Go Bottom Go Bottom

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-25          108727

I need to know the weight of the Deere 210 FEL. My manual says the bucket (empty) weighs 153 lbs. But I can not find the weight of the arms - or the full unit with bucket. Anyone know the weight of this implement?

I'm trying to decide on a trailer and want to be sure I've calculated the total weight correctly. I'm looking at 5 x 14 ft Load & Trail trailer unit with a carrying capacity of 2900 lbs and a 3500 lbs single axle.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

210 Loader

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-25          108744

My 410 loader is slightly larger than your 210 and uses the same buckets I think.

The 410 weighs 783 pounds with a 53 inch bucket, the hood guard and all the mounting brackets.

Hope that helps. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-03-25          108745

I was guessing the 210 might be 700 lbs - so I was close. Thanks for the info!

B. Meyer ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
kickapoobd

2005-03-25          108751

If you have the means to move to a Tandum axle, make every effort to do so! Tandum axles are a must once a certain size and weight are reached to assure a stable, safe tow. I witnessed a single axle trailer flip over with coming down a hill. It wobbled, then rolled with the truck going along for the ride. The trailer had a JD 950 on board, no attachments, and was under weight for the trailer capacity. Everyone ended up okay, except for the trailer, tractor, and truck.

Many new trailers have the brakes already in place and will assist in your stablity. Good luck!

Troy ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-03-26          108759

Thanks for the advice, Troy. I've looked at tandems but they seem a bit big for my needs. The single axle Load & Trail is rated for a load of 2950 lbs which should be OK for my estimate of my 2210 with loader and tiller attached. I'll only be using it for local transit - no long haul trips. I am thinking that the 59" width is too narrow (50" wide bucket)and I might get the 77" version.

As for length, I'd prefer a 12ft model instead of the 14ft version as I can get another trailer manufacturer option then (Karavan). BUT, the tractor, FEL, and tiller are going to be 13-14ft. Does it make any sense to simply put the tiller or box blade in the bucket for the few times I'll transit the unit? Or is that foolish thinking? What do others use to haul their 2210's or 4115's?

I'm a rookie at this stuff but have trailered 25ft boats with a tandem. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-03-26          108778

Now that I hear more details, I have to say that you might be headed for trouble.

There must be a couple feet of extra room on the trailer to "spot" the tractor. If you are locked into one or two positions you may very well have too much tongue weight, or worse (and real dangerous) too little tongue weight.

Single axle trailers are even less forgiving than duals because of the very narrow center of gravity. I have seen tail-heavy trailers "wag the dog" with fatal results.

I would strongly urge you to put your 14 foot load on a 16 foot dual axle trailer. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-03-27          108888

I hadn't thought about the change in the load distribution if I put weight into the bucket. Thanks for raising that issue. I'm sure that would be a concern.

I'm just trying to "NOT" to wind up with a big trailer in the backyard that will be hard to use for other purposes.

But, everytime I get into this discussion I seem to be right on the edge of the limits of a single axle tralier. The "right" answer seems to be to move up to a tandem axle.

Maybe I should rent something for a bit to see what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for the advice.

210 Loader

View my Photos
dklopfenstein
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-27          108897

Just remember you can usually use too big of a trailer for a small job, but you can NEVER us too small of a trailer for a big job. Error on the size of slightly too big when buying a trailer. You'll never be sorry. Also, when hauling a CUT, tandem is the only way to go. I personally prefer a car hauler. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
DJLX585

2005-04-01          109260

I may be a little late in posting but if you look at my pics #3 you will see my 2210 on a homemade 2 axle 5x12 trailer. This doesn't show the tiller but I can fit the 2210 loader and tiller on this trailer but the bucket needs to hang over the front a little for tongue weight. Actually the width is 62" between the fenders and I have a 54" mmm so everything works out but just. If it had been a 6 X 12 then I could have gotten the 62" mmm.
I am glad it is a 2 axle though and it has electric brakes on one axle. With the tractor on it my Durango knows it's back there! ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-01          109280

DJLX - Your photos helperd me to see the size of the unit on a trailer. It's really big! I'm seeing now why folks are saying to get a Tandem Axle. Somehow the 2210 doesn't look that big in my driveway.

When I measure my unit it is just short of 14 feet from FEL to Box Blade. Does your tiller hang over the back of your 12 foot trailer? ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-01          109288

Thought I heard a light bulb go on a couple hours ago....

I think there is 10 inches of wheelbase difference between your 2210 and my 4115. My tractor with attachments takes up every inch of a 16 foot trailer. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-02          109291

I'm glad I paid the electric bill so that light worked!!

I attend a spring garden and landscaping show in Central Wisconsin yesterday. It's interesting that the guys who sell lawn equipment and trailers say I can get by with a single axle. However the guys who sell "my stuff" and bigger all say tandem. I talked to guys who were "construction" and "Farm" types who say go Tandem, and an "ex-Over the road" semi driver who said Tandem as well. THe guys who haul this stuff side with tandems. THe guys who have trailers to sell say say single axle.

I find that many people selling trailers give me the axle rating but then "forget" or underestimate the tralier weight in the load formula. Thus I wind up with a heavy 3500# single axle option but it can't carry the load I have. Or the trailer construction is lightweight and I question the load on it.

I'm now looking for tandem axles and 72-77" wide by 14' long. Can I get something like that for around $1500? ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
mudpie

2005-04-02          109294

I bought an 18 foot trailer for my 2210 about a year ago. Bought it from Dubberly Tractor & Equipment Company in Chester, Virginia. The price for the Superior(Manufacturer) dual axle with brakes was $1,695. I have never regretted going with the longer trailer. With the loader and bushhog it leaves just enought room to position the tractor for best weight distribution depending on what vehicle I am pulling it with.

When I purchased the tractor I thought I was going to haul it on my 10 foot single axle utility trailer. Glad I was reading this board last year.

Mudpie ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-02          109308

The price of steel recently took an upward spike, and so did trailers. Your price range might be closer to $2k now as a result.... unless you can find one that was made with last years steel.

Also, around here 16 foot is the standard size and 14 foot is considered a custom order and priced higher. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-03          109347

Saw a real nice looking 16ft tandem trailer for $1750 just down the road from me. Will go to see it on Monday.

Put the Box Blade on my 2210 today and with the bucket in place it measures all of 14 ft! I see now why folks are suggesting a 16ft trailer. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-04-03          109351

I move my tractor several times a day, though larger and heaver. One avantage to a two axel trailer is that you can disconnect from the truck while loaded. I even load and unload without being connected. ....

210 Loader

View my Photos
DJLX585

2005-04-04          109371

You are getting good advice concerning the 2 axle trailer. Actually my trailer measures 13'and the weight distribution allows the tiller to be fully on but the bucket to be right at or over the front. A 6x14 would have suited me better but this trailer is pretty stout, good welds and hard to beat for $900.00. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login