Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-14          61856

Hey Murf,

I took a look at that monster on the Ferris web site. Man! Is that a nice ZTR! 31.5 hp catarpillar diesel and all independent suspension including the mower. I will have to think on that one. You have to be cuttin' some serious grass to justify that baby! The link below has them for $16,999 Nice machine.

Link:   Link to 5000Z Pricing.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-15          61882

Chief, I think we need to talk on this one. I could offer a factory tour if you'd take the time to come out! ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-15          61892

Must be my CRS again. I was thinking we talked about the Pro Cut series. I would love to get a factory tour! I may just take you up on that. Last time I got a factory tour I did not want to leave. I had the good fortune to be a friend of a guy who knew Dieter Krieghoff. He gave us a guided tour of the Krieghoff gun factory in Neu Ulm, Germany when I was stationed there. Somebody told me that the Catarpillar diesel in the 5000Z is a Perkins diesel. I believe Catarpillar bought Perkins didn't they. They make a good diesel too. The suspension on those units is nice. Very PRICEY though. If they last as long as Murf says, probably worth it. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-15          61893

You are right about Cat and Perkins. I think it is a good match as that Cat didn't have a structural engine block before and Perkins has built them for years with good success. We were their first dealer so I can tell you alot about them. The tour you would enjoy but I think the gun factory would be nice to so we might have to hit Remington Arms in Illion which is about 30 minutes from here before you leave the area. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-15          61895

Must save you big bucks on shipping costs to be so close to the factory. Do you go pick the units up yourself? ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-15          61897

Chief, I don't normally get to do that but the people there know me well. I haven't gotten any royalty checks from them but Jeff Ferris, Roy Dust,my old Scag rep and I were at lunch one daywhen I brought it up that Ferris should be building something like this. Dusty borrowed my spring shipment and away we go! ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74158

I think its bullet proof. You wear out two or three machines before the engine even needs to be rebuilt. I use to have a ferris Hydrowalk SD. Great machine, but i wanted a full hydro. I rank ferris as idustral machines not commerical.
The best mowers in order: Ferris, (Grasshopper, Wright, eXmark, huster)tie, scag, bobcat, howard price, dixiechopper

will have problems>walker(maintain nightmare),
toro, bunton, snapper, encore,

junk>John Deere, husqvarna, gaintvac, yazhoo/kees, great dane, gravely, ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74160

Green, how many John Deere 757's or 777's have you owned or operated or tried out? ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74164

chief i am talking about ZTRs and Walkbehines. The new John Deere stuff is junk. I tried them. Some of my employees could bend them in half. I got some demo guys that will not even come to my house anymore. I sent a toro back with the left front caster axel broken. A scag with a cracked counter weight. A dixie chopper with a bend rear frame. I beat the sh-- out of stuff before i buy it. Cause i know how my guys run stuff. My Stander i crush the side of the deck in. Wright is sending me a new deck for free. Because they couldn't belive i broke my deck. When i started out, i had a bunton bullet. It fell apart on me in two weeks. I am never going to do that again, i really test the equipment. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74170

The John Deere 757 and 777 are ZTR's. If your employees can bend a 7 Iron cutting deck in half; they can destroy ANYTHING out there. The 7 Iron mowers are the strongest and heaviest built mower decks in the industry made of 7 gauge stamped out 1 piece steel. If you employees tear up equipment like that; might be a good time to replace them with employees that respect and take care of the equipment. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-16          74172

Green, I have to ask....

Are any of your landscaping employees volunteers with the Fire Deptartment also?

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74174

Murf!!!! You beat me to it buddy!!!!!!!! I am on a slow dial up access. Great minds think alike!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! ;o) ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74176

Murf no they are not. I am also not just talking about a the mower deck, but the rest of the machine. But while were on the deck if you look at the front opening of the wright stander. There is a 2" by 1/2" thick piece of steel the reinforces the opening. I don't know what the deere has. The steel that holds the front antiscalp is 3/8" Thick, while the deere is 1/4". The deck warrenty on a deere is two years, the wright is lifetime.

The Wright factor is about 20 miles from my house. I have talked to Bill Wright and Jim Velke. The guys who designed it. I have seen the entire production of the machines. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-16          74177

Speaking of humour, I can't believe you let me away with the 'hat' comment in the "tiller" thread there Chief....

ROFLMAO. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Murf

2004-01-16          74179

Green, it sounds like you need either some new employees or a re-training session for the ones you have. There is no reason for beating up equipment like that in the normal course of turf maintenance.

Best of luck. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74181

what the heck is "ROFLMAO" Rapid Over Fishing Lake Minnos and ostriges ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-16          74185

ROTFLMAO = Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-01-16          74191

ok thats a new one like a BFH big f---ing hammer, if a BFH can't fix it a VBFH can, a very big f---ing hammer. ....

Ferris IS 5000Z

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-16          74223

Murf, I must have been sleeping and missed that one! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login