Go Bottom Go Bottom

Monster House

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-22          64588

Does any one besides me watch Monster House on The Discovery channel ? Talk about innovative use of tools and materials. I'd like to let those guys go wild on my garage. I'd also like one of those prize packs. It definately gets my vote as the best reality show. Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Monster House

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-22          64590

What about trash to cash? ....

Monster House

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-22          64594

I've not seen that one. Is it on the discovery channel ? Dave ....

Monster House

View my Photos
drcjv.

2003-09-23          64658

My vote for the best reality show is american chopper. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-09-23          64665

I have just been burnt out on reality shows like this. I used to watch Junkyard wars, but they have changed the format and I don't care for it anymore.

I really liked Battlebots, but then I build robots for a living. Battlebots competitions are still happening, but they are not televised. The show Robot Rivals doesn't do anything for me. One of the other Battlebots builders has a Junkyard show where they build large machines, but I just cannot get interested in it.

I still like Mail Call on the History Channel. There is a new show called "Tactical to Practical" that I also like. But, these are more formatted informational shows rather then the type of "reality challenge" that is common now. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
Peters

2003-09-23          64666

The Trash to Cash show is on the Discovery network. I am not sure if it is TLC or Discovery or?
For me it is more where I live. They go dumpster diving and then make something out of the junk on a theme. The hosts learned this from their father when kids.

My dad was a child of the depression and part Scotts so I can relate better, than spending unlimited resources to redo a house. Not that I would turn them down if they arrived at the door.

Both are entertaining. I guess I normally watch the BBCA versions of this type of program. Like most things I normally find originals better than the copies. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-23          64668

I like American Chopper but Tactical to Practical is pretty cool too. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-23          64673

I do like Junkyard wars when I can catch it. Monster garage is pretty slick too. I guess the thing I like about moster house is that their seems to be no budget so they can gety really crazy. Mostly I like watching how theese guys can fabricate stuff out of metal. I think thats really interesting stuff to see them change things for the better. Dave ....

Monster House

View my Photos
JimP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-24          64715

My vote is for American Chopper too, but I may be biased as these guys practically live in my backyard (about 10 miles away) -- they've done very well for themselves. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-24          64716

I like the big guy with the mustache. He reminds me of myself , especially with the kids in the never ending battle of getting them to clean up after themselves and their rooms. I am gonna be just like him when my oldest daughter starts dating. ;-)

I about choked when I learned the prices people are willing to pay for those bikes. I rode motorcycles for about 15 years and I stopped about 12 years ago. The last bike I bought was a new 1983 Honda V-65 Magna and I thought I paid too much at $3700. The Speed Channel has some cool chopper shows on Tuesday nights. They call it Two Wheel Tuesday. ....

Monster House

View my Photos
JimP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-24          64741

Chief - they had the father/son on the local radio station here a few months back. During the interview, the topic of the prices of their bikes came up. Paul Sr. said there were getting up to $250K for some of the corporate purchases. Me thinks it may be time for a career change! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login