Go Bottom Go Bottom

The FBI has NEW surveilance software and is watching YOU

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-28          55825

This is the latest software and it watches you very closely and impossible to avoid. Beware.

Link:   FBI Surveilance Software Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
larry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-29          55854

Hey Chief
Sad but probably true ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-29          55869

It is unfortunate that things have come to this point, however, I think of it like traffic radar, if I'm not speeding what do I care if they know how fast I'm going, and if I am speeding, I deserve to get caught, period.

We had an interesting case decided by our courts recently which resulted in a good number of cases against people charged with operating 'pot grow houses' (hydroponic setups) being thrown out of court. It seems some clever lawyer thought of arguing that using aircraft-mounted FLIR, forward looking infra-red radar, or heat sensing radar, to sweep entire regions constituted an illegal search, therefore any evidence gathered was 'fruit of the poisonous tree' and inadmissable in court.

What's next?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-05-29          55873

This is not news. They have been doing it for years. They just have better tools now. Privacy is non existant, especially since the homeland security act.

Murf, Arey you saying that all lawbreakers should be caught and punished ? If so what about the old folks and such that put their prescription medicines in daily dispensers. They are all guilty of a felony and could be fined and spend jail time.
Of course that could do away with the AARP lobbiests that pester the gummit, as all of their members would lose their right to vote.

The laws are there to put us all in jail if fully enforced. The surveillance is the next step in establishing a police state. This has been a common pattern thru history. I may be a bit paranoid, but I may be right too.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-05-29          55877

Murf, a search is a search. If you are in anyway monitored to or inspected to check for the possibility of a law infraction; you have been searched. PERIOD.

NOBODY has the right to search you unless they have PROBABLE CAUSE to believe that you are about to commit or have commited a crime. Sobriety road block check points stops are unlawful searches. They may catch a lot of drunks but they are unlawful and unconstitutional just as the infrared sensing of homes for heat signatures was. The police are getting out of control. I just read an article yesterday that the Fort Lauderdale police were posing as employees in the McDonalds drive through and making arrests for everything from not wearing seat belts, child safety seats, to smoking pot. I refuse to live in a police state. Who is going to police the police???

I posted this link as a tongue in cheek gag poke at how bad things are getting and I got a good laugh out of the pursuing eye balls. When the "Jackie's" (my short word for Jack Booted Thugs) are tapping your phone or knocking on your door demanding your guns and certain types of tools or outdoor equipment, I think you may see things in a different light. But it will be too late then. If one man hangs, we all hang together. The Constitution is NOT a "living" changing document. It is a permantent bond and guarantee that we all must respect and abide by or disolve the union. ....

Link:   A Reminder

View my Photos
Murf

2003-05-29          55878

No Slowrev, I didn't say SHOULD I said DESERVE, there is a difference, and without splitting hairs either.

If you knowingly violate any law, you MAY be called to answer for it. But just as the choice to do something or not is YOURS, the consequences are YOURS also. As long as the principle of punishment fitting the crime holds up we're a reasonably safe society.

I speed fairly routinely, I do not drive erratically, I do not drive at an unsafe speed, ever, nor do I endanger anyone else on the road by my speeding. Do I get caught, yeah, every now and then, 5 or 6 times in the last twenty years. Who's fault is it, MINE, who's responsibility, MINE. Do I feel unfairly treated, not at all, in fact I think I'm rather lucky, the police in this part of the world are under instructions NOT to enforce speed limits unless the driver is exceeding the limit by more than 10 mph or driving in an unsafe manner. In practice, where the limit is 50 mph or higher, they won't touch you on an open road until you're doing at least 15-20mph over the limit.

Considering my two main rides are a Power Stroke with tall gears, and a V12 Bimmer (V-12 Jag before that) this policy is a VERY good thing...

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-29          55886

Do you guys mean Big brother is watching ? Nothing new I can see except technology is getting better and you can be sure its a whole lot better than what we know about. Ya chief it is sad that a lot of folks see the constitution as a liveing changeing document that is some how subject to interpretation. Most of us in the daily grind seem to, or should I say some would like to forget the whole concept behind the drafting of the document, to protect us FROM excessive government. I can not at the moment rember who said this but it was one of the origional fathers of the constitution in reference to our right to keep and bear arms. His statement was too the effect that the beauty of the ammendment was that it would never be neccesary untill the government tried to remove that right from its citizens. ....

View my Photos
StephenR

2003-05-29          55889

slowrev, It is not being paranoid to realize the history of governments. I'm sure glad we didn't get an algore administration, but sometimes Bush is not far behind, i.e. Homeland Security. ....

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-05-29          55894

Kind of reminds me of that movie, Enemy of the state ! ....

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-05-29          55899

Curtialing freedoms in anyway by anyone for any reason is an outrage! Some laws are outdated and just plain wrong. In those cases it is an act of patriotism to argue against them. I like some other conservatives like Bill Buckley believe that in the case of some drugs they should be decriminalized. I personally don't care a wit if someone wants to spend all day in the whore house smoking pot. Just don't ask me to pay for your rehabilitation or your penicillin. Freedom also means that you have the right to be a perfect ass. Just keep your distance! ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-05-29          55907

There was a sign on one of my professors' doors when I was in college that said, "Knowing that you ARE paranoid does not mean that THEY aren't out to get you!" ....

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-06-04          56648

I remember once seeing a sign that said, "Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login