Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-26          165286

Hi. New to this site, although I have been trying to read-up on the past postings. I am in the process of buying my first tractor. I have been looking at the Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex3200 and the New Holland 2030 (aka T2210, TC31DA). The postings on the Ex3200 seemed to have stopped in early January 2009. I am curious to know how that tractor has been doing in the field since it is still relatively new to market. I would get FEL and brush hog and front blade (for snow) as a starting point.

I have 31 acres on which we will keep 2-4 horses, 10-15 acres will be pasture, 10-15 acreas are wooded or boundary zones with road or stream, 1-2 acres around the house-barn-garage-garden-pond. Jobs for the tractor would include manure management (combination of compost turning and spreading), snow removal on a long drive, cutting pastures 3 or so times a year, tilling garden, poss. running generator in event of power outage (I am sure I am missing something!).

1 Do you think a 30-32 hp tractor is appropriate? The lay of the land is both flat and hilly. (I would get 4WD) I have also looked at the New Holland 3040--which comes with a significantly higher price tag. I was planning to purchase a lawn/garden tractor to do the half acre of grass around the house that we do not turn into pasture or garden--which adds its own expense.
2 I have test driven all three tractors; the CabCadet/Yanmar was remarkably quieter and smoother at start up and once warmed. Seems to be more machanical vs. electronic in its switches (e.g. cruise control). The hydralics are less, however, compared to the NewHolland 2030.
Any thoughts, comments, guidance? If there is more information posted on this site that answers these questions, please direct me there. THANKS!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-08-26          165291

Welcome to the board, we'll try our best to help out.
I have to agree in your desire for mechanical over electronic even tho I have a ten year old Deere 4310 loaded with electronic gizmos, but so far so good.
I think size wise you are about right with mid thirtys horse power and the attachments you mwention. by far the nmost used attachment you will have is the FEL and having one with a quick tach bucket is a real plus to use pallet forks, different size buckets, etc.
Mid mount mowers for your size tractor are not only expensive but a pain to mount and dismount, with a bit of shopping around you will find lots of rider mowers with lots of life left for less than a mid mowwer.
I have no experience with any of the brands you mention, but as has been said many times here, a good reliable local dealer in any of the brands you mentiion makes you tractor ownership a lot more pleasant. Frank. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-27          165300

Cub Cadet has some good pricing right now on the I1050's and you might be able to put a nice package together with your dealer. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2009-08-27          165304

Thanks so far for the feedback--confirmation that we are not way off target. We have been working with a local, reputable dealer who carries both the Cub Cadet-Yanmar Ex3200 and the New Holland 2030 (T2210).

Anyone have any experience--good or bad--with the CC-Y Ex3200? I have read about electrical problems with the New Holland (esp. with all safety switches). I like the 3-point hitch on the 2030(T2210), seems like it would be easier to attach implements; both have a quick-release FEL. More importantly, how does the engine and transmission wear over time? Anyone with over 2000 hours? ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-08-27          165307

Abbas;
Most all loaders that are a brand match, like New Holland loader on a New Holand tractor as an example have a quhiuck moubnt system for the entire loader. What I meant was the bucket it's self being quick attach from the loader frame. Some of the older loaders required removing hinge pins disconnecting cylinder rods, etc. you don't want that.
Other people here who use compacts on a commercial basis can tell you more about their conditon at 2000 hours. On a homeowner basis you will be a real old man before you get to that many hours. I've got about 600 hours on my ten year old 4310 if that is any indication. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2009-08-27          165309

Oops!
Meant 200 hours!

Ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-08-27          165311

If you follow the owners manual with any tractor, use the filters and fluids they recommend and just keep a watch on air filters, fluid levels, etc., there won't be enough wear at 200 hous to even measure. Kinda like the ten thousand mile mark on a new car, it's still new. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-27          165320

We have sold alot of the EX3200's and Customers have been very happy with them! ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2009-08-28          165331

Regarding the hours--an old post by kleinchris (TX) had made a comment back in 11-17-2007 regarding hitting the 200 hour mark would be a telling point for the "new" tractor. On the same thread, Nolat1114 (northcentral PA) was operating a CC-Y ex3200 at the time. The thread ended with no further "updates" in the late summer or fall of 2007.

In any event...any comments about the differences in hydralics between the Ex3200 (total 9.9gpm-implements 5.6; steering 4.3) vs. the NH T2210 (2030) (total 12.3gmp-7.2;5.1). Certainly, I will be able to lift more, etc; how perceptable will that be? Will I regret not having the extra power if I get the Ex3200? Or is it a wash on this size tractor?

Ex3200

View my Photos
joepa123

2010-02-14          168600

After the blizzards, we've had we are looking at upgrading our Kubota BX2230 which has been super reliable to a CC EX3200. The best price we've been able to find is $18.7K with belly mower and FEL.

I called many dealers to find out their prices- and was quoted within $1K by all. Is this a reasonable deal or are the dealers taking advantage of the increased demand? ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
joepa123

2010-02-14          168601

We are strongly considering buying Monday. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-02-14          168603

Joe;
There are scoundreels in every business whether it be tractors, cars, insurance, etc. etc. As always my first suggestion about dealers is to stay local, you will need parts and service down the line. The lowest dollar is'nt always the best choice. Sometimes the dealer that will quote you the low dollar bid on the phone might have the worst service department in the state. Just ask around, as always bad news travels much faster than good news.

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2010-02-15          168632

For the record....

I ended up go with the NH 2210 with FEL. I have had lots of time to get familiar with the machine clearing 18-plus inches of snow with the FEL and a rear blade.

I have had no complaints so far....except it just won't stop snowing!

Ex3200

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-02-15          168633

Enjoy your new machine, I've had more practice at moving smow this winter than I really need, maybe the next one will have a cab.
There isn't much I haven't tried to build over the years except an igloo, maybe Al Gore has the blueprints for one?
Spring has gotta come someday. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
AbbasChild

2010-02-15          168634

A cab would be nice--esp. when it is snowing and I cannot see the dashboard without wiping the snow away.

Having fun and learning all the time. ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
joepa123

2010-02-15          168645

We just purchased the EX3200 for $18.7K at our closet Cub Cadet local dealer (excluding tax)- our bumble bee. Our price was for the tractor, loader, 60" belly mower, and delivery. Delivery won't be for a couple of weeks as the dealer had to order the loader. So, we'll try to update once after we've had a chance to use it for a while.

The tractor is an upgrade from our Kubota BX2230 which is a great but is too time comsuming to clear our 800' driveway that is prone to high snow drifts even in a normal season and we are often helping others. The BX2230 did dig us out of 5 foot snow drifts.

We also looked at a Kubota B3200 (dealer quoted $16.8K with loader) which the dealer told us was the replacement for the B7800. We also looked at the Kubota L3400 (dealer quoted $19.1K with loader). All numbers again exclude tax.

The L3400 was too tall. The height with rops folded was 77" so it is too big to fit in our shed and we are not kicking a car out of the garage. It also doesn't have a mid mount mower deck. We have limited storage space so that is a big issue. We didn't even test drive the machine for these reasons.

The B3200 is one size up from our BX2230. We didn't think that it was enough of an upgrade in terms of size. For example, it only weighs about 400 pounds more than the BX2230 and is physically not that much more impressive.

Since it is a Yanmar,after we purchased it today I was curious to see how it compares to the John Deere line up. We didn't even try the John Deere dealer as we knew they would be expensive. Kubota compares their L3400 with the John Deere 3038e. From the picture the design looks very close- but I didn't look at the specs very closely. We didn't look at the New Holland as the one dealer that we spoke with said the the NH's were more expensive than Kubota and they sold both.

I really appreciated the help that these forums provided us in our purchasing decision. Hopefully, we can help someone else.

Ex3200

View my Photos
moodytx

2010-03-27          169572

Just bought a new CC/Yanmar Ex3200. Looked at the Kubota L2800 and the Mahindra 2816. Pound for pound and feature for feature, the CC/Yanmar took them all hands down.

I was looking at 16,500 to 18,000 for the Mahindra and the Kubota with manual shift. I got the CC/Yanmar (hydro trans)with the FEL for 14,484 financed at 0%, Zero down for 72 months.

I drove it and it while a tad cramped in the cockpit compared to the Kubota and the Mahindra it seems comfortable. I also really like the placement of the FEL control valve. SOOOO easy to get to and use.

Once I put some butt time in the seat,I'll repost on how its going.

Thanks for the forum and all the info.

Bob ....

Ex3200

View my Photos
joepa123

2010-03-28          169594

Wow $14.5K with zero % financing- that's awesome. I couldn't come anywhere close to that deal and we paid 100% cash. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login