Go Bottom Go Bottom

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-04          46947

We had discussed this on another post, but looked on the Kubota web site and saw that they had the information posted on the site.
Kubota is sueing Kioti over infringement on color and styling. They also state that dealers are claiming that there is currently a connection with Kioti. The wording leaves it open to construe that there may have been a connection in the past.
I guess the logic for the whole thing escapes me, but it begs the question.
If they win does it not open the doors for Agco the owner of AC tractors to suit Kubata over their infringement of colour.
Personally I find the current Acgo compacts to look much like the Kubotas. Lets face it there is only so much styling you can do on a compact utility tractor. I doubt that Kubota contracted their styling to an Italian design house. I guess if they had they would look like a Boomer.
Ok what do you think? Remember this post is just for fun.

Link:   Agco

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
dbear
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-04          46955

I agree the whole thing is stupid. What's next, Daimler-Benz suing all other makers of minivans because they all look like theirs? It's time Kubota grew up and realized that they do not have the only nor the best product on the market. ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
TomG

2003-01-05          46969

Don't know, maybe Kubotas are so safe that their corporate lawyers have nothing else to do. The trouble with lawyers and guns is that if they're around, then they're going to be used. Remember this is just for fun. Guess I could say the same for politicians but they're not much fun. My logic of course is intentionally flawed. ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-05          46976

I have heard argued that the main problem with politicians is - lawyers = politicians.
If you look at the news this week we just had a very sucessful ambulance chaser/millionaire anounce that he was running for president. He feels connected to the common people he defended.
I am not sure the country has recovered from the last two lawyers in the who occupied the white house.
Next we will have some one sueing the government for eye damage due to the brightness of the paint applied to the residence to cover the 1812 fire damage.
Or that white is a providence of the church and is to represent sinlessness and should not be used on such a building only churches.
With 1 in 100 a lawyer you have to have make work projects for those out of work. I thought here was enough already with the two houses of representatives federally and all the state houses.
Bitter aren't I. ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
TomG

2003-01-06          47021

I hear you. Reading John Grisham helps me a little even if there's no real solutions to be found. ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-01-06          47043

I know of a case where the husband grabbed the wrong can and dumped diesel into the fuel tank of a 30 year old Piper Cub and then crashed on take off killing his father-in-law and his son in the process.
The surviving wife/mother/daughter sued Piper and won (!!) 2 point something mil.
Peters, if you are bitter or confused, you are in good company.

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-01-06          47052

Yeah Mark we seem to be in the blameless society. If I do something stupid an the result is bad then it has to be someone elses fault, it cannot be my fault :)

Of course we are following the example of our leaders though like good citizens.

I guess I am in an extreme minority, one who believes I am responsible for the results of my own actions.

sigh.......

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
stevenc

2003-06-01          56204

Kubota has DEEP legal pockets,,notice they got a federal law passed STOPPING the imports of the "gray" market Kubotas!!!FACT ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-06-01          56206

Steven,
Deere did the same thing with Yanmars.

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
Chief

2003-06-01          56207

If you buy those tractors with the green paint, you don't have to worry about those problems. <;o) ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-06-02          56231

What a total waste of money. We certainly have waaay toooo much sewage ! and it stinks. Thats what 3 pt hitches are for, lawyers. 1 pt for each leg and the third for their mouth ! lol. Whats not funny is that all this horse manure makes every thing we buy cost more....and that really stinks ! ....

Litigous Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-02          56245

If you ever do comparative shopping you would be shocked what sales people say. I know I've learned a lot of new?! things from newer sales people as to who builds what. I think that I would be upset too! I don't know if a laywer will make a difference for some of them but it might make them learn a little faster. I know that not everyone starts off in this buisness experienced and everyone needs to learn, but some guys need a major reality check and for the people that meet them I hope there boots don't leak! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login