Go Bottom Go Bottom

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-22          112638

Haven't heard anyone talking about the Empire Farm Days lately. Is there anyone planning on trying to get a group together at the show? The wife is submitting her vacation schedule, and believe it or not, she's interested in showing up for an afternoon.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-22          112641

I was actually just thinking I should have started a seperate thread for this event, especially since I couldn't remember off-hand in what thread I brought it up in the first place.

Maybe we could use Art's (assuming he'll have one and doesn't object) booth as a rallying point. If nothing else we have to find out if he gives a free hat with every tractor sold, right Randy? LOL.

I plan on being there, barring any more health issues, but my good lady has a scheduling conflict so she can't make it. She seems to think a family event takes precedent over a farm show, go figure.

Another question, is anyone planning on camping, or is everyone taking the motel/hotel route? I'm still debating whether to fly or drive, and then truck or motorhome.

Best of luck.

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-06-22          112646

Murf, we do not have booth but our equipment is all over the field in many of the manufacturers areas do to the different brands we sell and I doubt that any of them would turn down an offer from such a great group to have them get together at there location. I unfortunatly just stop in at all of them while I make my rounds on a given day. I'd be more then glad to set it up for the meeting at one depending on time of it as to the appropriate refreshments and I'd be glad to supply. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-22          112655

What a great place to spend the day! I missed it last year, the one day I took vacation to attend the traffic was backed up from Seneca Falls to the gate. I turned around.

If current plans prevail, I will be there working as a volunteer in the DigSafely booth. Tentatively scheduled to help on Wednesday and Thursday. Stay in touch. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-24          112726

We'll probably camp. Never been to this show before, trying to decide if we can bring the owners (beagles) along for the trip. We've brought them to other shows without too much hassle. Any input would be helpful.

We look forward to meeting some Tractorpointers. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-24          112727

Here is a link to the website. There is a way to submit your questions included. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-24          112728

Thanks cutter, we'll check it out. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-06-27          112829

Art, thanks for the info. If you're spread across several manufacturers that means we could potentially get free scoff from several companies, LOL.

Now Randy HAS to make the trek..... the chance at MULTIPLE free hats !!!

Beagle, there are lots of gorgeous campgrounds in that general area, I was going to bring Deputy Dog and his sidekick along, but my missus doesn't trust me to look after 'her baby' alone that long, LOL, so she's taking him with her instead.

Hmmmm, 'appropriate beverages' ..... I see a TractorPoint "hospitality room" in the future ....... Not enough room in my motorhome for that, sounds like I better start phoning hotels in the area. LOL.

Best of luck. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-27          112843

Thanks Murf, we'll be camping. I'm not sure the little wife would even trust me at home with her babies. We'll all be coming. That's just the way it has to be. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-06-28          112857

The local hotels are full of the sales people and out of town visitors for the farm days.. I'm two hours east and the road is full by about 8 in the morning from people further east into Vermont, Conn, Maine and Mass. Syracuse is about an hour east and the pressure isn't as high for the rooms. Rochester is just over thirty minutes west and might give some other options. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-28          112876

Check Fair Haven State Park, it is on the lake and a bit further from the action so you may find a spot. Probably one of the nicest parks around. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-29          112893

Thanks cutter, do you know if New York State Parks take reservations? In Michigan, you can make a reservation at a state parks in advance. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-06-29          112896

Beagle, or anyone else interested, below is a link to the webpage for the state park Cutter mentioned.

There is a link at the bottom of the page where you can make reservations online.

Best of luck. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-29          112898

Thanks Murf. But what Link? Doesn't seem to be there. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-06-29          112899

Hmmmmm......seems to have fallen off on it's way through cyber-space. LOL.

Let's try it again. ....

Link:   NY State Parks

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-29          112903

Thanks, Got it. I'll let the little wife take it from here. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-29          112916

If you have the time, do some of the wineries on the way from the park to the fair. The drive is beautiful and I will guess about an hour, perhaps less.

You may want to check out the Sterling Renaissance Festival as well. That is in close proximity to the park and a fantastic place to visit. Dress in period clothing and you are really in for some jesting:> ....

Link:   

Click Here

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-06-30          112931

"period dress" for us would mean bell bottom jeans and tie-died tee shirts (LOL). Probably not what you meant. We'll check out the wineries for sure, not sure how much of the other stuff we'll have time for..... especially after the wineries. Thanks for the info. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
harvey

2005-07-16          113525

Has anyone decided where, when, time?

Also remember the Pagenant of Steam is the same week in Cananaidiagua, just west. Steam pagenant is 11-14 Aug. This is truely an event worth seeing.

Link included ....

Link:   

Click Here

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-07-16          113531

Great link Harvey. You can look at that old Case plowing on the first page and think "how cumbersome", but by placing yourself in that era, it must have been to them like the first space flight was to us.

I still plan on being at the Digsafely booth on Wednesday and Thursday, ask for Don.

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-18          113603

Any tips on arriving at the show. The wife is a little spooked by the talk of 2 mile back-ups getting in. Is there a good time or a good way in to avoid as much of the traffic as possible.

Thanks, the Beagles ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-07-18          113608

I would say either get there early or late but not ten or so in the morning, that is when I had my problem. The traffic has not been a problem for me in the past, just hit it wrong last year. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-18          113611

Thanks cutter for the help, we'll look you up at the show. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-07-18          113617

I found the backup was generated from traffic in the Seneca Falls area. If you travel down Rt 414 heading from the north there is a sign that directs you south across 414 and about a hundred feet from that intersection has you heading east on a back road (can't remember the name) and it ends relatively close to the entrance. I usually go in that way without a problem. Last year was the exception, I was frustrated by the traffic in Seneca Falls, turned around.

As I said, you have to come in from the north, watch for the Empire Farm Days signs and it will have you not making a left turn (east) to follow Rt 414 but rather cross it and make a left about a hundred feet to the south...go that way! Have a safe trip, hope to see you there. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-18          113620

Thanks again. We're not big crowd people, ran away from it years ago ( I've worked in New York and Chicago ). Looking forward to the show. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-18          113631

I've only been there from the west when we stayed at Darien lake during the show with the kids but there was some short cuts coming into the farm show which brought you in straight on from the west. It wasn't freeway driving but very managable. It is good to be off hours for ease of traffic. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-19          113642

Anyone familiar with the Inland Motel on Routes 5 and 20. Clean with hot water is all we really need.

The price was right.

The little wife would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

Thanks ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-07-19          113652

Sorry, don't recall seeing that one but if you don't receive any feedback in a couple of days let me know. The wife used to work over there and may have some information on it. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-20          113685

Beagle, I'm not familiar with it but before the thruway was put in rt 20 and 5 was the main cross state highway and was loaded with little motels about every 5 miles in the country and closer around the hamlets. I'd try the local chamber of commerce to see how they rate it. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-20          113688

Thanks Art, we (the wife) may give them a call. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-07-20          113706

Beagle,

You know, I am fairly close to the fair and right off the main road that leads south. There are several beautiful B&B's within a mile or two of my home that are either on Lake Ontario or Sodus Bay. You can do the whole wine experience on either the trip to the expo or in the return. Head east and you are within 40 minutes of the Sterling Renaissance Faire. I found the listing for Inland Motel, no description or rating provided.

I recommend stopping at Glenora Vineyards, sampling the wine and eating dinner in their restaruant...excellent.

Maxwell Creek Inn and Carriage House, to name a couple. I will attach a link for you. ....

Link:   B&B in Farm Days Area..sort of...

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-20          113707

I don't know if your wife might like wine, but if you pop in finger lakes in your search I think you will find a lot of information. There is plenty to do in the area and more wine then I can handle. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-21          113715

Art, let me tell you, my wife loves wine. She really likes whineries and the atmosphere in them. We will be spending a couple evenings there for sure. Not sure how long we can stay away from the business, we are all but shut down when we are both gone. We'll make the best of it. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-07-21          113723

Beagle:
Getting off of the subject slightly, but did you get to the Wine tasting festival in Harrisville this past weekend? Most were from Leelanau. We found a couple of really good selections. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-07-21          113726

Nope, we missed it. Spend Saturday dodging the rain drops and Sunday making up for the lost time on Saturday. Sorry we missed it. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-08          114521

Update:

The Doc's office just phoned back with the results from some tests I had this morning.

Looks like I'm parked right here for the next week, I'm not supposed to go any farther from my armchair than absolutely necessary and he doesn't want me driving, period, let alone the 4-5 hours to the show.

Sorry guys, maybe next year. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-08-08          114525

Hope to be there on Tuesday but touring other sites with little or no home base as I need to further learn of the other guys products. Will be in the Case-IH booth on Wednesday PM for sure and hoping to get to the Bass Pro shop while passing thru Auburn to pick up some additional fishing gear. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-08          114537

Sorry to hear that Murf, hope all works out for you. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-08-08          114540

Murf, you aren't worried and causing problems with your health over the snow coming this winter are you? ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-09          114559

Cutter, it's not as big a deal as it sounds, just too much of one of the drugs I take is staying in my system and they need to balance it up. It could cause dizziness and possibly fainting if I over exhert becuase of the fluctuations in blood pressure, so they don't want me out in the heat, or driving.

Art, if I got worried over snow I'd have been dead years ago!! LOL. After I get some of this crap straightened around I might need to fly down there, I know a couple of spots north of you that are awesome fly-in only lakes, the fish don't see too many fisherman and almost fight each other to get to your line.

Best of luck.

Empire farm days

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-08-09          114567

Murf:

Hope everything works out! Sometimes your body can get saturated with certain drugs and the drugs will poison your system.

Last week a close from my teen years was out dancing and dropped dead from a massive stroke at 56 years old. At the funeral home I saw pictures of myself and three other guys as we hung out drinking beer as teenagers. Found out I'm the only one left standing. That is a scary feeling! Know for sure I'm not doing the alligator dance anymore.

Murf, be careful we only go around once in life! Celebrate life but in moderation!! ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-09          114569

Thanks, it will be fine I'm told, it will just take a few days or a week to get straight.

The timing sucks that's all.

I do know what you mean about that scary feeling, I have buried several close friends already, and I nearly went myself, and I'm younger than you are!

I do celebrate in moderation, mind you everything is in moderation now, LOL.

Best of luck. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-08-09          114576

Murf, I thought those lakes fish died from acid rain! ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-09          114579

Art, they did, then in the late 80's after the water quality had improved they spent a bunch of money re-stocking them with fingerlings.

They're all grown up now, and HUNGRY.......... ;->

Best of luck. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-09          114616

Just spent the evening bobbing around in lake Ontario on the back of the Silverton with first mate. Sipped wine and ate some shrimp, watched the sun set.

Murf, glad to hear your illness is medication problems. Hopefully you are enjoying the summer in that boat, mine is a whole bunch slower than yours, but it keeps me sane. See you next year at the expo. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
harvey

2005-08-10          114630

Went up yesterday. It seemed like old home week... Kept bumping into old friends hadn't seen for a while. Of course gotta shoot the bull each time. But that is what a lot of the event is about. Never did get to touch everything. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-10          114663

Just arrived home. I spoke with Art for quite some time, did not realize he was an old Mopar man like me. Sorry I missed Beagle and Harvey. One thing is for sure, it was HOT! Of course, that improves the view immensely for a guy.

Hopefully some of us will meet Thursday. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-08-10          114666

We missed everyone, cooked ourselves all day Tuesday at the show. Did get a chance to chat with Art by phone, thanks to a helpfull Kabota regional rep. Sorry we didn't make it back Wednesday Art. The wife had enough Tuesday.

Thanks Art for the tip on dinner and a bottle of wine. We found a nice place on the East side of Seneca Lake and had a great dinner out on the terrace. The wife got the nice evening I promised her.

Hopefully we can all get together soon.

Happily back home,
The Beagles
Bob and Denise ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-10          114672

Hmmm.... Art, I did not get my bottle of wine...just kidding. What kind did you have Beagle? Your wife is a trooper, mine won't grace the place after having to work there for years under the Agway tent. As for me, it is better than Disney World. Acres of toys for over-aged boys. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-08-11          114712

We did a $27 bottle of Merlot at the first Winery we came to. Couldn't tell you the name anymore, but definitely good.

Yep, the wife is a trooper, even had a good time at the show. She gets into the equipemnt side of the business and likes to keep up with what's going on and why we do what we do.

Great show. 1 day isn't really enough. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-11          114722

Returned from my second day at the show. Some of the help from my sister utility was in and out quicker than a cat can lick his a_ _, so I ended up with little time to socialize. I wanted to see Art one more time, I really love those Kubota utility vehicles, they look like a Unimog. Thought he might be able to keep an eye out for a used one.

My favorite new invention is the RODENATOR. The guy that invented and patented the thing was there showing videos and had a unit on display. It injects a propane gas mixture into woodchuck holes and blows them up....YEAAA. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-08-11          114724

Cutter, we cound't help but think of Carl from Caddy Shack when we saw that thing. Carl had the plastic explosives, but didn't have the Rodenator. Would have been a great addition to his arsenal.

We enjoyed some of the products from Anderson Machines, His little log loader was pretty darn special. There was a lot of innovation in some of his stuff. And of course the boys from Dewalt kept everyone entertained.

We are expecting a call any minute that we won the drawing for the RTV. We'll let you know how we like it. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-11          114725

I know Beagle, that is the first thing I thought of as well. Our booth was right across from that one, I ran over and mentioned Caddy Shack and all agreed. Just could not think of Carl's name!!

If you win, let me know the cash price!! ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
beagle

2005-08-11          114727

We stopped at your booth Tuesday afternoon looking for you. Hoped we would have a chance to meet. Sorry we missed you. Maybe next time. ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-11          114729

My manager was gnawing wood at the two days I spent there, he would have had the big one if I volunteered three! ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
Art White

2005-08-12          114776

Cutter, I didn't supply any wine just the ideas! Did enjoy our time although it was to short! I did have an enjoyable time with everyone that I got to meet and to talk to. I think the attendence was down a bit but there was not a shortage of things to do and see. I took the time on the way home to steal a few minutes in the Bass Pro shop in Auburn and it was my first time in one and felt like a child in a toy store! The only bad thing was I left my phone on and got one thse calls thats not good! Nothing serious just my wife reminding me to get my butt home to cook the pork tenderloins! ....

Empire farm days

View my Photos
cutter

2005-08-12          114778

Art,

If I recall, you received a similar call the afternoon we met. I can't even hide on my boat, the darn thing is always there. But then...the battery dies, darn the rotten luck!

Isn't that Pro-shop something? I stopped there after a safety presentation I attended in Auburn. Talk about a fun place to work in retirement.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login