Go Bottom Go Bottom

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Lwayne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-24          146019

I stopped at my dealer this morning to order an 84" Frontier loader blade and the necessities to run hoses off the rear scv to operate the power angle. He told me there isn't much wiggle room so I signed off at about $2250. He's always been fair before. Does this sound reasonable to the rest of you wheeler dealers?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-25          146065

Compared to a truck snow plow... sounds about right.

Did you get a V-plow? I had a Boss-brand on my trucks whichmade it really slick for blasting through frozen drifts or moving about 3 cubic yards of snow at a time. That 8'-2" Boss V-plow list priced at about $5200, I paid $4200 installed myself ($300 value), used it three years, and sold only the plow (no elctricals,m no controller, and no truck-side mount) for $2500. And the the guy was thrilled to get it for that price---he drove 1400 miles round trip to get it. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-25          146066

Jeff, your plow sounds a bit on the high side, I put the bigger one, a 9.5' Western Pro-V on one of my trucks.

In the fall of 2005 I paid $5,200 Canadian installed (so at about US$0.85) or US$4,420 for it.

Best of luck. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-25          146067

Yeah but I upgraded to locking backdrag blade cylinders, factory snow deflector, RapidTach-3, and joystick control. And besides it's a BOSS, buddy! ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-25          146069

Murf ya got me---I borrowed $4200 but paid $3800 plus 6% tax. There. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Lwayne

2007-09-25          146079

earthworks: no V-plow. Just an 84" straight blade with 30 degree hydraulic angling to replace the bucket for pushing and plowing. It's built for the 300cx, 400 and 500 series JD loaders so it should be fairly stout for my purposes (a 400cx). I couldn't justify any more ammenities; it's just for our shop work. My son is complaining about having to negotiate around too many toys now! I also have a box blade (that'll do a quick job of picking up the spillage) and a 74" three point blower for heavy snowfalls. He never complains about the fork lift attachment though. That's the one that saves his back. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-25          146080

The boy is COMPLAINING about the toys? errrr? What are ya teachin' that bo'? Doesn't know that last one with the most toys wins?

You can never have too many toys. Or was that tools? Hmmm--- same thing to me. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-03-12          152096

Lwayne ,
Wondering how you ever made out with your 7ft plow???
Did it meet all your hopes and work the way you expected?
E ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Lwayne

2008-03-12          152108

NorthernMainer: Thanks for your interest. Yes, I have to say it was a great way to go. So far this winter I haven't used my blower once. The plow and the box blade are slick when you only get small amounts of snow. Just angle plow it to the side of the parking lot then watch that baby pile snow! One thing, though, it's easy to overlook the fact that they're not made like a bulldozer. You have to be careful around solid objects (such as a neighbor's tree stump cut off even with the ground and covered with snow). The blade has springs but I had the frame tilted too low. A machine shop was able to bend it back into shape - no permanent harm done. That's one time I should have been wearing my seatbelt. I think this summer I'm going to have a 2" x 4' pipe slit 1/4" lengthwise, then slide it on and weld it to the lower frame so as to solve that particular problem. Thanks again for the note.

LW ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-12          152109

LWayne; Not to be a nitpicker but, if you already have a rear blower and a FEL on the same tractor why in the world would you even want a front blade? You already have the Cadillac of snow removal equipment. Frank. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Lwayne

2008-03-12          152116

Hardwood: Unless we get a bad blizzard, which seemingly doesn't happen much anymore, I don't like the blower. I have the box blade mounted 98% of the time. The blower is too bulky in tight quarters. Unless you have open space you end up blowing snow and rocks all over cars, trucks, buildings, etc. Granted, in two or three feet of snow it's the cat's meow. Then you have to move all of those vehicles anyway to clean properly. As for the bucket, I use it more in the summer. Of course many people use them to push snow, but they're not as handy as a plow for my purposes. I can "reach in" with the plow because it sits well ahead of the loader (low clearance) and pull back. Then there's the angling ability, which allows end to end plowing without windrows. When I first got it several people asked me the same question, but those who've seen it in action seem to agree it has a definite upside. Incidentally, I didn't notice the picture of NorthernMainers outfit until after my reply to him. If you're reading, NM, how does your plow work on the JD?

LW ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-03-13          152120

Lwayne,
Sounds like you are getting things all sorted out and after bracing up any weak areas you will be all ready for next season! Sure glad it all worked out for you . Just for fun we posted a short video on Youtube of a 32hp JD pushing a couple of feet of snow with a 90" plow as we had quite a few guys question the fact that when you get that much snow in front of the blade alot of the "homegrown plow set ups" want to go sideways and they complain about not being able to stay straight. If you want to watch for fun log onto youtube and just type in "John Deere with Fisher Plow" and see if you think it has any problem staying straight! Demand for the adaptors has surprised us and we have the Kabota in the CAD program now getting some prints ready so we can have them online shortly, I think that it is going to be a big hit as well. I had a fella show up here yesterday that lives about 80 miles from me, that bought a new L3400 last fall and was looking at a Curtis Plow at the dealership he purchased from, but didnt have the extra dough ray me to get it. He heard about us from a trucker, that saw me plowing with the tractor. Anyway he looked it all over and asked if he could "demo" it, so I let him go down back of the shop, and play with the JD [should have gotten a picture of him on a green machine!] and he came back in about 5 mins and said he loved it, and wants an adaptor. He couldnt imagine the traction, but I assured him that if he would get his rears tires filled with rimguard, and then buy a set of tire chains for his front wheels, his Kabota will do the exact same thing.
Good Luck with your "new toy"
Earle ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-03-13          152127

LWayne; I do understand where you're coming from on the danger to property from the chute pointing at breakable things. For years before we retired from the farm I had a 100 HP tractor with an eight foot blower on the back and a Westendorf loader with an eight foot snow bucket on the front, absolute cat's meow, but be real carefull which way the chute is pointed. Right now I have a FEL and a box blade on the back of the Baby Deere, (4310). I was so spoiled by the blower on the farm tractor that I was determined to get a five foot blower for the little Deere. BUT, at 3,500. bucks, I decided to hire the neighbor with his big blower for a hundred bucks a winter, I may have to give him a bonus for this winter, he was there somtimes twice a week. Frank. ....

New 7 Frontier Blade

View my Photos
Trippy

2009-04-11          161944

That price sounds about right. You might have found a used one for a little cheaper. They pop up from time to time, but you have to be waiting for it. I picked up a used JD 84" snow blade that goes on a skid steer. It is like new for less then half price. I will modify it for my 522 loader. It was a price to good to pass up and welding on the quick connect parts is easy. Just have to keep your eyes on the prize for when a good deal comes up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login