Go Bottom Go Bottom

Thinking About Getting a 2305

View my Photos
Tance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-07          122375

Hi all, I've been reading the old posts about the 2305 and its predecessor, and I'm about ready to buy one in the spring. I own a mobile home park and in addition to mowing and some small drainage/backhoe projects, my main use would be using the loader to spread crushed asphalt and then roll/compact it. In your experience, is the 2305 loader sufficiently sized to handle heavy loads like gravel and crushed asphalt without bogging? Or should I go with a bigger tractor? I like the compact size of the 2305, and from what I've read so far everyone seems to consider it a capable workhorse. And I looked at Kubotas etc but I've always been a green fan. Thanks for your comments and experience.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JDFANATIC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-07          122377

Tance,

The 2305 would do fine for what you describe, although if a backhoe is in your cards, you would have to go with an aftermarket one. One of the advantages of these tractors is their size. For light to medium loader work, they work great. Ballasting is important though.

Cheers

JDFANATIC ....

View my Photos
Tance

2006-01-09          122508

Thanks JD, the dealer said there might be an issue with ROPS head clearance if I go with a backhoe so I'll have to research that. And I'll keep the ballast box in mind. That's a nice yard you have. ....

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-10          122519

Tance, depending on your location within, but a 4110 or 4115 (there aren't many left in the US, but if you find them, the deals are good because of rebates) even though bit larger than the 2305 has some added features and would easily cover your needs. ....

View my Photos
Tance

2006-01-10          122528

Actually, you read my thoughts. I'm just now starting to look in that direction. Funny how easy it is to justify something bigger (ha). ....

View my Photos
jd2210

2006-01-10          122531

Tance, if wanted email me on the side and I will let you know what is available around you. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-10          122532

You will have problems with head clearance if you add a backhoe to the 2305, not to mention warranty issues if the aftermarket B/H damages the tractor.

I have owned both green and orange and I have to say that Kubota certainly offers the best, most user friendly tractor/loader/backhoe packages on the market.

If you cannot locate a 4110/4115, take a closer look at a BX23, it might be about perfect for your needs. ....

View my Photos
jd2210

2006-01-10          122550

DRankin,

I just noticed your photos and comments regarding green vs. orange, and would like to hear your pros/cons of the two machines you have now? I would (guess??) the 4115 is much more capable, but I sense you like the orange better? Reason for asking, I'm wanting to do something, not sure what in terms of my next step and would appreciate the insight.

JD2210 ....

View my Photos
Tance

2006-01-11          122610

DRankin,

Thanks,I did look at the BX23 and I liked it too... to tell you the truth I'm kind of overloaded on choices here, so many different models to chose from. But I think the best bet is to read posts on this site and others. I get the feeling it's like choosing between a Camaro and a Mustang... my guess is that they're both pretty good. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2006-01-11          122612

Not sure what your budget is saying but I was all onboard until the backhoe part and the spreading and roll compacting. I would thing would do better with a Deere 4310/4410 new or used if you can find a new unsold unit. The Kubota or Kioti equivalents would also be good choice in my opinion as well. With fluid filled tires and extra weights you would have plenty of weight to roll compact and enough tractor to tackle any backhoe chore you face. Yes they are bigger than the 2305 but not that much bigger. ....

View my Photos
Tance

2006-01-12          122625

Thanks for pointing me toward the 4310/4410s, I'll start researching them. The reason I originally started looking at the 2305 was because of the compact size (for both my garage and working between trailers. But I agree, a bigger platform for running attachments makes more sense, less problems, more stability. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-12          122634

"just noticed your photos and comments regarding green vs. orange, and would like to hear your pros/cons of the two machines you have now? I would (guess??) the 4115 is much more capable, but I sense you like the orange better? Reason for asking, I'm wanting to do something, not sure what in terms of my next step and would appreciate the insight."

Good question..... It has taken me a couple of days to mull it over.

Like most things in life, buying a tractor creates a series of compromises. If I were looking for a new tractor right now, I would probably be at the Kubota dealer focused on a 2910 or whatever it has morphed into these days, or carefully checking out the Kioti line.

To me the most important factor in tractors, cars and ATV's is the basic quality. I bought the 4100 (and then the 4115) because it was designed and assembled in Japan.

My guess was right, as the Japanese Deere's have proved to be some of the most trouble free units on the market, while the American assembled stuff has spent a lot of time back at the dealership.

That has now taken a turn. According to the Deere web site, the replacement models for the 2210 and the 4115 are now assembled in America. Yanmar is now a brand name of its own again. So in my mind, we will have to wait to see if Deere has done it better than they have in the past.

That said.... the 4115 is much, much more capable than the BX and significantly more tractor that the 4110.

Deere Pluses: 1)The quick detach bucket is a wonderful thing. Some days I switch between bucket and forks 3 or 4 times. Being able to swap one for the other in less than a minute is the thing that makes it all work.

2) The backhoe uses the internal hydraulics rather than a separate PTO pump. This makes installation and removal faster and less complicated.

3) Yanmar engines. When have you ever read where someone is having trouble with a Yanmar engine that wasn't 30 years old and bought used? But the same can be said for Kubota engines.

Deere Minuses: 1) The hydraulics leak down. Drives me nuts, especially when using the backhoe. It settles back down on the wheels after about 5 minutes and I must constantly pay attention to it. The BX stabilizers would stay up for hours.

2) Sloppy backhoe. There was no wiggle in the BX hoe. When you swung the boom it stopped where you put it. The Deere hoe flops and bangs around.

3) Two speed HST. I wish I had a three speed like the one offered on the larger Kubota's. I recently had to go down one tire size all the way around because my 4115 had trouble backing out of holes I dug with the backhoe and climbing hills with the backhoe attached. This is probably due mostly to my mile high altitude. Now my working ground speeds are really slow. That middle gear would be very handy.

The CUT market is changing and I am not sure Deere is making the best of decisions. Last I heard, Kubota was far and away the sales leader in the compact market and that speaks volumes. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login