Go Bottom Go Bottom

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-02          70120

For whatever reason I just have never been into hunting (animals that is :)), this may have changed. My neighboring state to the south, NJ is going to be issuing permits to hunt black bears. This is due to their rising numbers and shrinking habitat. There are just too many bears in backyards right now.

Naturally the animal rights/ PETA wackos are up in arms. They have floated and idea/threat that they aregoing to be dressing in bear suits and forming a human shield for the bears! :o

Now if that aint' motivation to hunt I don't know what is !! Gotta run out to the ammo store...anyone know what the bag limit on PETAs is??? ;)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-02          70123

Sounds like a winner to me. At least you won't have to worry about gutting the PETAs since they are gutless!!!
Some people complain about anything and want to cause trouble over everything. I work in Washington DC and the number of people that come here to picket and demonstrate is unbelievable. Then you have people who come to picket the orignal people who are picketing and it keeps going.
How about if one of the black bears decide to mate with one of the fake PETA bears!!!! Or if real bear determines that the fake is in his territory!!! Could be a problem??? ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-02          70125

"How about if one of the black bears decide to mate with one of the fake PETA bears!!!! "

I have seen MANY of the PETA members it seems they may have already mated with animals. :) Not the best looking people on the face of the earth, it's like a home for society's misfits. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-02          70126

Given PETAs professed love for animals, I'd bet that it would be more likely that they would be chasing the bears instead of the other way around. A good defense attorney could probably sue them for sexually assaulting the bears. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-02          70127

Around here you're allowed to shoot 'problem' animals ...

I wonder if PETA bears qualify as 'problems' ...

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-12-02          70135

Lawman, You live in a beautiful state. One of the major things holding me back from moving there from Pennsylvania are the restrictive gun laws. Any chance of succession? Say a West New York and East (Berlin) New York? ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-02          70136

Scott, that is a good question. When you moved to the "Peoples Republic of New York", how did you deal with the ridiculous NY gun laws. I had a friend who moved there after retiring from the Army. When he went to voluntarily register his weapons with the local police dept. The police confiscated his weapons and held them until his approval to own those weapons came through. He peacefully waited.......I'm not so sure I would have done the same. I probably would have never registered the weapons and kept it to myself. Bear in mind one of my friends weapons was a Krieghhoff K-80 four gauged tubed barrel skeet gun. Not exactly a weapon you want to let out of your sight if you know what I mean.

As far as the PETA bears........can you say shaving cream or tennis ball cannon???? ;-) ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
moosefishing

2003-12-02          70137

sure glad I live in Texas. We don't have a bear problem here. (PETA BEARS OR OTHERWISE) ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-12-03          70181

I expect that those big cans of "Bear Pepper Spray" would work on those PETA bears just fine. Better safe than sorry! ;-)

I would have to question the sanity of anyone that would dress up in fur or antlers and run around in hunting areas. I have seen these people disrupt hunts by just deciding to "hike" noisily in the woods during hunting season. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70188

Hey, wait a minute, you guys may be on to something here!!!

Picture it, a fur suit, tan on the back, white on the front, big furry ears, a nice rack of antlers and a nice little twitchy tan & white tail.....

I even have the perfect name for it....

"The Mother-in-Laws Hunting Outfit".

The line up forms to the left guys....

Best of luck. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-03          70199

We don't have a bear problem here but we have a BIG beaver problem. There is National Park Service land next to us and they outlawed trapping on the river. This started back with the politically correct movement in "great society" days of the sixties. Now there are so many beaver here that you cannot get rid of them. I bought my backhoe to keep digging the dam out and keep our water flowing.

Maybe some PETA people will dress up as beavers, gnaw on a tree trunk, and the tree will fall on them (see another recent thread). ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-03          70207

We are REALLY sensitive about beaver threads around here. ;-) ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-03          70218

Yup. We are. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-03          70219

I caught that "sensitivity" from a few comments I've read since signing on. Have some people been overly obsessed with beavers? I can see where that might happen.:-) ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70222

I think the most sensitive 'beaver battlers' have migrated to another board, the ones that remain have taken successfully completed their sensitivity training.

We are now only sensitive about certain types of bears and tractors, some odd variety of colour-blindness....LOL.

Best of luck. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-03          70228

Murf, you almost forgot and so did I that we are just as sensitive if not more so about summer/winter diesel fuel additive as well. ;-) Diesel fuel additive drinking beavers would shut this place down! ;-) Peace.....out! ;-) ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70232

You maybe right there Chief, then again, if we are talking about 'dock beavers' getting 'fuelled up'..... that could really cause a first class SNAFU ....

Speaking of 'dock beavers' I added my favourite fishing picture (see pic. # 9) to my album, however I did edit it slightly since we run a G-rated forum here.

Enjoy, enjoy, original available to those who wish it.

Best of luck. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
harvey

2003-12-03          70233

Two of the nicest bass I've seen in a while... ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2003-12-03          70234

So that's why you call this the "just for fun forum."

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70235

I'm sorry I had to hide the 'weather indicators' in the picture or you could have seen how nice a day it was, LOL.

Best of luck. ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
harvey

2003-12-03          70236

GEEEEEZZZZZ Murf with two nice bass like that who's worried about the weather? Do you suspose she'll clean them? TOO! ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Murf

2003-12-03          70237

Forgot to mention, she caught the fish, and it's HER boat! ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
Peters

2003-12-03          70239

I am sorry I am not sure that this would be a easy hunt. PETAS bears it could be quite dangerous. I watched the Jeff Foxworthy special on the weekend and one of the comics made an important observation.
It is reported that women are attacked about 3 to one over men. The comic noted that they think this is due to menstration. He also commented that he did not think that the bears were that bright after all he thought that if the choice was between the bear and a PMS stress female he would definately go for the bear. How long would the bear stay mad at him if he attacked? He knows the PMS enraged female will be at his throat for at least five days.
Back to the original problem. Do you know of any better example of a PMS stressed female than the PETA types? Have you looked closely? Better man than I Gunga Din.
Having spent significant time in NJ is there any way you carve the area near NY city into the new state? On second thought why not just start a problem bear relocation progam to Etown or Newark. It might allow them to reduce their aggression levels, possibly using the Darwinian approach.

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-03          70253

See, I knew this was going to be a great place. I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this one as a new comer, But I was born and raised in north Jersey, got out of town when I was 17. Finally settled for the Wild and wonderful West Virginia, but I have to say that baltimore / DC sprawl along with PETA is starting to show up here and I am not happy about it. Do you think if all of the tractor folks got together we could build Peta its own little state and they would just leave the rest of us alone ....

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-12-04          70262

"Scott, that is a good question. When you moved to the "Peoples Republic of New York", how did you deal with the ridiculous NY gun laws. I had a friend who moved there after retiring from the Army. When he went to voluntarily register his weapons with the local police dept. The police confiscated his weapons and held them until his approval to own those weapons came through. He peacefully waited.......I'm not so sure I would have done the same. I probably would have never registered the weapons and kept it to myself. Bear in mind one of my friends weapons was a Krieghhoff K-80 four gauged tubed barrel skeet gun. Not exactly a weapon you want to let out of your sight if you know what I mean."

Some story but, I got that beat by a mile buddy!

When I retired I went to the local sheriff to get my gun license. It is a rubber stamp deal if you're retired LEO..or so it should be ;) So I filled out the paper work and went home.

Several weeks later I get a letter, they denied me because.....drumroll please, they said I was in a mental institution for 8 years :) Here I am I just retired and due to some computer glitch they had me in a rubber room for close to a decade instead of a police department!

I may be crazy but I'm not that bad, I mean standards in my department may have slipped but come on! :)

MANY phone calls and several months later I got my carry permit. The Judge was cracking up when she finally got my paperwork and signed off on it. She was real nice and was laughing when she saw what had happened. She even joked 'so you're a retired Sergeant and you're sure you were never in a mental instituiton"? :)

Turns out it was some hospital that couldn't find the paper record that supposedly existed and all they had were computerized dates of admittance for someone witht eh same name and a diagnosis, anorexia. Men are very rarely anorexic and nodoby gets locked in a rubber room for 8 years for that. Heck, even Hinkley is getting weekend furloughs :(

Thankfully with my past employment history, no paper medical records, the ridiculous diagnosis it was taken care of quickly. For someone else it could have taken lawyers fees and years. I still had to wade through the incompetents in the hospital until I talked to some bigshot and nicely told him I would be suing if a letter stating that I had NEVER been there wasn't forthcoming.

P.S. By the way I am a lifer, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY so I am use to the BS. In reality my "new" county, Orange is gun friendly, in NYC...oh boy. I love many things about NY, unfortunately like most populous areas they are "gunaphobic"

I just may start hunting

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-12-04          70263

She doesn't look like the PETA type???

:) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login