem is fixed. ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-05-28          28690

Brad, just had the pedal update applied to my 4400 two weeks ago. I love it. I had experienced the same hip and leg fatigue that you described when doing loader work and on the reverse pedal all the time. The new pedals are cast metal and the angle of the reverse pedal makes it much easier to use. No fatigue now. Dealer did it as a warranty update because I complained that the old one was bothering my hip. ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
john hunter

2001-05-31          28832

IS THE PEDAL REPLACEMENT COVERED BY THE JOHN DEERE WARRANTY? MY JOHN DEERE DEALER TOLD ME TO COME IN AND GET THE PARTS........
THANKS ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Terry O

2001-06-01          28850

I used my brother-in-laws 4200 last summer for about 2 hours brush hogging. Over all I liked the unit, but thought the placement of the hydro pedals were terrible, particularly the reverse pedal. I had to contort my right leg to depress it. I have e-mailed him this post, maybe he'll want the new/improved design as well. Thanks. Happy and safe tractoring.

Terry O ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Dale

2001-06-02          28879

I've had my 4400 HST since last August.I also felt the reversing pedal was uncomfortable.Then while looking over a new 4600 HST at the dealer I noticed the reversing pedal was taller,much easier and more comfortable to use.It was also cast iron.So the dealer and I looked at it and decided that it would retrofit on the 4400 and he ordered a set of the new design pedals.I only put the new reversing pedal on (only took about 5 mins) and I am very satisfied with it.Before,I was always straining to depress the reverse,now I don't even think about it.Unfortunately I had to buy my pedal but it was only $32 and an addition that was well worth the cost. ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
Brad Englund

2001-06-02          28896

I did get word back from my JD dealer on replacement of the hydro pedals on my 4200. He said that they did order the new parts to replace both the pedals and the connecting rods to the transmission. They will replace them under warranty. I looked on JD's on-line parts catalog, and compared the parts diagrams for both pedal designs. The new design is quite different from the old one. I am looking forward to getting them replaced. If anyone has not taken advantage of the on-line parts catalogs on the JD website, you may want to check it out. All of the exploded parts diagrams are listed for your tractor (that is if it's a green one). They are a bit clunky to navigate around in, but you eventually find what you're looking for. Happy tractoring! ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
john hunter

2001-06-09          29114

MY JOHN DEERE DEALER IS GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR THE REPLACEMENT, REVERSE PEDAL, PARTS THAT HE TOLD ME INITALLY THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE. I HAVE A 4300 WITH ONLY 41 HOURS DUE TO LEG PROBLEMS FROM PUSHING THE REVERSE PEDAL. IS THIS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY? ....

hydro pedals on 4200

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-06-11          29139

John, I don't know if it is covered under warranty or not. I do know that I have a great dealer who goes out of his way to keep me satisfied, so there are times that he doesn't charge me. I probably shouldn't have stated earlier that he did it as a warranty update; I really only know that he didn't charge me for the pedals update. Of course, the tractor was at his dealership getting $5,000 of new implements added so maybe that had something to do with it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login