Go Bottom Go Bottom

Life is too short

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-17          80174

Just ordered a backhoe for my TC33D I have been toying with the idea for months but last thursday a buddy of mine dropped dead and on monday my father passed away two in less than a week. I said F--- it you never Know so I'm buying it now. Life is too short to sweat the small things. I do have a question. Will the hydraulics that are installed to run the hoe also run other things such as top and tilt.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Life is too short

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-17          80180

Sorry to hear of your loss. That's very painful and it takes a long time for the loss to heal.

The backhoe takes full pressure hydraulic flow (also known as power beyond) and the pressure is regulated by valves on the backhoe. On my Deere there are separate outlets for Top-and-tilt and power beyond. There is probably a way to use a diverter valve and have it both ways but I'm not sure what NH does. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
harvey

2004-03-17          80184

Sorry to hear of your loss also.

Your best bet is to beat up the NH guys and have them install your plumbing. They know the tricks.

Ken nailed the issues. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
grinder

2004-03-18          80241

Sorry for your loss.
Tractors are good therapy.It does get better. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-18          80242

drcvi; I too add my sorrows for your loss. I went to three funerals last week plus three men younger than me had heart attacks within the last two weks, thank God all survived. I can't add much to what's allready been said except don't let your mind turn to mush in front of the TV. Get the tractor and keep your body and especially your mind busy. Frank. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-03-18          80261

drcjv, I've been trying to think of an appropriate response to your post. I'm not sure there is one other than what the others have already said. I'm sorry for your loss.
Dave ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-03-18          80263

I'm also sorry to hear of your loss. When I lost my Father it was difficult even though he had been ill for so long. In a few weeks it will be 2 years and I still miss him. Work, playing with equipment and keeping busy is the best therapy. One of my closest friends had a heart attack last summer. It definitely hits home. Whenever getting together with friends and family, always tell them how much they mean to you. You may not get another chance! ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
Murf

2004-03-18          80264

I too offer what little I can in the way of comfort.

This is a tender subject for myself also, as many of you know I too nearly lost that battle last year, and at all too young an age, not that there is a good age for medical problems. It just seems worse in a younger person.

I am still recovering, but I learned my lesson, hopefully others will too.

Please friends, see your Doctor regularly, and follow their instructions, there is NO REASON why you should not.

It's the least we can do for our loved ones......

Best of luck. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
harvey

2004-03-18          80337

Well said Murf! ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-18          80339

Hope you're coping and I doubt that my BH comment will help much.

I have a 3rd control valve on my loader valve assembly that I use for a rear circuit. I run a BH from that circuit by bungee cording the valve open. The loader valve assembly has a low-pressure return as well as a PB outlet so the hoe connected in this way is not a PB application.
It works OK for fairly light and irregular use. There is some loss and heavy use would tend to over-heat the oil more than a PB hookup would. In addition, continuous flow over many hours would erode the control valve orifices.

The advantage is that I can just disconnect two quick-connects to the top-link or what ever is mounted and connect the hoe. I do have to be careful not to connect it backwards. A PB connection may be better but my connection has worked OK for five years. The approaches are not incompatible. I could have both a control-valve assembly as well as PB connection in the high-pressure line. ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
BigBob

2004-03-18          80340

Since my brother in law died from a brain tumor at 47 years, I too have felt that most things are trivial. Not much advie but good luck. DC Smith ....

Life is too short

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-03-19          80391

Thank you to all for the kind words. Your post were much appreciated. Thanks again.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login