Go Bottom Go Bottom

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
NHDaveD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-28          84553

I think that we could make a fortune! We could market them in green (my perferred color), orange, blue, red, whatever! What wife wouldn't support this purchase if it got hubby to pitch in???

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-28          84613

Speaking of vacuuming I just bought my wife a new Dyson man does that thing work. It has more suction than my large shop vac. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-04-28          84619

My wife is real happy with the roomba (remote robotic vacuum). It is a little saucer shaped disk that really works - everyone comes to see it go under the beds - work its way around chairs. Its a real conversation piece and goes for about $200.

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
JAZAK5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-03          85111

CUTE, but a zero turn would be easier, when the new house is done I'll keep the kirby upstairs and get a dyson for the downstairs. I wish they were around when I bought my kirby!!!!!

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
texbaylea

2004-05-09          85596

Guys -
You are missing the chance for a great project; put in a central vacuum system. These things are real power houses and you can run outlets everywhere, upstairs and downstairs - great to have one in the garage. You just plug in a hose and go to work with all the attachments you could want. If you do it yourself, it will be a lot cheaper than a Kirby. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
TNCHRIS

2004-05-09          85598

Ditto the central vac. Put one in for the wife for Christmas. A Nutone cv450. was told by dealers not to go bagless, they cost a lot more and are nasty to clean. only run about $850 with me installing, took less than one day. but the best part is the dirt and noise is outside. is cleaner than a heppa filter. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2004-05-09          85625

I put a nutone central vac in my house 16 years ago. Installed it myself. It has the collection bag that you dispose of when filled and it still works great.

I just thought that the green machine in my picture looked like fun. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-10          85658

For anyone putting in a central vacuum system, I stumbled across a nifty little piece that no system should be without, especially if you have 'little folks', two legged or four in the house.

It is a little trap door that goes into the toe kick panel of the kitchen cabinets in some out of the way corner. It has a little flap that opens out like a dust pan. You sweep everything up to it and flip it open, when the door opens the vacuum comes on and sucks up the debris, then just flip it shut.

They cost about $50 and if you have a pipe nearby they are a cinch to install.

Best of luck. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2004-05-11          85757

I saw those little kick plate trap doors too. Was planning on installing one this summer when I redo the kitchen floor. Glad to hear that they work good.

Thanks ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2004-05-11          85758

Oh BTW, it does seem that men are interested in vacuuming even if they don't have a machine like the one in my picture. All we seem to need is the special vacuuming toys like Kirbys, Dysons, Roomba, or even better yet - CENTRAL VAC!!! LOL :0) ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-11          85767

One of the constants in our business is dirt, when the machines come in for service they are covered with a thin coat of mud, when it hits the floor it turns to a fine powder which coats everything in a thick film of dust the at the slightest breeze. The powdered dirt is so fine it is even hard to sweep.

The solution they came up with is rather unique. They made a sheet metal hood like the pickup part of an upright vacuum and mounted it to the intake side of a walk behind gas-powered blower unit, the high power output side is connected to a piece of 8" canvas roll flat 'pipe' which is tied off to a light post away from the door.

A gas-powered shop vac. system Tim Taylor would be proud of, duct tape not included, some assembly required, void where prohibited by neighbours, wives or good judgement.

Besty of luck. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-11          85778

We put four of those toe-kick dust pans in our house. The most useful ones are in the kitchen, by the firewood stack, and next to the cat litter box. Very useful gadgets.

Speaking of vacuums... I used to do some work for Phoenix transit. The way they vacuumed out their buses was amazing. They attached a huge vacuum to the front door opening of the bus, opened the back door, and turned it on - it sucked everything out of the bus, cups, books, jackets, you name it. Pretty cool, but boy did it make a racket. ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2004-05-11          85780

Murf, it sure sounds like one heck of a machine that Tim Taylor surely would be proud of. However, I hope that any duct tape that they did use was Red Green approved. "Remember - Keep your stick on the ice." ....

If Men Vacuumed

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-11          85789

All of our Duct tape is carries the Possum Lodge seal of approval.

We don't use the cheap stuff.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login