Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-21          69272

I was in my garage, started the tractor and hopped on when my waist length barn jacket caught the FEL control, pulled it backwards and the bucket almost took out my garage door and roof as it shot upward! Luckily I got it freed just in time .

Oooops, that would have been some real explaining to the Misses :(

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
StephenR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-21          69273

After I just got my TC33D I left the folding ROP up and clipped the bottom section, of the once replaced, garage door. As Homer would say, "DOH!" ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-21          69274

Hmmmm...... i guess it would be a good idea to always reduce the engine speed to slow idle before getting on and off, just so when things that go wrong, they do it slower. ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
Murf

2003-11-21          69275

I nearly did it a few times trying to go in & out the right-hand cab door as a short-cut, instead of using the left door and going around.

Then I remebered theres a little button thing that locks the FEL controls.

Now all I have to do is remember to put it in neutral, I almost backed over the wife's Bimmer when I stepped on the HST pedal while trying not to sit on the dog.

Best of luck.

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-11-21          69280

I think the lockout feature is the answer. I will lock it when I get off the tractor in the garage.

Even with the revs low, by the time I realized the cause and got it sorted out it was close :)

I have the R-4s and with slightly taller R-1s I couldn't get into the barn or the garage. I need to make SURE the doors are fully open! ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-21          69289

I accidently stepped on the reverse pedal all the way to the floor reaching for a light switch and nearly took out my indoor until to my heat pump and log splitter. Scared the hell out of me. I have dinged the garage door a few times, and forgot to put the ROPS down once. I idle in and out and take it VERY slow and triple check myself. Never can be too careful. Especially is you suffer from CRS as bad as I do! ;-) ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
blizzard

2003-11-21          69292

Not exactly the same thing, but I parked in the garage with a bucket full of cinderblocks and bricks, lowered the bucket, and dropped the weight box onto some 6x6's. Fine... until the next morning when I started up and raised the bucket. The rears came up until the slack came out of the 3PH and the weight box counterbalanced the load. Luckily I have sufficient headroon so the ROPS did no damage.
But I do have to prop up the door with an 8' 2x4, always put it on the FEL arm, blocking access to the seat, after parking. Once the tractor is out, I lean the 2x4 against the jam so I can't just open the door and back (bash!) in. I guess its just a matter of time until CRS bites me.

bliz ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-11-21          69303

A couple of weeks ago I lifted the front of my trailer to get the trailer jack out of the mud where it sank a little. I wasn't planning on any FEL work so I didn't have theh counterweight on, no problem the tractor was still ballasted fine....that is until I got off the seat. Yep, both rear wheeels slowly crept into the air. Luckily I am pretty quick and I hopped back on and lowered her down.

Just call me the "Human Ballast" ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-21          69305

Definitely have to watch that "moving ballast weight" very closely. Especially us "caloricly challenged" ballast weights. ;-) ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-11-21          69307

It is funny how a slight change in weighting can really change things. In this case my weight was the only thing holding it down.

Lesson learned.

With the 500lb wieight box the tractor is very solid. I am leaving it on until spring when the cutter goes back on and off. ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
getrdun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-08          70524

My father tell a story I've got to share; Seems his grandfather refused to use the new tractor his dad bought, much prefered his team. but after much badgering agreed to take the tractor to the house at the end of a very long day , My father said he heard his grandfather say whoa, whoaaa WHooa WHOAAAA, WHOOOOAAA YOU S.O.B. As he an the new FORD came through the back of the barn an in to the lot. Getrdun ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-08          70549

Sounds like he needed one of those very early tractors that you controlled with reins, like a team of horses. I saw one of these on a classic tractor show and was amazed, but I can't remember the brand name. The operator would walk behind the tractor and manipulate the reins to drive it. The manufacturer put a seat on the tractor but they figured that few people would want to operate it sitting down. Anyone ever see one of these? ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-08          70591

Seen one of those rein operated tractors on Dish Networks RFD-TV " Classic Tractor. Man do I miss that channel. I don't remember the brand. I want to say Oliver. But am not certain.I had to switch to Direct with the new house. Had a big tree in way of the signal. On a note to the earlier postion regarding a Human ballast. I guess that really help me in my decission to weight the tires and not a ballast box. At 6+' tall and 155 lbs soaking wet. I don't think I would make much of a ballast. ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-12-08          70596

I think that's the show I saw it on since we have DISH. I need to tune in more often - love looking at that old iron, and most of the owners do an unreal job of restoring 'em. ....

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-12-09          70637

"At 6+' tall and 155 lbs soaking wet. I don't think I would make much of a ballast."

We're just about in the same weight class buddy : Believe me, that seemingly small ammount in relationship to the tracor can be the difference between smooth sailing and a WHEELSTAND :0

The ballasted tires would be great but I need to mow an already soft lawn.

Anyone ever do this

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-09          70663

Could that mean that my ballasting issues discussed in the other thread are over? :-) JK.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login