Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
Auggie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-27          55737

For a second tractor to mostly beat around with doing loader work, moving snow and hauling, what's a better deal? A new 20 hp Jinma or a reconditioned Yanmar 1610? The Yanmar's prices is a bit less -- $7,500 vs $8,500. Or do they both stink and I should save up for one of the big 3?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-28          55786

Someone asked the same sort of question a while back and I don't remember who, but someone came up with an interesting analogy.

They said that it would be better to invest in a used Toyota than a new Yugo. I suspect that might be the case in your situation. ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-05-28          55787

Yanmar is one of the big 3. Well sort of, JD's are made by Yanmar.

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56145

The Yanmar tractors are a better built tractor than the Chianese. Here is my standard reply on the Vietnamese reconditioned tractors. "These tractors are usually the poorest quality tractors available in Japan. They are shipped to Viet Nam & "reconditioned". To the Orientals reconditioning usually means a paint job. I really question if they are thoroughly reconditioned. Probably enough is done to sell them . Most have either new hour meters or they are turned to 0. Many times these tractors have a warranty, but if you have a problem after the warranty period, it is your tough luck.They are purchased cheap enough in Japan that they can afford to take some back. They can usually get their money out of them at a auction. There are some very unscrupulous people selling these tractors. There are some very honest , uninformed people also selling them. I have heard some real horror stories from dealers that have purchased them for resell & from retail purchasers. One dealer purchased a load of them & the fwd axles were full of mud. Like anything if the price is low enough they may be a good buy, but usually they are more than a better quality tractor with original paint." I'd recommend a good quality Yanmar over the others. Because of variance in quality of reconditioned tractors it is hard to say which would be better. ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
dannygw

2003-06-04          56654

NorthernTool.com has the Jenma/Nortrac 20hp, 3 cyl, 4wd compact tractor for $5299.99 or 6 interest free payments of $884. Go to http://www.northerntool.com and search for Nortrac. dannygw ....

Link:   

Click Here

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
MikeS

2003-06-06          56986

Jinmas are not Yugos and usually the most negative comments are from people that have never even seen one. I've owned Kubotas, Fords, Belarus, and Jinmas. Jinma tractors are the best tractor for the money on the market today. Keep an eye out for the Jinma tractor and see if does'nt become one of the best sellers in the USA. ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
Horseman

2003-06-08          57132

I just got some info on the Jinma today off the web. Anyone have a feel for whether the Q18 is big enough to handle life on a 10 horse farm? ie hay,shavings,manure etc? How about the kubota Bx1500 or Bx1800? ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
Dave B.

2003-12-21          71814

A better price than a lot of dealers is emerybuilt.com
Check with Gary there and you'll be well satisfied. Good deals plus great support. ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
R Beck

2003-12-29          72632

I own a Nortrac 204C (Jinma) it is a 20 HP 3cyl 4x4 and I am very happy with it. ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
greg_g

2003-12-31          72804

I own both, a JM254 and a YM240. I'd never ever consider that much money for a 19hp grey market 2wd. An American version Yanmar would make the decision harder, but I'd take a new Jinma any day over the same size grey market Yanmar.

//greg// ....

Yanmar 1610 Vs Jinma

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-01-04          73038

I know this post is old, but thought I'd offer a couple of comments. Chinese tractors are not reconditioned in Viet Nam but some of the grays are, (yanmar is a gray). Being Japanese the grays are probably built to closer tolerance and therefore considered to be of higher quality than Chinese tractors (at least when they were new). The Chinese tractors that are becomming so popular, are typically sold new. The importers have access to parts usually directly from the factory. The grays are hindered somewhat in this regard as contracts with various "US Brands" prevent the facotry support of the gray market tractors. I agree with lsheaffer that the quality of reconditioning of grays can be questionable. Also they usually lack customary safety equipment (ROPS and PTO shields, etc.) The advantage the Chinese offer in the same price category is a new tractor with uninhibited availability of spares (usually at very reasonable cost). We looked at selling grey market and decided on the Chinese. Weve had good success so far. As posts from users will show, they are a decent product at a great price. Just my 2 cents! ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login