Go Bottom Go Bottom

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-25          110325

I HAVE A 284 JINMA FUEL INJECTOR IS NOT PUMPING FUEL UP TO THE CYL'S. HAS A NEW FILTER AND CLEAN FUEL. INJECTOR MODEL IS T7B WITH GOV. ANY IDEAS HOW TO FIX?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-25          110333

Insufficient info. New tractor? Ever been started? If so, how long did it run before it quit? Under what circumstances did it quit running - out of fuel? Have you tried priming the fuel system?

//greg// ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-25          110338

greg,
tractor is 2 years old. ran great. good fuel good filter. fisished mowind lawn , turded it off and went to start it the next day. it started ond then shut off anyhow after doing some investigating found out pump was not putting out fuel under any presure. do you think pump went bad? ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-25          110339

Which pump - fuel or injection? It's important to know if the fuel pump is not delivering to the injection pump, or if the injection pump is not delivering to the injectors.

Also, you stated "NEW FILTER". Did you reprime the fuel system after changing the filter? Being a closed loop, it can't prime itself.

//greg// ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-25          110340

greg thanks again for your reply'
its the injector pump. yes the system is fully primed. the fuel pump works great.i have also tried by passing the filter all together. the injector pump wont even pump fuel up the lines to the injectors. could the pump itself be bad?
could the fuel shutoff valve be broken?have also blead all air out of the system. ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-04-25          110342

If you're trying to get the hand primer to pump fuel up to the injectors, it won't work. It's only good as far as the end of the flexible fuel lines - which is the input to the injection pump. Once you confirm that your fuel pump is delivering to the injection pump, you have to make sure you have no air blockage in the hard lines (the steel ones between the inj pump and the injectors.)

Loosen the compression nuts at the top of the steel fuel lines. Then crank the engine. If there's air in the lines, you should get bubbles in maybe 30 seconds of cranking. When the bubbles change to fuel, tighten down the compression nuts. End of priming, tractor "should" start.

//greg// ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-26          110382

GREG;
TRIED THIS METHOD AND GOT NOTHING BUT BUBBLES FOR OVER 5 MIN OF CRANKING OUT OF CIL # 1 GOT NOTHING OUT OF #2 & 3 DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ORDER A NEW INJECTOT PUMP ? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TRY NEXT. CAN YOU TELL ME HOH TO TIME A NEW INJECTOR PUMP ? ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-04-26          110388

Might need a pump, might just need a drive gear, might just need cleaning. Remove the hard lines completely, so that you can see what's happening at the three injector pump ports - when you crank. If there are no visible problems (blockage, broken parts) AND still no fuel flow, pull the front cover and see what the drive gear looks like. It's an easier job if you remove the radiator first. I know that you said the fuel pump is delivering fuel to the injection pump, so that SHOULD mean the drive gear is ok. But you still should look to make sure.

//greg// ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
affordable

2005-04-27          110416

Do as Greg has suggested ,if you have no fuel coming out of the pump you will have to replace it.We have the pumps in stock,while they are not hard to replace,timing is alot more sensitive and we can walk you thru that.Let us know how it goes

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Link:   WEBSITE

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-04-29          110519

James,
The sediment bowl has sometimes been a source for air to enter the system, especially if the screen above it inside the tank is plugged. remove the line from the bottom of the lift (hand plunger) pump and open the valve, you may notice that fuel runs more freely at a position other than what is indicated at open. while you have this line off, check for the thimble screen and be srue it is clean.

Also be sure your injecto pump has oil in it. you fill the pump with 10w oil at the top rear of the pump unitl it comes out the fitting at the front bottom that comes with a little plastic cap over it, remove the cap for this test.

Sometimes these simple things can save more "invasive" surgery, not that I am trying to mess up my friend Tommy's sale of a new pump, but only if you really need it.

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
affordable

2005-04-30          110523

Chip ,we are all on here to try and help each other with questions,problems,ect.I have learned a few things myself on this board.You know that I only want to sell a injector pump if he needs it,hopefully he does not.I appreciate all the input from you,JohnS,Greg_g .Greg_g is a wealth of information and is normally "Johnny on the Spot" answering alot of questions,we have a buisness to run and sometimes don't have the time to reply,good job Greg_g thanks for your help.So don't ever worry about messing up a sale for me,lets just try to get the tractor going for him.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-30          110527

GREG,TOMMY,
HAVE GOT A NEW PUMP COMING IN NEXT WEEK. SHOULD BE HERE ON MONDAY.I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES AFTER IT IS INSTALLED.THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-30          110530

TOMMY,
I ORDERED A NEW PUMP FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT MY TRACTOR FROM. HE SAID HE HAS NEVER HED AN INJECTOR PUMP GO BAD BEFORE. THEREFORE HE IS SELLING IT TO ME AT HIS COST. HOWEVER I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND FOR ANY FUTURE PART SALES I MAY NEED.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP! ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-30          110531

GREG,
I COULD STILL USE MORE INFO ON THE BEST WAY TO GET SET UP FOR REMOVING AND INSTALLING THE INJECTOR PUMP IN SO FAR AS THE TIMING OF THE PUMP. WHAT IS YHE BEST PROCEDURE FOR DOING THIS? TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD DO IT. I HAVE NOT TAKIN THE OLD PUMP OFF YET AND WILL NOT DO SO UNTIL THE NEW ONE ARRIVES. ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-04-30          110534

http://johnstractor.homestead.com/InjPumpInstall.html probably says it better than I could

//greg// ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-04-30          110540

GREG,
YOUR A LIFE SAVER. JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. WILL LET YOU KNOW NEXT WEEK HOW IT GOES. THANKS AGAIN ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
JAMESC1212

2005-05-07          110806

GREG,
PUMP DID NOT ARRIVE TILL FRIDAY. IT TOOK 2 HOURS TO REMOVE THE OLD ONE AND INSTALL NEW ONE. BINGO IT FIRED RIGHT UP. IT TOOK A FEW MIN. MORE TO ROTATE THE PUMP AND GET THE TIMING JUST RIGHT. CANT WAITE TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD ONE. ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
jinma99

2006-08-16          133403

I have 2-year-old Jinma 284 (with Y-385 engine) and bought a new injector pump because old one kacked it. How do I set timing when installing a new injector pump, please? ....

INJECTOR PROBLEMS

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-08-17          133413

As stated above, http://johnstractor.homestead.com/InjPumpInstall.html should identify the procedures for you. However, my manuals says the Y385T should be at 14 BTDC for appropriate pump timing. 18 degrees probably works, but the manual specifies 14

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login