Go Bottom Go Bottom

4410 better than expected

View my Photos
zodiac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-10          65988

got a few more hours in today on the 4410. man this thing is great. i can't believe how easy the ehydro is to drive. i've been grinding gears for ten years on a IH584, so this is like heaven. if i can get my honey do's done early. maybe i can get some more seat time tomorrow.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-10          65990

Are you planning to do much bush hogging? There have been a few instances of guys doing bush hogging whose JD CUT tractors have stopped dead in their tracks. What happens is that some tall brush catches on wiring underneath the tractor and tears it loose. You might do yourself a favor and crawl under your machine to check for loose or dangling wires and tie 'em up with nylon ties if you find any. My 4310 came with all the wires tied tightly up but some are getting shipped without. It may be a dealer prep sort of issue, I dunno. Easy to check for though. ....

View my Photos
zodiac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-10          65991

yea, i noticed today that it looked alittle low. also it looked like the hoses and the filter could get screwed up if you weren't careful. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-11          66024

Ken, doesn't JD make a shield kit for this tractor? I think either you or someone here made a post about that. Still got the info. & part #? I am thinking about one for mine for when I get a rotary cutter. One more cut and the MMM is coming off of mine. Can't wait! It does a great job but I hate dragging that thing around. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-11          66030

Yeah, JD makes what they call a "Rental Upgrade Kit" for these machines. Part of it includes a skid plate that protects the filter and maybe other areas underneath the machine. The problem is that the skid plate is only available as part of a $1k kit. It wouldn't be so bad if other kit components were useful, but most of the other stuff in the kit is useless. Who wants a C-range lockout? I forget the part number and will have to look it up. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66031

I am looking through the parts data base and could not remember the name of that kit. (CRS is cruel!) ;-) Thanks, I will see if I can find it now. Will post what I find. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66033

Searched the entire JD 4410 part data base and got nothing. Is it an after market kit? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-11          66035

The rental upgrade kit is definitely a JD kit. My dealer looked it up and gave me the price. Unfortunately the info is on my other computer. I'll look it up by monday and post it here if you don't find it first. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-11          66038

Chief, I started a new thread about the skid plates. My CRS is acting up again - the price is less than $400 not $1000. One guy got his along with the Xtra-Armor kit and he had paid more than $1k, so that's what I was thinking. Anyway at $400 that's probably not too bad. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-11          66040

Don't feel bad, I have advanced, severe CRS. You should see all the post it notes around my desk and counters! ;-) ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-13          66150

Don't feel bad boys as when you buy a TLB110 unit they also need to purchase the skid plate to keep from damaging the hydraulic lines under the tractor. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-13          66156

Why would we feel bad? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login