Go Bottom Go Bottom

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Mark
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-08-04          6607

Ordered a 4200 HST on May 18th. Dealer quoted 6 weeks. Latest word from the dealer is delivery in November. Total wait 6 months. Quite a difference between 6 weeks and 6 months. Is everyone seeing 6 month wait times for similar machine or am I unique.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Tracey McCormick

1999-08-04          6608

I was luck enough to get a 4300 HST off the lot. The same dealer has several 4200's sitting on his lot in San Diego. I don't know where you are, but I do know that dealers routinely transfer tractors between themselves to meet demand. If you are anywhere near Southern California and would like the dealer details, e-mail me. FYI the price for the 4300 HST 4WD with DSCV was $15,500. ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
camper

1999-08-04          6609

I had the same experience, I ordered a 4300 HST on May 15 and was told the same story that it would take from 45 to 60 days. I was told by my dealer a couple of weeks ago that it was due in the warehouse on Sept. 10. I will believe it when I see it, but am hoping for the best. ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Dave

1999-08-06          6681

I just got my 4300 last week after waiting 14 weeks. I was told to expect 6 weeks but later got the bad news (I think they knew it all along) that it would be 3 to 4 months. Dave ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Ted

1999-08-07          6714

I can't believe all the people waiting soooooooooooo long for a HST, when they announced that the GST was being dropped in favour of the HST, I visited my dealer, piggy bank in hand and bought two new non-current GST's. They are far more efficient than a Hydro., and we can work them ALL day and even in 90+deg. weather without even raising the temp., never mind over heating.......... and on less than 5 bucks diesel. ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
jay

1999-08-07          6731

Gentlemen,From the stand point of a Deere dealer, we are HATING this delay in machinery, we build the tractors in Augusta Ga. Unfortunately the suppliers are the problem right now. They put on a second shift Aug 1 this year , that is a first!!!! Rumor has it they are turning out around 400 tractors a day. I ordered a 4600 hydro in march and got in July, that's terrible. Trust me it is hurting our business. As dealers we are getting the story a little late in regards to weeks till delivery, my suggestion is that if you have a machine on order ask the dealer to use his computer to follow the progress through the factory. In the last weeks before shipment they can almost tell you the day the machine will be built. This takes alot of digging for the dealer to find out but it can happen. Good news is that the new compacts are GREAT and are generating a record sales amount. Kubota will probably fall to # 2 in sales this next year. Hang in there, 6 months wait for a tractor you will own the rest of your life? Yep it's worth it! Good luck!Jay ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Frank Taylor

1999-08-10          6805

I'm sorry, but a "six months wait for a tractor I'll own for the rest of my life" is nonsense and could only be said by a dealer. When I've work to do a six week wait is too long, never mind six months. When I was looking for a new tractor I heard the same story from my JD dealer but thanks to the information posted on this notice board I knew what the real story was. I bought a Kubota B2400 with rear mower and FEL and took delivery in 10 days, put it to work and I've been very happy with it. JD will overtake Kubota only if they lump orders and deliveries all into 1999 fiscal year. What's the sense of having a great product if you can't deliver it? Does JD honestly think that serious users are going to wait 6 months for their product..........I don't think so. If most of your customers knew the truth before they placed the order for their machines, they would be driving something else now. The price theses things cost JD is not doing me a favor making me wait six months. I'm sorry to dump on you but treating customers like that, with so much disrespect, just pushes my hot button and you just happened to be the nearest target.It's time we customers realized that we have the dollars and therefore we have the power. ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
Ben

1999-08-15          6956

Guys: From another dealers standpoint: I can understand how you feel. We are disgusted too as dealers, because we have a large demand but little supply. We have sold 12 4000's this year...which is more compacts than we have sold in the last 4 years combined..and we dont have a large draw for compacts. My point is, this has been such a popular product, Deere wasnt even prepared for it! Alot of people could have had a 4000 earlier in the year if they would not have been on here trying to find out the lowest price. Now, not everyone! Yes, six months is too long to wait. And yes, Kubota has an excellent product. Everyone on here has alot of good points. I just think Deere never figured this 4000 line was going to be such a hit!!! ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
AL

1999-09-14          7997

Jay,Read your & other comments w/alot of interest as I am shopping for a new tractor. What is your experience w/the new 4000 series design problems? I have read about alot of defects posted here. It seems that I may wait until the second production year to order, if I order JD at all. What can you tell me about design changes JD will or has made? Thanks for your honest feedback ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
AL

1999-09-14          7998

Ben,I have been shopping for a compact tractor & have benefited from reading this site's messages. I like the JD 4300 & 4400, but am worried about all the design problems I've read here. What is your experience w/the units you've sold? Do you know of any design changes JD will make in the future? My past experience w/first year model cars has been to wait until the second year so the bugs can be worked out. I'm inlcined to do the same here.I would appreciate any feedback. ....

4200 HST delivery delay

View my Photos
jay

1999-09-19          8136

Al,Thank you for your interest, truth is I have taken alot of 'banging' over a response in regards to this subject.Yes, all new tractor models have first season glitchs, we have had our share of problems but deere as a company won't let these problems go unanswered.I would say there is not a real reason to wait for the next model year. We have waited a long time to get new product to sell and these tractors have the changes we have asked for all along.I will still stand by my opinion that the waiting peroid from the factory is worth it. ( I hate that it is so long, it has made it tough this year )Anyhow, if you would like to chat some more about the details, please email me again, the kids have kept me busy all day and my brain is a little thin tonight.Last point, definately consider Deere some more before your final decision. Please let me know what other models you are considering I would like to here what you are looking at.Thank youJay ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login