Go Bottom Go Bottom

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-16          112481

After four years of work, she is finally in the water. I am still working on some minor mechanical problems such as engine alignment, timing and such but hopefully it will be a great summer of cruising and dock life.

http://www.freephotoserver.com/files/mvc-009f5009.jpg

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-18          112538

So THAT'S where you've been hiding.

Looking good. Hope you have fun with it.

Bill ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-06-18          112539

Congrats Cutter!

Good to see you got to the end of that project. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-18          112547

She looks good!! ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-06-18          112550

Cutter, my wife says that is a Silverton, is that correct? What year? Nice boat! ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-06-18          112551

By the way Cutter, forget the dock life - get out there on the water! Stay away from the drinking and social outcasts on the shore and navigate new waters or anchor out and appreciate the wind, sea, and sun. Social life on the dock will get old after a while. I had 10 years of boating on a 32 footer. The best times were on the water, the worst times were at the dock. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-19          112553

ncrunch,

Your wife is a keeper. Even the seasoned veterans at the marina did not know that she is a Silverton. There was a slight change from the original 1985 model, extending the cabin hand rail further aft, where the name used to be placed. So I am guessing in 1987 the name was omitted at the factory. An artist friend of mine is taking care of that soon. I found a silverton logo and he is cutting it on his machine. She is not the prettiest Silverton ever built, but the cabin layout is outstanding. And since that brand has a reputation for rock-solid hulls, I felt she was worth refurbishing.

Your other point is well taken although this is a small marina and you won't find the huge dock parties here. It is only about a half a mile from my home, so the wife and I do enjoy sitting there in the evening after work at times. I have a great view from my bridge. I am on the outside row, stern facing the bay. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-19          112554

Nice to hear from you all again! Yes Dennis, this has been totally consuming. Once you add in the usual chores, the wife's broken ankle and going to work to earn more $$$ to spend on her....where did the time go!! Hopefully I can re-balance my life again, yet it has been a labor of love. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-06-19          112560

Cutter, yes Silverton is a great boat - I am sure it is worth refurbishing. Dock life can be fun when folks are as nice as I am sure they are further north. We had some great times also in Montauk Harbor looking out on the Bay on from someone else's flybridge (with permisson, of course). I could get into hundreds of stories about the people we met and experiences we had on our boat. Most of them were great adventures that we never want to forget! Have fun and the best of luck to you and your wife on the water. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
Murf

2005-06-20          112570

Well done indeed.

It certainly looks like you've done a fine job, but come on, out with the details man. Never mind what still has to be done, what kind of fun did you have in the last four years, details, inquiring minds need to know, LOL.

More pictures wouldn't hurt either.... LOL

Good to see you back Cutter.

Best of luck. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-20          112600

I appreciate all the complements, especially since the exterior is not done yet. Well...the interior is completely new with the exception of the factory installed carpet the lines everything and is glued in place. But realistically, very low hours and it cleaned up like new.

The canvas is new (ouch), but I hired that done. All the components that wear have been replaced or repaired. Pumps, hoses, blowers, wires, batteries (4) as well as all of the electronics. I need a radar arch or tower, have the radar but no place to put it yet.

Best part is, no mortgage payment. But the first mate is already talking about how nice a larger one would be. I told her she would either be heeling over or doing 60 knots in one of Murf's specials. I prefer the heeling, it's free!

Oh...I almost forgot. I spent more hours than I care to remember on my back scraping and sanding. Removed hard bottom paint, sanded, repaired nicks and blemishes, barrier coat (yuk, what a job) and finally VC-17. ....

Finally IN The H2O

View my Photos
cutter

2005-06-22          112654

Here is another picture. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login