Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 4300 transmission problems

View my Photos
Terry Weivoda
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-24          1944

I just purchased a new JD 4300 Hydro with MFWD. The tractor can not pull at full rated rpm in high range (range C). If the hydro control is pushed fully forward the maximum rpm the tractor will produce is 2200 and is clearly laboring. It only seems to problem in high range. My dealer says he has a 4400 doing the same thing. My dealer is waiting to hear from Deere on a fix.Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BS

1999-03-24          1951

I have a 4200 that acts similarly. It seems like it got a lot better in warmer weather and when I had a few more hours on the motor. ....

View my Photos

1999-03-24          1964

Probably not a help but I have a 4300 with sync-reverser, everything works great. I drive it to gasstation 3/4 mileaway in High, not a problem getting all rpm all the way. May be a hydro problem ....

View my Photos
jim

1999-03-24          1968

I seem to remember hearing about a new kubota doing the same thing. I don't know if its really a problem though. How often do you need to run at full speed? ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-03-24          1975

I was the person who posted the original question on the L3010 over a month ago. I still haven't heard back from Kubota with a sensiable answer. I also drove a new 4200 and 4300 JD at Cooper Lawn and Garden Center in Glasgow De. I told Ronnie the owner that it did the same thing as the Kubota. Get to 2200 to 2300 in high range and they peter out. BUT WAIT, there is an answer. Go test drive a New Holland TC33D or TC29D and you wont have this problem. Those two damn tractors went right up to full power and none to slow I might add. They were both wonderful tractors to drive and I really think thats what you'll see on my company trailer very soon. I waiting to see the new B2710 Kubota but I have already told my dealer that it better be one heck of a tractor to sway my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think it will have a hard time doing so. And to the person who said "How often do you need full power in high range?" I sy this. It's supposed to run at 2800rpm's it better damn well do it if I'm putting out the cash. I cut two Dupont farms this year and they both have atleast 1 1/2 mile driveways. So yes it's nice to be able to travel at full high speed. Well good luck and anyone who wants to see a great tractor look at the New Holland TC series. Scaper ....

View my Photos
Terry Weivoda

1999-03-25          1976

The problem I have encountered appears to be a power problem more than a problem with the transmission. The tractor works perfectly in ranges A and B. My dealer has been in contact with Deere and they are working to get the problem resolved. With respect to the followup comment that was posted yesterday "how often do you need to go full speed", when you pay over $20,000 (with attachments) for this equipment you should expect the tractor to perform as advertised. Deere states a specific transport speed based upon fully rated rpm in high range. To Deere's credit, I fully expect the problem to be resolved. I have only had the tractor less than a week. In my opinion, you can't beat Deere when it comes to warranty and product support. ....

View my Photos
johnny

1999-03-25          2009

Sounds simple, but have the parking brake and pedal brakes checked to be sure they are not dragging. Dealer should be able to check pto hp to see if engine is problem. If engine smokes black when loaded, it is getting fuel and is probably ok. ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-03-26          2016

Well spoken Terry I agree with you 1000% I have had the same problem with Kubota as posted in the past by me. I was very unhappy with their response. They stated no problem even when I offered them 26 responses to the contrary.Well I hope Deere does right by their customers. ....

View my Photos

1999-03-26          2038

I'm the guy who said "how often do you need to run full speed" and I own a ford 1620. It runs fine in all ranges. If you need to get up the 1.5 mile driveway 40 seconds faster buy a truck and a trailer. ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-03-27          2042

Jim think about your post for a minute. I know what your saying and I agree to an extent. Lets say you went out and bought a new JD4300 and the rated lift 24 inches behind the links is 2200 lbs. Ok you have an implement that weighs say 1900 lbs. and you hook it up and go to do a good days work. Well your proud of your new tractor and your buddy is standing there when you go to lift the equipment, and your new tractor peters out. Whoa what the heck do you do,. call the dealer and complain? Most likely!!! And what if the dealer says, "Well it says in the book that it will lift 2200lbs. but I guess it wont, hey I just sell em I'll try to find out whats wrong and get back to ya." Well do you except the short coming from what the book says or do you bitch? If I just put out $ 17.600 like my dealer quoted me for this unit man you can bet I would complain as any resonable person should! Well getting in the drive 40 sec. quicker is the same thing!!!! They say the darn thing will do something so it damn well better or I'm going to want my money back. I can't speak for anyone else here but thats my way of doing business! If I put a fence in for a person and the darn thing rots out in 2 years I'm going to have to fix it. So I'm going to do it right the first time and not advertise that the posts wont rot for 20 years! If I put it in writing I have to explain why it doesn't do what I said. Well JD needs to tell it's customers why the tractor doesn't perform up to the stated RPM range and thats a fact. I don't have the time or desire to purchase equipment that doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I would like to think that this way of doing business spills over into the selling of tractors. Buy the way, I was the person who posted about the Kubota doing the same thing the Deere is doing, loss of power in high range. It cost Kubota the sale of two new tractors, I know who cares ?, Ido thats who and if you are going to buy things that don't do what they are ment to do, I have some great dry land in sourthern Florida for sale it's the driest around !!!Want to purchase it? In all seriousness good luck I just can't abide by your reasoning. Thanks Scaper ....

View my Photos

1999-03-27          2058

Point well taken ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login