Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Keith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-09          16126

Just got a quote from local Deere dealer for 4300 4wd, R4s, loader,rotary cutter, box blade, tiller, landscape rake w/o hydro 22,000 +tax, 22800 w/hydro. Any comments, trying to decide between Massey,Deere, and NH. Massey and Deere dealer very cooperative, but have yet to hear from NH. Left 2 messages and no return. Buying in 3-4 weeks before summer rains hits here FL to improve pastures. Any comments and suggestions would be helpful.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Jack in IL

2000-05-09          16131

Go Hydro--you won't be sorry for the extra $. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-05-10          16136

As Jack said, go for the hydro! ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Ron Jankavs

2000-06-22          17415

Keith: One thing that I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. When someone wants an opinion about the price of Tractor, why would you include the scaper blade, plow, bushhog ( brand & size can make a huge difference in price) When I posted what I paid for my 4400HST, I seperated the price of the loader, backhoe, and didn't mention my potato fork. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-06-22          17418

DITTO the hydro!
When I was pricing just the basic tractor I would always start right there, with just the tractor. When the dealer was done with that then I would get the attachment prices. Doing that would force the dealer to show a line item FOR each item. Some would give you the "out the door" price in one figure. What I did find interesting was the mower decks (and other attachments) quoted me from JD. The tractors were all within about $400 but the decks varied about 40% from dealer to dealer. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Keith

2000-06-23          17434

Thanks for the replies! I was trying to comparing "package" comparisons. I ended up getting a NH29D not only on price, but mainly on dealer support and cooperation. The Deere dealer had the opinion that there was no other tractor on the market?! I understand a barnd loyalty, but he never offered to bring a unit to test and tried the old Ive only got 1 left so you better hurry. The NH dealer was very understanding, helpful and even brought a unit for me to try first before I purchase to let his product do the talking. The Kubota dealer was forcing his product down my throat! I advised him my price range and he exceeded it by over 5K!! He also gave me a unit to try (one way over the size he quoted), but I am VERY happy with my NH 29D and I/m sure I would have been happy with a 4300 but the dealer bought ny business asd I have read all to often on this board. Thanks for all your help!! ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-06-23          17435

Keith, I'm a little partial to Kubota myself, but my cousin has a TC29D; darned nice tractor. From what you say about the dealers, it sounds like you made a good decision. Enjoy it! ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-06-24          17447

Glad you like your tractor! My own opinion is that there just aren't any poor tractors among the major brands right now. Whatever brand you get you won't ever regret going with the dealer that treats you right. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Ries Halbauer

2001-05-01          27626

Ron,
In the last two months of dealing with every dealer in my area, I found that the way they are competing against each other is package buys. Of coarse if a person only needs a tractor then idealy you would want the best price. In my case I needed implements so I found it best to negotiate a package buy vs. searching for used pieces one at a time. Some dealers are willing to sale implements close to cost just to sale a tractor and gain a new client (service). I suppose it only really matters what ones needs are. The market in my area has a lot of dealers for all brands, thus competition is up and this filters from more families buying acres and needing a piece of equipment that can handle the load. Unfortunately we all have to go through the trouble of trying to get a good deal and as some one said in another thread - he based it on the service/dealer because he felt he was being treated well. I have to agree with that as well - I could have saved $1,500 by going else where, but I liked the ower of the dealership and I felt he was honest and shooting me straight. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-05-02          27644

The price I recently was quoted happened to be for a JD 4400 Hdryo with FEL and no other implements. that price was $21,400 I would have to say that Keith's package price is a very good one. If I read Keith's post the way it is worded, I don't see him asking for an opinion on just a tractor price. I see him asking for an opinion on the Package price. Keith, I know your original post was made almost a year ago so I am sure by now you got you tractor. If you read this let us know what you decided on and how things are going. Mark ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
JeffM

2001-05-03          27706

Mark, your quote on a 4400HST with 430 loader for $21,400 sounds a little high to me compared to prices in my area, but it depends on how many extras are on the machine. I figure a good, yet fair, price in my area for a 4400HST with R4s, 430 loader, 60"HD bucket, DSCV, and not much else to be about $19,500 - $20,500. If you add folding ROPS, turf tires, mid PTO, 3rd SCV, and power beyond, then add about $1000. Maybe it's just that JDs (and compacts in general) are priced more competitively in northeast NY, but I think these prices generally are in line with some other areas of the country. ....

John Deere Price

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-05-03          27720

JeffM, I have to agree with you, I thought it was a little high to. I received that price from a New Hampshire dealer via the Internet, he was probably a 2 hour drive from me in traffic. I wound up buying a 1988 JD 950 MFWD T/L/B (my first compact) for $11,500 from my local JD dealer who is maybe fifteen minutes away. It was a nice clean machine who's owners I knew. It will work beautifully for me until I pay it off and then trade it in on something newer. Mark ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login