Go Bottom Go Bottom

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
wildbill34
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-01          103245

Well the first winter has begun with my new baby (2210). First lesson learned whas that it can get extremely cold out there without an enclosure. Here in southwest MI, gotta stay up on the lake effect snow or have 3-5 feet to deal with. Anyone with ideas on enclosures for the 2210 toy...oops mean tool. Thought the missus was looking over my shoulder.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-01          103246

Well you have a wide range of options from building your own (seen one out of plywood, screws, and metal top) to purchasing an entry model cab, perhaps from Original Cab with the link shown below. Apparently, you can get the entry one for around $600-$700 and the sky is the limit through Deere directly, i.e., 3K, but very nice. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
wildbill34

2005-01-01          103248

Thanks for the input, I checked out the website and it did have the one you spoke about. Although no pictures were available. Not sure of who else manufactures the enclosures, seen one out there from Curtis also. In any event, mister frozen face here will be purchasing something by next week, or my ears and nose may come off and bounce on the driveway otherwise. Suspect I will probably be leaning toward one of more nicer units. I say that now, before the real boss in the house knows about it....lol ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-01-07          103745

email me and I will get you a photo ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
Garycorn

2005-01-08          103841

Wildbill,
I too have gotten a pretty cold face pushing snow here in Nebraska. I'd like something for my 2210 also. I found a site for Femco company. They make fully enclosed cabs and also make a nice enclosure called a weatherbrake. It is canvas with plastic windows. It doesn't have a top. Protects from direct wind. They have one made just for the 2210. There is a picture of one on their web site.
I haven't contacted them for a price yet. In previous discussions here I learned there can be a problem with your breath fogging up the windows in a fully enclosed cab. Perhaps this type of enclosure is just the way to go, it wouldn't have that problem, yet keeps the wind off you. I'll try to see if I can post their web site here, never tried that before.

Gary ....

Link:   

Click Here

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
wildbill34

2005-01-09          103857

I went and looked at the website, looks like they will have what I am looking for assuming it is for a 2210. I sent them an e-mail and look forward to their response. I am going to look at the wind break also. However, I am usually out in it for 30-40 minutes at a time. I guess I could dress up as eskimo, but then it might be a little warm. Thanks for the input.

Bill ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
Garycorn

2005-01-09          103874

I sent Femco an email this morning also. I'll let you know what info I recieve from them. ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
Wildman1

2005-01-16          104332

I put a Curtis soft side on mine with the Curtis heater. No fogging and warm enough for shirt sleeves down to around +10, then a light jacket is fine. I do 10 driveways at a time for my neighbors and am out for 2 hours or more.

See my pics of the cab.

Mike in Alaska ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-17          104366

Wildman1: How easy is it to remove and install your Curtis Cab? Do you leave it on all year? -34° here this morning. Not fun without some protection. ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
busguy

2005-01-18          104407

The curtis cab is easy to put on and take off. about an hour and a half but the windshield is awkward and heavy so you may want to have two people. ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
Wildman1

2005-01-18          104482

I leave the cab on year 'round. I just take the doors and rear curtain off. Great when it rains. And, yes, the windshield is heavy.

Mike ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
wildbill34

2005-11-28          120029

Garycorn,

Did you order the enclosure for yourself yet? Looking at the news, it looks like you got a little snow your way. I ordered the curtis soft side and it should be in next week.

Having the dealer install it.

Been out twice so far this year, and it was cooooooold....funny how fast you can go when its that cold out. Hope you didn't get buried out there. ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-11-29          120037

wildman1,

Does the Curtis cab stick up above the ROPS? Reason for asking, that is a limiting factor for me and it would appear by your pictures it does not, but I want to make sure.

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
wildbill34

2005-11-30          120141

JD,

From everything I have seen along with what the dealer tells me, the cab does not stick above ROPS. However, I would question that if you are adding a strobe light. I also told my dealer I didn't want the lights sticking above the cab. Didn't want to have them decapitated by a branch or limb, while I was playing. Got keep saying working, gonna get caught by the boss one day.

I'll send you pics after install is completed.

Hope this helps ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-12-01          120159

Busguy,

Can you give me the model number and make of the temperature gauge you use on the 2210? ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
busguy

2005-12-01          120160

I used a Cyberdyne 2X4702650 Gauge. and ZX470271B Sender from JC Whitney. Around $55.00 It's still working after almost 2 years. ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-12-02          120255

I will get it ordered today.

How about emailing me on the side, because I have a few more questions about the install if you don't mine? ....

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
juneau

2006-10-24          136285

Mike
Hello from Juneau Wildman1. I am about to buy a JD 2320 thought you might like to let me know what you recommend for snow removal. I like thje looks of the curtis cab they say that they will have one for the 2320 in December. Juneau gets the wet stuff then we get rain and ice. I have talked with a dealer in Washington and just today called Craig Taylor in Anchorage. I see you put studs on do you change tires for summer? What is the best for moving snow front blade or blower. Any advice that might be especially helpfull in Alaska? I will be using the tractor as part of my business and plowing a few driveways and one parking lot. You can see some photos on my website link ....

Link:   http://www.aukebaylandingcraft.com/

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-10-25          136307

Mike died about a year ago. He was good folks. ....

Link:   Mike

Enclosure for 2210

View my Photos
juneau

2006-10-25          136310

very sorry to read that

His profile lives on and he must have been one neat guy. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login