Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-17          40464

the X595 diesel is very attractive but VERY EXPENSIVE. Does anyone have any experience with this or the gas 585 version?
The MSRP on the X595 is $12900 or so, with 54" deck and HDtires. And that's without rear PTO ($700), 3PtH ($450).

The diesel hp is 24, same as a 4115.
The 3PH specs are for only 450# lift.

Is this bauble capable of any hard work?

jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-18          40486

Makes a Kubota BX look like a major bargain! ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-21          40553

I friends brother has one to cut the lawn.
I guess I have two real questions about such a tractor.
1) If you want to do some work with it why would you want to purchase a tractor with cat 0, 3 pt. To do any work will require you to buy non standard size attachments. As with anything non-standard means you pay extra and have number of limited suppliers.
2) I have seen us make this mistake a number of times in out posts. Dimensions does not necessarily equal easy on the turf. A larger tractor can have a lower impact on the grass than a smaller one. Why? Because important factor is the ground pressure. My 2000 lb tractor has ~ 5 psi ground pressure when mowing. This little tractor has to be nearly the weight of mine, at least 1200 lb, maybe pushing 1500. The tires are much smaller therefore much higher psi on the turf. A garden tractor on steroids it actually is more harmful to my lawn. Sorry give me my 955. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
TCowner

2002-07-27          40715

I've had my X595 for about two months now and I am impressed. Granted, it is an expensive garden tractor but for me I didn't want the increased size of a compact utitlity tractor for mowing. The ROPS, even if it folds, is cumbersome around and under trees, planters, mail boxes, etc. I also have a NewHolland TC40D with a flail mower I use for the rough areas around my property. Perhaps if I didn't have the utility tractor I might want to use a smaller utility for the yard. The new X series tractors are priced within only about $200 more than the 400 series they replaced. The 4WD version (X500 series add a little over a $1000. Kubota offers a nice product for less money and they are obviously selling well. My dealer has sold 28 X400 and X500s since the end of April so their must be a market for them. THe X595 is a good choice for the customer looking for a premium garden tractor that will provide many years of service. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-07-27          40743

TC: thanks for your comments. i ordered a 595 because the dealer gave me a good package deal, including tradeins of 3 implements. my biggest concern is what Peters mentioned -- the limited capacity of the 3ph which will require using the special scaled-down JD implements ($$$).
jim ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
TCowner

2002-07-28          40753

Jim, Deere is calling the hitch a limited category 1 three point hitch. As I understand the difference, the attaching points are the same but the smaller tractor can't lift the implement high enough to meet the SAE definition of a category 1 hitch. I believe you can use standard category 1 implements such as smaller box blades, sprayers, etc, but you will be limited buy the weight lifting capacity of the three point as well as the range of lift. I doubt you can use a post hole auger or a rotary cutter. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Peters

2002-07-28          40756

I am sorry if worried you. JD has eliminated the #55 series. These were all hydro 4x machines of smaller dimensions. I was not sure about my tractor when I bought it but am impressed with the machnine now.
I know that one of our members traded his 955 this year for a 4#10 and now regrets it due to the size. The 4110 is similar but does not have the power the 955 has.
The 955 is less than 2000 lb and has 28 PTO hp. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-07-28          40767

Reference down sized implements: Gearmore has a line of scaled down 3pt. stuff designed for the little orange tractors. Last time I checked they still didn't list the stuff on their web site so you would have to contact them directly, and their list prices are cheaper then Deere. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-07-28          40773

Peters:
I had a 755, then a 955. loved that 955. I got into a bigger is better mentality, so traded to a 1070. then switched to a 4700. each of the above has given me its own special satisfaction, but the 955 was the best. the 1070 was a mismatch to what i needed. it wasn't a good mower for one thing.
the 4700 gave me the hydro/HP combo I wanted and it fits my big job needs, but it doesn't excite me. i'm getting the 595 to backfill what a bigger compact isn't "petite" enough for. we'll see how it handles attachments (i'm planning on an aerator, blade or box blade, either a snowblower or a front broom.
jim ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
pdavepennell

2003-02-02          48554

I am currently considering this tractor or the smaller X485AWS. the Diesel is quite a bit more $, about 2k. My Spec sheets say The 3pt hitch is a category 1 not the category 0, however it is limited by the amount of impliment weight it can handle. Myself I dont see this as a issue if the largest category 1 implements were needed I would go with either the new 2210 series and if I really had my way I'd be in the 4410 series. I looked long and hard at the 4410 last fall but finally decided it was just way too much for me to haul around. My lot is 90 x 130 or about 1/4 acre with a large ranch and a lot of landscapeing. I have been useing a push mower and it takes me about 1.5 hours to mow. I have a hunting property about 4 hours north of my home and I plan on tilling about 1.5 acres twice a year. This tractor seems a good blend of really nice features like the 3pt and rear pto.I am hopefull that the aws will be more gentle on my lawn Vs. the 4wd. I would use the 48c deck with blower and collection system at home. It does seem a very pricy garden tractor though and if I had more lawn I would certainly go with the 2210 as it is actually less $ for more tractor. I also show the x5954wd weighing in at 1095# Vs the 485aws at 890#. ....

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
sergeant

2003-02-04          48675

Have you considered a JD 2210 23hp liquid-cooled diesel that has 4wd, mid and rear pto and limited Cat 1 and Rops standard.Starting price $10,200. 54 or 62inch mid mowing deck, 4ft rottary cutter and 620lb lift capacity loader. In the long run it is a better deal than the X500 series. ....

Link:   

Click Here

JD-X595 Anyone using one

View my Photos
jd2210

2003-02-06          48797

The X-500 series are extremely nice and I loved the X585 for it was clearly the finest Garden Tractors, I ever owned; however, the overall value coupled with my desire to need some loader work plus tiller (got to purchase 3-point and PTO-extra) pushed me towards the 2210. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login