Go Bottom Go Bottom

Whats You re Favorite Work Boot

View my Photos
kubotachick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-18          102489

After trail and error, i've found you can't go cheap with work boots, and in my professional opinion, you absolutely must buy Doc Martins (down with red wing)

Any thoughts>

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-18          102490

I really dislike Rocky and Georgia Boot brand boots. I don't know what those companies are smoking but neither one seems to know that WIDE boots should be wider than MEDIUM width boots. My favorite so far has been Timberland, which have been very comfortable, but they don't seem to last as long as I would expect (adhesive problems). ....

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-18          102492

i'VE ALWAYS LIVED BY THE SINARIO you get what you pay for. Chippouwa make's a very rugged boot. not the most comfy but you cant kill em'. Average price is about $125.00 per pair. The will last for years litterally. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-12-19          102512

I like Danner. The problem with them now is: they have started importing some of their boots from China and still charge USA pricing. ....

View my Photos
Woodie

2004-12-19          102532

kw-
I took Timberland up on their replacement policy a few years ago sent the pair back to them and they replaceed them with no hassle (done twice now -no problem) ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-12-19          102534

I have a narrow foot and like Ariat for that and all other quality reasons, propbably look a bit odd for you Eastern Cowboys though!! ....

Link:   Ariat

View my Photos
dsg

2004-12-19          102539

I really liked the last pair of Red Wings I had, but really dislike the new pair. Paid $225.00 for them, used them half a dozen times and they won't take em back so I'm stuck with them. Well, it's better than bare foot:)

David ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-12-19          102546

Archdean; You and I must have came off a different assembly line. My feet are about as wide as they are long, so I've allways had trouble finding shoes that fit, both work and dress. Finaly got started with Florsheim for dress, they fit fine. For work shoes a near by shoe store in an Amish community must carry every size Red Wing known to man. They are very comfortable, light, and seem to wear forever. Frank. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-19          102562

Red Wings or Wolverines. I've had a couple pair of Wolverines that were very comfortable. They don't have the durability of the Red Wings, but are darn comfy. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-12-19          102563

I bought a pair of $200 Red Wings and they only lasted one month. The best luck I have had was a pair of clearance Caterpillar boots. They lasted about two years. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-12-19          102566

i had a pair of caterpillar a while back. They were very rugged but for some reason made my feet very soar. I wore them for months in hopes to break them in but it never got better. I finally gave them to a friend. ....

View my Photos
drh1983

2004-12-19          102571

I have had Red Wings for years, comfy but not durable.
I have tried Mac Tools boots and Snap-On boots. So far the
Snap-On boots have been the best..comfy & durable ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-12-19          102573

Like Frank said, the Red Wings are available is sssoooo many sizes and types, that all you need to do is find the right ones. I have averaged about 2 years per pair (in a machine/weld shop). Mine always wore out from the inside out.

Like a tractor, boot dealers mean alot too. A good dealer has not only the size and style selection, but the kowledge and skill to help fit you properly. I wore the same type for years, replacing every 2 or so, untill (because of a move) I had to go to a differant dealer who suggested a differant style. Wow, what a differance. Much more comfy. Since I don't work in the shop any more, I'll probably have these 'till I die! ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-12-19          102574

About 5 years ago i had a pair of John Deere work boots...i got them on sale in a catalog. The were warm & durable exept the bottom rubber was too soft & the wore down but that was there only flaw. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-12-20          102590

For work boots, I agree with Beagle that Wolverine makes a really good workboot. If you get the model that has a Duroshock sole, you can feel the cushion compression on every step when standing or walking on concrete or hard surfaces. Mine have lasted for years.

For Hunting and general outdoor work in the cold months, I go with Rockies-DeerstalkerII. 1200 Grams of insulation and Vibram sole for traction.

I like Danner and Merrell boots for hiking and general knocking around. For washing vehicles and being in mud, I use "Muck Boots" they're full rubber outside with a light foam insulated inside.

I've also have a pair of RedWing/Irish Setter work boots that seem OK but nothing like the DuroShock Wolverines. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2004-12-20          102628

Wouldn't it be nice if boot dealers were like tractor dealers, let ya try it out for a while before you buy:) Couple hundred is a lot to find out you made a mistake.

David ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login