Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pointless yet feel the need to bitch

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94451

In Iowa, I apparently run a summer resort for barn swallows. I don't mind since they eat lots of bugs which is really nice. It's also a hoot to watch the crown of 10-20 birds swoop around my deck in the evenings. My complaint is the nests above my doors. My back door has a huge pile of swallow poo in front of it. It rained yesterday and now it's a wet, rotting mush pile that really smells.

It's so foul that I'd like to package it and ship it to a former boss. Yucky! It's raining again today. I expect it will smell worse. This comes after 4 days of not using my fenced area because one of the babies didn't feel like flying. So it just sat on the ground and waited for mom and dad to feed it. My one dog is an idiot and wouldn't care. The other dog is psychotic about killing things. So I kept them out. Sigh...

Pointless, completely pointless.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
n88wrl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94459

I had a similar problem with a thistle feeder. It was hung on a bracket clamped to the handrail over the deck so when the birds perched on it for a bit they, you know, right on the deck. The bracket was such that it couldn't be turned so the feeder hung over the lawn. After a few attempts, the best solution was a 18" square of plywood clamped so it was underneath the feeder. Now and again I remove the square and hose it off. I wonder if you can do something similar under the nests over your doors?

-Brian ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94556

iowafun - After reading your other thread title "WTF" I nedd to tell you that i used to be the biggest deere fan. I had nothing but problems with the people of deere also as you mentioned. On the top of the screen on thi site click on search & type in jd 790 fel bucket dropping & read it. I changed over to Kubota simply because JD people just dont seem to care. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-26          94578

Grasgod, I was just completely frustrated by the situation. I'm finishing up a Masters Degree this fall so I just don't have much extra time. So when I lost the available time, I was pretty mad. I finally got the tractor last night. It's missing the light kit option, but they'll come out to my place to install that when it arrives. It's also missing the weight bucket for the rear. I can deal with that as I have a box blade for counterweight. I'm very happy with the tractor once it showed up. Extremely happy. It's a mowing machine!!

I'm one of those people that expects a certain minimum level of competance from people who have jobs. I've been working for pay since I was 14 and I know how to take care of customers both internal and external. It's really not that difficult.If you do your business right, you can sell 50 utility tractors for every combine you sell. You can make more profit and more importantly, you have 50x the opportunity for paid service work. Big picture opportunities is not a difficult concept. At least one would think that... ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-26          94642

I agree. I hope you have better luck in the future with the people of deere then you started with or that I had. Enjoy your new machine. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-27          94686

Grasgod, I love the new machine! I mowed the west side of my yard last night in about an hour. It usually takes about 2 using a 54" 17 hp mower. I could have gone faster, but I hadn't mowed it in about 3-4 weeks. The barn swallows figured out what ws going on and circled me looking for food. They are fun to watch when they do that, but watching makes it hard to mow straight. Had to stop for the storms that blew up last night.

I think there were 4 or more tornados reported last night in Iowa. Made watching the Olympics a bit more interesting. You'd miss an event because they were warning about the tornados. Overall, a good job, except for when they interrupted the olympics to put "live on the air" some reporter dildo that was traveling in a TV van up I35 towards a bad storm. We didn't need that. It was of completely no value. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-27          94687

LOL ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-27          94699

I misssed the beach volleyball..... AAHHGGGG! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94705

There were some "hotties" playing beach volley ball. My vote is for McPeak on the American beach volley ball team. ;o) ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-27          94710

Hey Chief,
I was sort of partial to May's make shift thong!!!!! I saw the picture in Yahoo sports in the olympic photo gallery.
The little 5'5" Brazilian didn't stand a chance trying to spike on 6'3" Kerri Walsh. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-27          94712

Since we're talking volleyball, did anyone else catch Walsh spanking May after they won the gold medal? They had hugged and May fell down. Then she crawled away from Walsh who then spanked May on the butt. My wife missed it until I pointed it out on a replay. Then she had this look of "I can't believe that's on international television." None of my wife's male coworkers caught it either. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-27          94720

I saw it, the way they were celebrating, I was looking for NBC to continue coverage on HBO or Showtime!!!! It was definitely an interesting celebration. That is one way to up the male viewing audience for women's beach volleyball.

Picture Link
Everything and Anything Pointless  yet feel the need to bitch

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login