Go Bottom Go Bottom

View my Photos
zodiac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-07          65773

just recieved my 4410 with 430 loader,lx5 mower,65" box blade for 19,100. i'm located in east texas have 75 ac.
hoping its not to small. almost went with the 4610 but wanted the mid size chassis.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-07          65774

Congratulations on the new tractor and welcome to the board! Nice choice by the way. ;-) For most general up keep of your property, the 4410 should do a good job. It is still small enough for backwoods trails and tight spots yet large enough & enough hp to get most if not all jobs done. I have about 85 hours on mine so far and love it! ....

View my Photos
zodiac

2003-10-07          65775

nice pics. good to hear its good for tight spots. almost half of land is woods with some tight mowing. what is this about fluid in the tires. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-10-07          65778

Congratulation on a nice machine.
Looks like a good price too as compared to what I see in my area. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-07          65784

Welcome to the board! I'll chime in and congratulate you as well. Are you handing out cigars?

Your 4410 is the big brother to my 4310, and if you like yours as well as I like mine you'll be VERY happy. Be sure to post some pics when you can - we all love to see peoples toys and where they use them. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-08          65801

zodiac, you are gonna have to make the call on fluid filled tires or weights. I had my rear tires fluid filled with an anti-freeze type solution. Calcium chloride solution offers much more weight but is extremely corrosive and if you ever have a blow out the area the solution leaked onto will not grow a thing for years. Fluid filled tires are just a total royal pain the butt to change for flats or move around.

On the other hand tractor weights are a lot less hastle but extremely expensive unless you want to try the ez-weights. Mark has used them and I believe he has them on his 4115. After I looked at the high cost of weights, I went with fluid filled tires. Even now, I need extra ballast on the rear if I do any really heavy loader work. Look in your loader manual to see how much ballast weight is recommended and you will see what I am talking about.

If you are in a rough area and prone to frequent flats, fluid filled may not be the way to go. If not you may want to give it a try. My dealer fluid filled my tires as part of the loader sale and installation. You may want to ask them about that. I am sure some of the others on the board will give you their experiences with this. Just have to weigh the options and see which is best for you. ....

View my Photos
Tiger1

2003-11-08          68297

So how were you able to get this package for 19,100?

The JD website lists the 4410 with no options at 19,359. From what I've heard, you can only expect 5-8% discount. So with all the attachments, you either got a really great deal or I am missing something. ....

View my Photos
zodiac

2003-11-11          68479

seen it at the state fair. looked like a good deal. base machine 4410 4wd hydro w/430 loader and 65" box blade for 18,050 added lx5 for 1050 total 19,100 been very happy with it so far. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-08          70536

zodiac,

Have yu got your first 50 hours on the tractor yet and done the 50 hour break-in service? ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-08          70581

Since this came back to the top of the board, I would like to say congrat on the tractor and the good deal. I priced a 4115 W/ FEL and 60" MMM today and was qouted 19,800 w/ tax. ....

View my Photos
zodiac

2003-12-09          70669

no chief i've got 48 hrs. on it now. i figure i will do it this weekend. do i need to do anything special other than replacing the filters. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2003-12-11          70881

I put 200 hours on my new 4310 on 2 acres around my house this year. At 50 hours manual recommends oil/filter change and hydraulic fluid change. I went to JD dealer and one of the service techs told me (on the side) that hydraulic fluid change was not necessary at 50 hours. I changed oil and filter, hydraulic fluid filter at 50 hours - but plan to change hydraulic oil now since winter has set in. Service tech told me there used to be a problem with hydraulic fluid picking up fibers in past that clogged filters but that it's no longer a problem. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-11          70885

zodiac, you need to get a good quality beefy 1/2 drive torque wrench and sockets big enough for the bolt heads. Check frame and wheel bolts after the 1st hour of operation and every 4 hrs. afterwards until torques are stabilized to include the FEL if equipped.

The 50 hr. service is outlined and coverd in your owner's manual but basically you need to:

change engine oil & filter
change transmission oil & filter
clean & inspect transmission suction screen
change suction side filter
check alternator belt tension
check radiator hoses & clamps
check air filter hoses & clamps
check wheel bolt torque
check & set tire pressure
lubricate lower brake pivots
check for loose or missing hardware
check front axle oil level
clean rock shaft control valve filter (if so equipped)
check air restrictor indicator & replace primary filter if indicator is set

I would also HIGHLY recommend that you inspect the battery & area surrounding the battery paying special attention to check for corrosion or evidence of battery electrolyte leaking from the battery and being drawn into the transmission oil cooler and radiator. Mine does this occasionally after very long runs so I check and wash down that area after each use.

Don't cut corners on filters or oil. Buy good quality of both. The John Deere stuff is not that much more than what Walmart has. (at least my dealer gives me a great price) The 50 hr. service is the MOST important service your tractor will ever have and it pays to do it by the book. Some dealers will say there is no need to change the oil and it will look just like new coming out. Most times they are right.........right along with the metalic and other break-in particles that may or may not be there is varying sizes and quantity. A small amount is not unusual. The point being it is best to flush as much of that stuff out of there as possible as it can reak havoc with the hydraulics and ehydro transmission down the road if not removed. The filters should catch most if not all of the particles but not always.

If not already equipped and you live in an area where winters can get pretty cold; you might consider installing a block heater to aid the warm up and cold starts. They are threaded plugs on your engine.

That is pretty much it and take a look at your FEL operator's manual to be sure you get any lube/service requirements while you are at it. Get her started off right for the New Year and best wishes for the holidays! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login