Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-17          126247

Did everyone remember to wear his Deere T shirt today? Sorry I had to wear my Oliver one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-17          126252

Hey! Oliver is cool too! The Oliver line I believe came out of Hart Par tractors of MANY years ago. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-17          126256

I forgot and wore red today. Maybe next year. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-17          126257

My kids got me my T a number of years ago when I was still pining for my Oliver Supper 55.

Hope you got pinched Ken. My daughter was trying to catch me all day. Tough act as I did not get back from Boston till 4 in the morning. NorthWorst again!!!! You think I would have learned.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-17          126259

I think everyone at work has strict orders to leave me alone, so no pinching :) We're trying to bring up a brand new board with three processors on it and it's not going well. These things have become way too complex for my simple mind. Power management alone could be turned into a career on this stupid board. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-17          126261

Man the power is going up. Most of the day I have 3 systems running at home and my power bill is up. Now they want me to have 3 processors at home. I am just getter accustomed to the idea of one on each desk. I am not sure what I need more power than the supper mini. I never planned to do molecular modeling at home.
If we could get them to right code properly we wouldn't need the speed. I guess the age of economy of code is gone. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-18          126272

I miss the days of economy of coding. On my current job I'm using an integrated tool set on windows (normally I don't develop on windows). The editor that came with it is horrible. I bought another editor that was 60MB in zipped form and is less powerful than my favorite all-time editor that fit on a floppy disk. Code bloat is a definite problem and development tool technology stopped advancing 20 years ago. The tools today are fatter than ever and are often impediments to doing a job. But they're pretty to look at. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-20          126367

Peters, Ken

I did not understand the terms you are using, could you be also talking about the government? All levels mind you.

kt ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-20          126374

KT; We are talking about the base computer coding. Years ago the storage volume and central processing (CPU) time to run a program was critical. As the cost of storage and CPU speed has decrease, the methods of coding became sloppy. The speed of most applications has not increased, partly due to the inclusion of graphics, but also due to the bloated code. For example I down loaded the security update on the MS Office the other day and it was larger than the whole MS office was a few years back.
Is this similar to the government? Well the normal method in coding is now modular. Function of the program are separated or compartmentalized into separate small modules. Often these compartments duplicate functions. This never happens in the government!!!!
One Programmer may work in another area of the company, another company or a different area of the world. He may not really know what the entire code will do or should do, only his small function. It may be only the senior people that know the codes completed entity. They direct him to write a code module to do a specific task. Not knowing the complete function it can be in conflict with the goals or laws of computing. This is not at all like the government!!!!
The final code is compiled and very secret so the user who is paying for it has no idea what it is really doing within his computer and home. The computer software company wants you to only rent their assets and never really own anything. They want you to pay yearly for your access to the software that you have already purchased with your hard earned money. How could you possibly compare this with our government agencies!!!
Finally the software company wants to ask us to trust them implicitly for all our software security. Trust us it is genuine BS software. We know how to protect you all you need to do is just trust your one big BS software company. All functions of the software are now one big entity as it has bought up or pushed out smaller entities using hard handed tactics. All the other computer software companies around the world must rely on BS software to release code information to develop their own code. If BS secrecy hides functions their whole software development can be hindered or distroyed. Naturally the hackers are finding more holes in the BS defense. They are using the transportation system to sabotage computers. BS Software is arrogant and a big target therefore hackers stay up nights to find easy access to their software. BS’s software was a 10th the budget of a new computer and is rapidly approaching ½ and your computer now requires 2 or 3 additional programs for defense. I can not see any connection to our government!!!
Therefore I can categorically state that the government agencies are nothing like computer coding today. Well I think? ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-20          126391

There are software tools that can be used to identify and eliminate duplicate functionality. Unfortunately no such thing exists in government :) So I agree with Peters. ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-21          126416

Peters,

What a good comparision. I now understand the difference very well. I think you are saying there is hope for computer programing. Correct. roflol

kt ....

John Deer Green

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-21          126440

I am not sure how my off handed tribute to St. Patty's Day degraded to this but;
In programming there is always those that are working toward open code. I am not sure we can say the same about government. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login