Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 2210

View my Photos
Robb55
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-07          100007

Thinking about purchasing a 2210...have need for the loader. Those of you who own one...would like your impressions, options that you have...etc

Thanks

Rob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 2210

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-11-07          100014

JD 2210 ,FEL, 62"MMM, LX4 Rotary Cutter, Woods Tooth Bar, Bad River hitch adapter, Wheel Weights, Front Weights, and a homemade rear ballast.

I've owned it for about a year and have over 140 hours on it. I'm very pleased with the 2210. The attachments go on and off very easily. Small size and FWD make easy to go about anywhere even with turf tires. 3 cylinder Yanmar Diesel is proven and quite capable. It's easy on fuel and the tractor is put together well.

My only complaints are lack of a temperature gauge and the MMM adjustment. The mower gives a great cut, but getting the blade height to match the height indicator is tricky. I quit obsessing about it and just mow. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
anonymous

2004-11-07          100015

My brother has one and has even used it to dig a basement under his house. The size allowed him to get under and around places that I didn't think was possible. I saw another guy using a 2210 to tear down an old shed. I have a 4210 and like both. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-07          100022

I bought mine in July and LOVE IT! Have the FEL and Box Blade with an I-Match hitch. The Snowblower comes in two weeks.

It has out performed my expectations. The Dealer has been great with follow-on advice.

I'd buy it all over again! ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
JDFANATIC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-08          100043

If the 2210 is sized right for your needs you will love it! I have just over 55 hrs on mine now and it has done everything I have asked it to. The loader is the most useful tractor invention and you'll find uses for it every day.

JDFANATIC
JD2210 ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-11-08          100048

I would echo all the comments above, especially mowhoward that a temp meter would be nice and I'm working on installing one now. In terms of ability and for it's size, the 2210 is one best bangs for the dollar. I have yet to be disappointed in my 2210 and it will be 2-years old this Jan. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-11-08          100049

I would echo all the comments above, especially mowhoward that a temp meter would be nice and I'm working on installing one now. In terms of ability and for it's size, the 2210 is one best bangs for the dollar. I have yet to be disappointed in my 2210 and it will be 2-years old this Jan. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
JD2210guy

2004-11-18          100513

ditto, love my 2210, had it since June. no problems, the loader is handy and I can remove it in seconds NO KIDDING. scoopful of dirt no problem. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
busguy

2004-11-29          101248

I installed a water temp gauge on my 2210 last year and it has been working great to so far.
I installed it on the blank panel adjacent to the parking brake lever (pic#2 and #3). I did find that at the angle from the seat an analog gauge was not visible so I installed a digital one. I drilled and tapped the plug in the thermostat housing above the alternator and installed the sensor there. I did find that when the ambient temp is below 40°f the coolant temp runs at 138° to 142° and when mowing in the summer it runs 158°to 162°f. I believe that the radiator fan is super cooling the block so I plan on blocking off part of the radiator this winter to get the temp up to operating range and hopefully more cab heat

JD 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-11-29          101253

Busguy,

If possible can you give me the part number, and pictures of the attachment on the engine and dash of the water temp? I have failed to see temp gauge on pics 2 and 3. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
JD2210guy

2004-11-29          101257

anonymous; I need to talk to your brother. I have a 100 year old house with a crawl space and would love to hear how the heck he dug a basement. I thought about this when I bought my 2210 but.. seems dangerous. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
busguy

2004-11-30          101289

jd2210

I would be glad to email you the pics of the gauge mounting. I don't have any of the sensor but I will shoot a couple this week. The gauge is a cyberdyne that I ordered from jc whitney for about $55.00.I wanted to mount it on the instrument panel but when I removed it I found it had some structural webbing under it that I didn’t want to drill through. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-12-06          101672

Busguy..I put a 190f thermostat in since the stock 160 didn't let my Curtis cab heater let off anything but cool air. The 190 blows hot air and I do snowblowing in a long sleeved shirt at 0f outside. I have run the 190 for about 200hrs and a full 4 seasons and have experienced no trouble.

I do use Power Service at every fill up and let the engine warm for at least 5 minutes before pouring the coals to it. I heard that heads can crack with these engines otherwise.

A temp guage would be nice.

Mike in Alaska ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
tractorjoe3

2004-12-09          102009

Best purchased I've made in years and fould some unique new attachments that made working around my small hobby farm as i have back problems and fould these attachments on the web that really helped.....see link....the lift forks and plows were added with the base unit. ....

Link:   EZ-Workhorse and Implements

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login