Go Bottom Go Bottom

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-08          145518

I saw a new Cub Cadet, 33 hp, 4x4 hydro with a Yanmar engine yesterday- salesman said that this model was relatively new. I was kind of suprised at the seemingly small tractor size for the horse power. It looked about the same size as most tractors in the 20- 25 hp range. Anyway, good looking machine- looks like it's a pretty sturdy design, large FEL for the tractor, but looked about right for the HP. It looks like it might be a pretty good little snow plow if anybody wants to give it a go and be the sacraficial guini pig (sp?). I'll be waiting for good and bad news.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-09-08          145522

Kleinchris; I had heard too that Cub Cadet was using a Yanmar engine now. Im wondering if they are identical to the little rice burners Deere uses. My 4310 Deere is a three cyl. Yanmar, it is kind of a rattily little thing at idle, but has never given me a minutes trouble and has never failed to start in cold weather. So now are Cub Cadet/Ford/New Holland/AC-Agco all born from the same mother but dressed in different colors? Frank. ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-09-08          145528

I have always associated Cub Cadet with equipment steered more to the amature- probably because of the name. "Cub" which to me suggests a baby, and "Cadet" which makes me think of a very junior military officer. Well, what ever my preconceived stereotype were, I was looking at this machine which was next to the same hp models of New Holland and Mihandra, and it looked every bit as tough- if nor more so. ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-09-09          145531

Kleinchris; The original "Cub Farmall" tractors were built in the late fourtys into the late fiftys or early sixtys. Yes, they are kind of a baby, less than ten horsepower, but thousands of them are still in use on truck farms and nurserys. I have a 1947 model Cub that I just rebuilt, with an amazing amount of parts still available from Case/IH. They were a neat little tractor and with care it will likely run for another 60 years for someone. When John Deere brought out the 110 lawn tractors in 1963 International Harvester also developed a lawn tractor and named it the "Cub Cadet", so I guess the name just stuck. The original 110 Deere's and the first production Cadets are a collector item today. I don't own either, but am on the watch for a Deere that is still original, many of them have been modifyed with different seats, different engines, etc, so a truly original one is getting more and more rare, usually you have to buy two or three basket case types to get enough of the correct parts. Enjoy your day. Frank. ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-09          145532

Kleinchris,

Would you happen to know the model number of the Cub you were looking at?

I'd like to see a picture of the thing, along with the specs.

I looked at several Cub Cadet tractors before purchasing my Kubota. I decided against the Cub Cadet brand, mainly due to the amount of negative feedback I had been reading about them. From what I gathered, only a few Cub Cadet models received high user ratings. The majority of their tractors receive a tremendous amount of negative feedback. This was not the case with Kubota.......which is why I set my sights on one.

Joel ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-09-09          145538

Here you go. ....

Link:   Cub Cadet site

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-09-09          145539

By the way, this was going for $16,100 and included FEL. ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-09          145540

Chris can you delete the link and start over? It has too many "http/'s" in it and won't load at all. ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-09          145541

Never mind, I got it. ....

Link:   Cubcadet 32hp with loader

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-09          145543

Kleincris, Earthwrks,

Thanks for the links. Nice tractor.

Not surprising to me, there are no dealers within 100 miles of my location. I'd have to e-mail Cub Cadet in order to find a dealer "near" me. hehehe.

I get to Minneapolis every few years. Next time I go I'll visit a dealer.

Joel ....

33 hp cub cadet

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-09-09          145544

I didnt see anything at the dealership other than the tractor with FEL. Now that I have gone to the website I'm interested in the back hoe it has featured. I wish it gave more info. I like that 7.5 foot digging depth. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login