Go Bottom Go Bottom

hey look

View my Photos
petushead
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-26          91987

Hey everyone!

Someone is trying to sell there B2910 in the classifieds...look at all the offers this guy has wow! sure glad i bought one for my father. He is now only on his second hood with less than 40hrs... why do you ask??? well because he keeps contacting the hood with that cross bar of course.... seems they can't stay apart...looks like love. Well with this little problem and the Kubota dealer I must sadly say that I will never recommend this dynamic duo to anyone...Kubota had better wake up or they will lose this share of the market to those blue and green competitors..has anyone seen the new 4020's?? very nice..sorry everyone if I offend...just stating my feelings. besides I am sure people have missed me it has been a great while since I brought life to this board. Ok boys..let me have it...one....two....three!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hey look

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-26          91995

So now you are back on the John Deere binge???? ;o) I have some news for ya. They ALL have their worts........some not so bad others pretty bad. There is no perfect machine. Buy the new 20 series Deere machines the first year they come out and you will be disappointed again. Wait, and let them get the bugs out. Bet you could make some nice deals on a 2003 4410. ;o) ....

hey look

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-26          91996

You may have a point on the crossbar design, I don't know much about the 2910, but continually harping on this topic is undermining any credibility you might wish to gain here. ....

hey look

View my Photos
jamesrm1

2004-07-26          91997

Care to esplane Lucy! Not having a 2410, what bar do you mean? Why does your dad keep banging his bar on your hood? ....

hey look

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-07-27          92018

I think Chief and Ken have pretty much covered everything, but I would like to add that this is operator error and no fault of Kubota. If they didn't have the crossbar and you bent the loader then you would complain about that. I take my loader off every week and it takes less than 5 minutes to remove and put back on. I have never had the bar hit my hood (knock on wood). If you follow the manual you shouldn't have a problem. JParker or Beagle has never said anything about hitting their hood either.
This board is about helping and discussing ideas not about complaining and whining. Go sell your tractor and hire someone to do the work for you because apparently you are unable to use a machine correctly.
If anyone thinks we are giving petushead unfair treatment, just review his posts to previous threads. ....

hey look

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-27          92058

Two words -- personal responsibility. You obviously did not do your homework and rather than admit a mistake and take corrective action (like selling the thing and buying the Deere you cherish), you need to blame Kubota and badmouth the machine (and those like myself who bought one) to make yourself feel better. Rather than whine about what could have been, why not grow up, take charge of your life, and sell the tractor that is making you so unhappy?

And for what its worth, it's insulting to read your constant griping about the inferior products Kubota makes. I did a great deal of research, test drove many different makes and models, talked to friends and neighbors who own tractors, and spent lots of time weighing the pros and cons of each. After all that, I bought a 7510 because it was the best machine at the best price for what I need to do. I have no regrets. ....

hey look

View my Photos
paulss

2004-07-27          92066

If you don't take the time to learn how to operate it, any piece of equipment can be problematic. The more of your rantings I read, the more convinced I am that you'd have problems operating a crowbar.

Let's take up a collection so we can send him some cheese to go with his whine. ....

hey look

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-28          92100

I find it interesting that petushead took the time and made the effort to start a whole new thread, in which he almost says something nice about his tractor.

Even more interesting is the fact that he couldn't take a moment to reply to my post to him in the "My Experience with New Holland" thread from a week ago where I pointed out a bunch of inconsistencies in his claims.

BTW, exactly how does a crossbar that sits a few inches ABOVE the hood cause a dent in it?

Best of luck. ....

hey look

View my Photos
echo10mp

2004-07-28          92130

My opinion is Kubota makes a great tractor for the money. My 2 cents. I have found over the years when I worked for a large manufacturing company, that most returns and complaints come from people who don't read the directions or manuals. If you follow the directions most things seem to work better. Strange how that works...

John ....

hey look

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-28          92133

I always wondered why manufacturers of electrical appliances would put a line in the 'trouble-shooting' section of the owners manual that said something to the effect of, "Is the appliance plugged into an electrical outlet?".

I thought surely there aren't people out there who would take something in for warranty repair because it didn't work, when in reality it just wasn't plugged in?

Then my sister married one of those people. Now I know why they make that statement.

Best of luck.

hey look

View my Photos
petushead

2004-07-29          92242

Wow!

You ladies have been busy. Rather than tell me to stop "whining" why do you not counter my remarks with intelligent reasons why Kubota is a good tractor..it is becoming clear to me that most of you sell these orange clunkers why else would get so defensive. Let me respond to a few of your posts.

Oliver: "you did not do your homework." This response implies that if I had done my homework my choice would be another tractor most likely a Deere.

Murf: How can the cross bar touch the hood it is 3" above it? DA! I agree WHY WHY WHY. A more intelligent answer might be...because of a POOR design. If my Dad can make this error anyone can...

echo10mp: Yes I have no doubt it is good for the money. a Ford Focus is good for the money but wouldn't one rather drive a benz? especially if the price is damn near the same??

Murf: I am not sure what you are saying.........although I think it is assuming that we are not intelligent. My dad is suffering from cancer and so his hand eye coordination is limited needless to say he graduated from Cornell and MSU so he knows more than most of you people.. This tractor is NOT user friendly period.

Yes, I would much prefer the JD 4310 but since no one is willing to trade for my orange clunker I am stuck. Anyone out considering a Kubota take a GOOD look. It will be clear to anyone who "does your homework" these tractors once had the market but now are inferior to both Deere and NH. I now know what the "B" stands for in B2910 B...A....D! ....

hey look

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-07-29          92244

Petushead, I have no reason to doubt your complaints. I had originally recommended you sell your tractor in one of your original threads and buy a JD. (Not that I doubt all the other great things I hear about Kubota either). If you had the money to buy this tractor - then you have enough money to take a small loss and stop torturing yourself. If I had the money, I would like to own one of each. ....

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-29          92246

Funny Murf!!!!!

Click on line to see what happened to two of my mechanics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/deerhunt.jpg ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/deerhunt.jpg

Picture Link
Everything and Anything hey look

hey look

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-30          92288

petushead, look at my picture # 6.

1) I didn't buy all those machines because they were junk.

2) About two thirds of those machines now have a FEL on them, there are no dents in ANY of the hoods. How can that be I wonder since "If my Dad can make this error anyone can...".

3) I am truly very sorry to hear that your father is not well. However I suspect your assertion "This tractor is NOT user friendly period." is a little inaccurate, I suspect the dent has more to do with "his hand eye coordination is limited"... So I guess you better roll up your sleeves and help him out.

It's also interesting that the wind changed again or something, now you're back to calling it "my orange clunker" but on May 20th you called it a "dependable machine", maybe your definition of "clunker" is different than mine, I wouldn't say a self-inflicted dent and a noisy from a hydraulic control valve made a "dependable machine" into a "clunker".

Best of luck.

hey look

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-30          92293

It's Friday afternoon and a rare sunny day. Should I stay in my office and get pulled deeper into an asinine argument with a faceless individual whom I suspect will never be happy with an orange machine, or should I go out and get some seat time on the 7510 that I like? Hmmm...

This argument reminds me of the upcoming election. What I find frustrating is that minds don't seem open; conclusions have already been formed and nothing will change them. How many self proclaimed conservatives, for example, have gone to see Farenheit 911? Likewise, how many liberals take the time to watch Fox news? In my mind, not enough. Rather than challenge oneself to be an informed, independent thinker, it's far too easy to sink to a level of badmouthing the "opposition". And even worse, people just talk and don't act. People aren't involved, even at the most basic level of voting. This argument seems similar. Rather than step up and do something about the tractor, whether its strengthen the crossbar, painting it a contrasting color (if this helps with the vision) or getting rid of the thing, it's far easier to criticize it, ridicule others who bought one, and continue to suffer.

If something caused me that much anger and unhappiness, I know I'd move on, but that's just me. And speaking of moving on, I'm going to go used the 7510 I happily bought and enjoy using... ....

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-30          92304

HEY OLIVER, Since you live in TAXICHUETTS I guess you are going to vote for JOHN SCAREY......MAYBE I am wrong, but why would anyone with a MIND want to see the movie you mention.....If a person wants to be informed they should watch C-span, c-span2, and c-span3...like I do about 20 hrs/week....then the would be truely informed.....
Sorry if I offended anyone......BUT I do not get my information from MOVIES....... ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/tedbear11.jpg

Picture Link

hey look

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-30          92306

You're right, people should not get their information from a movie. I used that example because I think everyone knows that it has a decidedly liberal slant, just as Fox has a conservative slant. My point is that too often people form opinions and then surround themselves with like-minded thinkers rather than challenge themselves by being exposed to people who do not share their beliefs. People are not hearing about different sides of the issue. And for the record, no, I have not seen it, nor do I have any desire to.

Might I vote for John Kerry? Maybe. Might I vote for George Bush? Maybe. I am one of the 17% of Americans who have not decided who to vote for in November. What is interesting is that in 1992, 66% of the population were undecided at this time.

Clearly I have digressed fom the intent of the site, and I apologize to all. My pentance will be to mow the field after the boys go to bed...

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-30          92309

GOSH, I DID NOT THINK fox had a conservative slant........Guess it is all in the eye of the beholder......I just know ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, ETC. do have a slant.....and I too have digressed....Sorry.....I just know I was a combat infantry soldier in Nam.....got 4 PH's and none of them sent me home........and none of them were self-inflected, and I was told that people might spit on us on our plane flight home because we were in uniform.....THANK GOD nobody did......and I know JOHN scarey......was part of the cause of that....and that he has voted consistently to cut the spying aspects of the CIA, AND weapons for our troops...... ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/SUNSETONPLANE.jpg

Picture Link

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-30          92314

Sorry guys.....I got carried away....really did get off the track.

I HUMBLY APOLOGIZE TO YOU OLIVER. ....

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/REDNECKDEERSTAND.jpg

Picture Link

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-30          92316

Hey putshead, Go LOOK AT THE KUBOTA DECAL POSTED ON THIS SITE....AND TELL ME IF IT REALLY TASTES LIKE BEER....

Or better yet, just look at picture link below

Link:   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GARYTUCKER/KUBOTAGUY2.jpg

Picture Link

hey look

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-30          92317

I vote for moving this thread to the pointless and hostile forum. ....

hey look

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-30          92321

I second that motion. ....

hey look

View my Photos
FERRARI

2004-07-30          92324

And I third that motion....I did not bring up the subject......just sweep it under the carpet......Do you know how many people have given their lives for this country....that would WANT their lives BACK if they knew what has happened to us here where we can not even talk about things unless we ARE P.C. or we will be SHUNNED! GO AHEAD....CHANGE THE SUBJECT........... ....

hey look

View my Photos
Oliver

2004-07-30          92333

I kinda got things off track -- didn't mean to. I just got back from cleaning out the barn and mowing which reminded me of why I started coming to this site in the first place -- to get helpful information about tractors. ....

hey look

View my Photos
JParker

2004-07-30          92336

OK, I just found this thread and I'm curious about the hood dent. Is there a side view photo we can see showing bar, hood hindge & dent?

I looked at my B7800, supposedly the same body, and don't see how the hood can contact the cross bar unless you remove the rod that holds the hood up and also limits its maximum opening travel.

Yes, the bar can be a PIA when fueling. But really the pain is handling a 5 gallon fuel can, up high, at arms length, without a good place to stand. I have switched to fueling with a 2.5 gallon can and pretty well solved that issue.

I just bought one of those fuel filter funnels to protect my baby just in case I get some trash in the fuel. I think it also may help the filling issue out a little as well.

Is the hood dent fuel can related? I've only seen mentions "poor design" and not a detailled explanation of what happened.

No sarcasim intended, I'd really like to see a photo so maybe someone can see why this one tractor is having such a problem. Bar mounted wrong, upside down...

- JP

ps - I'll try to add some photos to my profile if weather cooperates tomorrow. Including a hood side view. ....

hey look

View my Photos
rs1rs1

2004-07-30          92346

If you tilt the bucket when removing the assembly from the tractor, the crossbar will rotate into the hood. This would be improper procedure but it could happen. It takes several seconds for it to move enough for to contact the hood. Following the proper procedure would prevent this. Can everything in this world be made foolproof? Probably not, and we all ready have more than enough interlocks and switches to malfuntion. ....

hey look

View my Photos
JParker

2004-07-30          92349

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had mine off yet. ....

hey look

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-13          93489

Farrari
Your pics are too cool! Love the one with your buds on the hood also the camper! What the hell is that and howd U get it up there? Helicopter? Money make money Sell those pics man!!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login