Go Bottom Go Bottom

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
bigbru
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-21          102692

Do I go with the 2001 NH TC33D w Super Steer, 7308 FEL, no factory warranty and save $2,000? Or the 2004 JD4310 430 FEL and two years waranty? Both HST Both seem great dealers and very helpful. I have tried both machines and both will do the job as best as I can tell since the ground is frozen. The JD has a much better loader but not super steer. I am in the woods hauling logs, scraping roads, digging ditches, brush cutting with 5ft blade. Manuverability is important around all the trees both are fine with the edge to the NH. Please advise. Bruce

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-12-21          102693

How many hours are on each machine ? ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-22          102695

Why would you need Super Steer in the woods?

Go with the more solid machine. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-22          102697

"2004 JD4310 430 FEL and two years waranty?"

c) Utility Tractors, Compact Utility Tractors 24 Months or 2000 Hours, Whichever Comes First

d) Powertrain on Compact Utility Tractors (components as per B above) 36 Months or 2000 Hours, Whichever Comes First ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-22          102698

That's about the same situation as trying to buy a good low mile one or two year old pickup, it sems there is never enough price difference to justify the used one. I've never driven a super steer, so I really don't know how much manuverability advantage they offer over a conventional. My thought is the Blue would have to be real low hour, have a one year dealer warranty, and have a definite advantage from the Super Steer. Enjoy what you buy. Frank. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-22          102702

Just a question for the folks on blue tractors. Is a super steer an extra cost option over a conventional front wheel assist or is it standard equipment? Thanks. Frank. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-22          102705

Can't tell from yur post if the JD is new, if it is, you may take a good look at the financing options. With the 0% interest offers, it makes buying new more attractive, along with the bonus of having a full warranty. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-12-22          102706

Both have about the same hours JD 75 NH 125 ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
denwood

2004-12-22          102742

Well for me I made that same sort of decision already. My motivators. Hydro pedals on opposite side, stronger loader breakout, easier to take off and on(no kickstands) two hydro pedals. Hydro on NH was too slow to react in slowdown. when I went fast and removed my foot it coasted to a stop with a little feeling of decelleration. The JD pulls hard to a stop. I demoed several new NH to see if it was the standard. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
oneace

2004-12-22          102749

The 7308 loader does not have kick stands. It also sounds to me that one either the New Holland is way over priced or two your are able to get one hell of a deal on the JD. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
Deerester

2004-12-23          102816

Myself, for 2000 more I would get the new one with a warranty. Also if your like me and take the loader on and off often the deere would be my choice. I dont think you will find a simpler or quicker on/off loader. If the cash or loader are not real issues for you then its a toss up. They are both great tractors. Just my 2 cents... ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-12-23          102826

Last I looked at my NH, it could not be simpler to take loader off unless JD has someone come and do it for you?
Supersteer would be a 100% plus in the woods, that is hands down. As close as your going to come to a skidsteer without buying one for manuverability. Pedals on the other hand may be a drawback. I hvae no knowlege of JD so It would be unfair for me to give my biased review. Look at all the features and get whats best for you not what others (not all but some here may be biased) LOL You all know!!!! We are loyal to our own! ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
denwood

2004-12-23          102834

BA, from someone who is not loyal to any brand, just form and function. I seriously considered NH and demoed several. I know supersteer gives a tighter inside diameter, superior for mowing, even field work, but it adds considerable length to the machine with a loader on. I would be curious to see the OUTSIDE diameter of a supersteer with loader, turning without brakes, compared to the other big 2. NH by far has the worst specs online and in their literature. I have even spoken to NH corporate about it. I couldn't even find the weight of any compact machine, let alone other figures like dimensions. They acknowledged the lack of info but had no idea why it wasn't available and couldn't give it to me. My dealer did have some in his dealer books. I have a suspicion that some or all of the advantage on the inside is eaten up on the outside by the added length. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
oneace

2004-12-23          102858

Actually the TC33d super steer with a 7308 loader is no longer that a non supersteer tractor. Exact same measurement from draw bar to bucket edge. However the DA with the 14La loader is 8 inches longer bucket edge to draw bar. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
DSP348

2004-12-23          102860

I looked at some of the same things when I bougt mine (4310). In hindsight the limiting factor in close quarters has turned out to be the length (tractor with loader ans attachment) rather than the turn diameter. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
denwood

2004-12-24          102896

When I said NH had bad specs, I should have added that they used to have some of the best. I keep a large archive of equipment literature, and dug up the info for the tc33d with the 7308 loader. I have the turning measurments. Turnaround DIAMETER(the circle it leaves) tc33d with brakes(I's like to see them do that since only hydro available. I guess they ride sidesaddle) 102", with supersteer, 60.5 ", A big difference. Now for turning radius,(center of the circle to outside of tractor) tc33d with brakes 96.5", with supersteer, 93.8", a gain of 2.7 " For this machine with 7308 a small benefit. With the newer loader 8"longer, I think it may be a loss. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login