Go Bottom Go Bottom

What is a good buy good model to choose from

View my Photos
tpulley
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-04-17          178019

I am thinking I am going to get a finishing mower for my Kitoi 45. I think I am gonna need a 6 ft. I have about 1.5 -2 acres of grass to mow. Hard to tell as it has a lot of fruit vines and trees on it. I need to get in between the rows there which are 9 ft min between them.

I have seen one at Agri supply that range from $1100 - $1900. I am wondering if there is that much difference in quality? Their higher end product is a king kutter, which has good reviews.

Any feed back is appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-17          178020

That six footer is a Caroni (Italian), light duty. You might want to consider a seven foot First Choice GM35-84. Click link below. If you compare weights on that chart, you can see the 84 incher is a lot sturdier that its smaller stablemates. Pretty sure First Choice is Italian too, although I forget the name of the parent company.

//greg//

Link:   seven footer

View my Photos
tpulley

2011-04-18          178026

I didn't see an adjust ment nor the range of adjustment. It looks like a sturdy mower though. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-04-18          178027

Presumably you mean cutting height; from 1” 1/2 to 4” 1/2. It's set by adding/removing bushings on the four vertical spindles.Dead simple; just lift the mower slightly to take the weight off the tires, pull the retainer clip out of the spindle, add/remove bushings to set cutting height, repeat at the other 3 spindles, lower mower, start mowing

//greg// ....

View my Photos
tpulley

2011-04-18          178035

Yes cutting height. YEs I would say simple enough...

Thanks ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-04-18          178039

The rear discharge to me would be nice that way you can trim with either side. The side shut can be longer than you think. Have a friend who ran a 8 foot Caroni for several years and was really pleased with it. It was all yard of near two acres. Agri Supply have for me stood behind their products great. You are aware the finish mowers is just an over grown lawn mower deck for lawn type cutting and not rough ground. Not trying to imply you are not aware but wanted to be sure. ....

View my Photos
tpulley

2011-04-18          178041

Yes I am aware. I need something that will be replacing a 50" zero turn that takes all day to cut and will be needing repairs soon. I think I like the rear discharge idea. I am wondering if I could put a belly mower on the Kioti or if they make such a critter. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2011-04-19          178048

Isn't a Kioti 45 tractor a bit large to mow just 1 1/2-2 Acres, particularly between trees, shrubs and vines? A 50" zero turn should be able to mow that size in only a couple of hours rather than take all day. Do you mow it regularly or leave it grow real long, such that mowing is more difficult? My suggestion would be to get a zero turn with 60" or 72" deck. A bell mower requires a mid-pto which is usually an option. ....

View my Photos
tpulley

2011-04-20          178063

The area I need to mow is around a pond, in between rows of grapes and around fruit trees. With the zero turn I need to make two passes for each row. I want to make a single pass per row thereby cutting that time in half. I am now leaning toward the 7' model.

When the zero turn dies I won't buy another. It is a single task vehicle. I prefer to buy an attachment for the tractor. It would cost say $1800 vs a zero turn that is around $3500. I save some $$$ the way I see it. Not to mention I only have to worry about one vehicle to keep running.

As for being too large? It is what it is. I am getting rid of the other smaller ones and have opted for a single sizer to do most jobs. Probably won't get rid of the super A or 140 but the ford 3000 and 8n are almost surely going to find another home some where else. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2011-04-20          178064

If you are mowing around fruit trees, suggest you get the largest mower deck you can operate and fit between. That way the deck projects a good distance beyond the width of the tractor, so the height of your tractor won't get tangled in the tree branches. A 45HP tractor should run a 7ft. deck without any trouble.

It may take you a little while to get familiar with mowing with a rear mower deck. You need to look behind you, while you are navigating around trees. Likewise, rear mounted implements turn the opposite direction for a bit when pulling away from objects and can be slow to come back or really swing in fast. ....

View my Photos
tpulley

2011-04-20          178078

Point taken. I have used a bush hog so I can relate to the swinging out you are referring to. Ideally a belly mower would be better choice regarding this, but I didn't see that they made one for my tractor.

In researching this, I found one (I think I got the link off one of these threads) that has a hydraulic swing out feature. It changes the cutting width from 7' out to over 10' when fully expanded. Not sure of the price though. I thought it was kinda neat. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login