Go Bottom Go Bottom

dash

View my Photos
intheground
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-26          154843

I have a jima 284 that I just assembled and on the dash there is a green light next to the hand throtle. It doesn't seem to do anything but when I assembled the dash I had a couple of wires that I did't know where they go. can anyone help ? What is the green light for and any idea on the 2 wires. (2 single wires with white clips on the end)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

dash

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-29          154927

It always amuses me when posters use only one word in the title. Is that suppose to pique my interest? Nay. ....

dash

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-29          154929

Jinma has had several "dash" arrangements over the years. Given the info you've provided so far, I don't expect many helpful responses will be forthcoming.

So;
Does your Jinma have individual (round) gauges - a rectangular instrument cluster - or the new style oval cluster?
Are there any numbered labels on the wires?
Have you consulted the wiring diagram in your operations and maintenance manual? (there's one in the parts manual too).
You said there are white connectors on one end of those two wires. What's on the other end?
And have you considered that the seemingly inoperative green light might be related to the pair of disconnected wires?

//greg// ....

dash

View my Photos
intheground

2008-06-30          154950

well earthwrks, I guess it did work. Must have "piqued" yor intrest you read it, also glad I could bring a smile to your day although it wasn't my intent. I'm new at this
and never claimed to be the expert you must be. Must be tough being you. Boy, you really showed me. (wow) ....

dash

View my Photos
intheground

2008-06-30          154951

Thanks greg for your reply. sorry for the lack of info will try to be more informative in the future as I am very new to this. the tractor is an o8 284 that I bought as a crate. it has the new style gauges and digital hour meter. The green light I refer to is seperate from the cluster and is about 3/8" round and stands about 3/4" high. It is located just under the hand throtle. I have looked at both wire diagrams and can not come up with the answer for the light or the 2 wires, that is why I need some help. As for the wires they originate somewhere inside the plastic tube under the dash and I have no idea where they go from there. I can't find any place where they would seem to plug in. All the other wires came pre labeled aa bb etc.. and all the lights and gauges work fine. I do suspect that those wires have something to do with it but, I will leave that to you experts. ....

dash

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-30          154952

intheground,

Greg is your Jimma person. There is one or two more here but EW is not one of them, neither am I. BTW, you held your own right good. :)kt ....

dash

View my Photos
intheground

2008-06-30          154954

thanks for that kt. nice to see there are still some decent people around!! but we need to cut erthw some slack
because it must be tough living up to his own expectations in his mind. Have a great day. ....

dash

View my Photos
greg_g

2008-06-30          154956

I know OF the new (oval) style instrument cluster, but I've never actually SEEN one yet. There are several wires of that color behind mine (rectangular style), so that doesn't help. Are there any gauges/lights in the cluster that don't work?

Short of that, I suspect the answer to at least one - possibly both - of your questions lies in tracing those two unconnected wires to their point of origin. How hard would it be to pop that cluster outa the dash? You may find those wires come with it. If not, the resulting hole in the dash should give you a look at what's behind the green lens

//greg// ....

dash

View my Photos
intheground

2008-06-30          154957

from what I know they are all working. the unit itself is all one with gas gauge and temp on one side and rpms on the other with some idiot lights in the top middle and hour meter bottom middle.,however the geen light is seperate from that with the wires from that and the ones hanging getting lost in the wire harness. not to hard to pop out 3 wing nuts. guess I will have to. if I can't fiqure it out will try to contact factory or have someone look at it. ....

dash

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-06-30          154965

Maybe you can't assume that because some wires aren't connected and a light exists that they are necessarily used on your model. All kinds of stuff has extra wires, connectors, and lights that aren't used. They might use the same harness on a couple of different models for example. ....

dash

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-30          154973

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheground | view 154954
thanks for that kt. nice to see there are still some decent people around!! but we need to cut erthw some slackbecause it must be tough living up to his own expectations in his mind. Have a great day.

Ole EW is not as bad as you may think. I kind of like the "old" boy. kt ....

dash

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-06-30          154982

intheground it sounds like you're type that would like to go grille-to-grille on this one...so, like Kenny T. would say, "Lemme learn ya, ol' boy"

You're new here so I'll bring you up to speed...I'm only verbalizing what others have thought, and later agreed with in that past posts about annoying one- two-word posts.

Yes, annoying.

Ahhh yes, but lean closer, curious grasshoppa...errr listener :) (jis' trying to lighten the mood a bit--humor me)

We have what I call "hit-and-run" (H-N-R) posters. This is where someone needs (nay, DEMANDS) info RIGHT NOW and ends up not wanting to take the time to leave a thought-out post. Read: You want good responses, then leave a good post.

This board is for having an enjoyable yet informative visit. We like to think of it as sitting around the camp fire having a talk, 'cept there's no fire and no camp.

We don't get paid for giving (sometimes) priceless pearls of information---I'm still on-the-fence about Kenny's input though---hug, Kenny?

Many of us have spent many a sleepless night, many a busted knuckle, many a broken part, many a dollar up in smoke getting to get where we can literally give good reliable, tested-true information to help someone else--for free--nonetheless.

The other end of the spectrum is, these same H-N-R's have had many of us take quality time out of our day to respond to their post, only they themselves never get back to us.

I have seen a few times where the H-N-R actually gets nasty because no one responded to his crappy post.

It boils down to courtesy.

By the way, (right hand outstretched) nice to meet you. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login