Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub 7305 deal and question

View my Photos
Cub-Scout
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-26          72327

Big Cub Cadet fan here. Have a 1782 that won't quit despite me working it HARD. Anyways, found a 1998 7305 with 130 hours, R4 tires, and a Woods 72" rear finish mower....$8700 a fair deal? It looks new. Only problem - no owners manual. Also looking for a FEL for it....any help out there? Will Cub keep the "old" 7000 series parts line around?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-26          72333

Manuals are not a problem and can be ordered from the dealer. I think any brand would be a miss if they didn't keep the parts flowing. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2003-12-28          72453

The loaders are availble thru aftermarket companies such as RHINO and BUSH-HOG I am a dealer of both of these product lines and would be glad to help you out. Also the MAHINDRA 3015 is the same machine as the 7305 cub. I own a 7305 cub and I am a MAHINDRA dealer, I am going to look at the manuals to see if they are the same. (I bought the cub long befor I was a dealer) ....

View my Photos
mushing_madness

2004-01-03          72958

The price sounds fair to me. I have the same machine 98 7305 w/R4 tires but I bought mine with 390 hrs. I also have the woods 72" mower and have the Cub Cadet 417 loader (I think that it to is a Woods relabeld with CC on it). The whole package including delivery was 13K. But that was 1.5 yrs ago so the machine was newer at the time. It was the best investment ever. I can now mow my lawn in under an hour (3 acres) along with the park and the beach (5 acres) in another 40 minutes (it's flatter and less obstructions). I'm so used to the mower now that I don't even use my push mower to go around trees and other obstructions.

I see you saw my post on 7305 power problem. Outside of the power problem, I love the machine. With the fix of the power problem it is great! It always starts: even when it has been -10 here in MN. My wife hummed and hawwed when we first got it - now she loves it. She uses it to cart stuff all over, move stuff around, and bring up her pickings from the garden. She now says that it was definitely one of the best purchases we made.

If you pick it up - have fun!!!! The price seems right! ....

View my Photos
Cub-Scout

2004-01-09          73516

Awesome!
Thanks for the reply....sounds like I'll go thru with it. Should pick it up in Feb/March. Then pick up the 'hoe in Mar/Apr....I got a great deal on that also! Now I just need a loader, and I'm mad I missed one on Ebay, a 417 for 1200 bucks. But it was sitting in the snow, don't know condition/loader valve, etc. So I have found a local woods 1009 here for 2500....I'm going to see it today, perhaps make an offer. As anal as I am, I'll paint it and decal it up to a CC 476.
Do you have any slope/hills on your property? I'm in MI now, (flat) but will move out west to my property in a few years.....wondering how the R4's act on slopes, or should I get a set of ags? I'm impressed the machine starts at -10....it must be sitting inside, though?
Consider yourself lucky with the wife....mine is Harrumphing all the way.
Thanks again!
Frank ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-09          73523

I have the Cub 7275 which is about a '95 model year. They changed the injection and boosted the HP by 3. It is a really good tractor. Mine has the 417 loader. Later they came out with a 476 loader for the 7305 which is a little stronger. I would recommend that loader. I bought mine used with about a hundred hours on it when it was about a year old, with a 6' MMM, new landpride 72" rear blade and rear hydraulics and spent about $15,000.00. That sounds like an excellent deal. ....

View my Photos
wallac

2004-01-09          73526

I HAVE A 7305 WITH A 476 WOODS LOADER WHICH COMES FACTORY ON THE CUB. NOW THIS IS JUST A MATTER OF PERSONAL OPINION, THE LOADER DOES AN AWSOME JOB BUT WHEN YOU REMOVE THE LOADER THE JOY STICK IS ATTACHED TO THE LOADER,WHICH MEANS IF YOU WANTED TO RUN A SNOW BLOWER OR NEED THE LOADER VALVE FOR ANY TYPE OF HYDRAULICS ON THE FRONT IT IS NOW GONE! SO IF THAT IS A ISSUE, YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER A DIFFERENT BRAND! I AM A MAHINDRA DEALER AND OUR 3015 MAHINDRA IS THE SAME MACHINE AS THE 7305 CUB. IF COLOR IS AN ISSUE YOU WILL HAVE TO STICK WITH WOODS BECAUSE I DON'T SEE YELLOW IN MY BUSH-HOG OR RHINO BOOKS. BUSH-HOG OFFERS A BLACK AND RHINO HAS GREY AS NEUTRAL COLORS. IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN EITHER BUSH-HOG OR RHINO CONTACT ME FOR A PRICE. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-09          73532

Regarding your R4 question, you might want to read the long threads "I hate my R4s" and "I hate my R4s part II". The upshot is that if you have clay soil I wouldn't recommend R4s at all. I had 'em and they completely plugged and lost all traction in wet clay and they didn't do a lot better in dry. ....

View my Photos
mushing_madness

2004-01-19          74499

As far as your question about hills, I live half way up a bluff in the Mississippi River valley - I don't have any flat at all. Most of my hills are 6-15 degrees, but I have a few that hit about 45 degrees. It gets a little hairy on them!

As far as the tires - I currently just use mine for plowing (winter), mowing (summer) and moving stuff around (all year round). I have had a few occassions where on wet grass I have slipped with the R4s. In fact, with damp grass on a 10-15 degree incline traveling crosswise, my ass-end is usually 6-12" lower on the hill than my front end (slipping down). So I can say that I do have some slippage - but the flip side is with the AGs I assume that I will be tearing up my lawn!

I do want to do some ploughing/disking/cultivating in the near future and suspect the R4s are going to give me some issues in terms of grip. But on the other hand - the cost of a set of AGs is not what I need right now! I can say they are better than turfs for what I do!

By the way - my wife harrumphs now that I'm talking more implements! I feel your pain!!!! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-19          74504

Do you have those tires loaded now or any rear weights? ....

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-01-20          74520

I think you are probably aware that the 7305 is the last of the Mitsubishi manufactured units to be marketed by MTD. They are really fine, basic, dependable machines that have been around for well over a decade (previously marketed in US by Case). When you consider the msrp for just the tractor was several grand over the sale offered to you, it looks good. Having used 7000 series machines in my business I can tell you they do well if you keep up with their total maintenance, and with the MFWD you shouldn't have too many traction issues with R4's. I preferred the Woods built 417 loader over newer 476, the bucket held up to everything I sent it while the 476 bucket sprung and bowed. One last caution, the 7000's have a front frame that attaches the front axle assembly to the engine block. There are side plates just aft of the front tires, check the bolts for torque or if any are missing. These machines have a habit of the bolts coming loose and the block castings stripping threads or worse, cracking. As for a hoe, get the one made by Woods, these tractors don't do well with 3pt hitch types, and the Woods 408 has a strong sub-frame. Oh yeah, almost forgot, MTD is now marketing the Kioti DK40 and DK45 as their 8000 series machines, you may want to look at them before you leap. Have fun. ....

View my Photos
mushing_madness

2004-01-20          74604

No, the rear tires are not loaded and I don't have any weights on the tractor. I've thought about having the implement shop come out and add ballast to hold me down - but that thought has been mulled around for two years and I still haven't done it. There have been a couple times I had a "moment" I wish I had em filled.

As far as the bolts as mentioned by Abbey - he is definately right in that department. I make it a habit that during heavy use (not much of that but sometimes) I try to check the engine mount bolts every couple weaks. They do back out - and I have yet to find anything that will keep them in there - no locktite has not worked for me. If you read the postings in here about that - you will notice that most owners do note that issue of the bolts backing out.

Let us know what you do! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login