Go Bottom Go Bottom

Wifey needs tractor lessons need front grille

View my Photos
FishRman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-21          108470

Was wondering if anyone out there in Cub land can tell where I might purchase a front grille, new or used for my 7272. Several local dealers in my area want between,$165.00-$185.00 dollars for a new grille, geesh. Wifey decided to take a ride on my new/used tractor and ran into a tree. Can't a guy get a break? I just picked up my tractor this weekend, lol. What are ya going to do? I love her to death, but damit, stay off my tractor, lol.

Thanks,
Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-21          108487

I can definitly understand your feelings as I sit here typing with the key board on my lap instead of on the slider tray that used to be attached to the bottom of the desk! Don't know what she does when she's on the computer, it's not like we have a video cam or anything for her to make movies but this is the second time! Fool on me! ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-22          108492

Larry, while I can't really help with a Cub grille I certainly can empathize with your wife's mowing skills.

Years ago when we first moved to our present home my wife said she wanted to help with the yard work since she was home all day. I bought her a nice riding mower, A Kubota with HST, 4WD & 4WS, she even test drove it before I bought it to make sure she felt comfortable.

So far so good, right?

I got home some time later that season and opened the garage to park the car and saw the same as you, the grille smashed in on the mower. There was a big vertical depression right smack in the center of the grille, almost back to the sheet metal of the hood.

When I asked my wife what happened she merely replied "I was trying to get close to that big birch tree." as she pointed out the kitchen window.

I think she succeeded too.

She claimed she was trying to keep the lines in the grass nice & neat so she was heading straight for the tree, then planned on swerving at the last moment. She was a little late in swerving.

Oh well, it sure keeps life interesting don't it now?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-03-22          108493

My lovely wife decided to mow the lawn for me a couple years ago to save me some time on a weekend.

Took me the better part of four hours to rebuild the 50 feet of fence that was in the way of her mowing pattern.

No damage to the tractor. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-22          108499

Don't be too harsh on the Mrs! Payback is hell, if you tag a few things yourself as I have done. Things happen on occasion when you drive in close quarters as much and as long as I have. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-03-22          108503

I am really glad my wife does not keep track of how many of her special order dishes I have chipped or broken.

Or how many pieces of clothing she only got to wear once because I washed them in the wrong load and turned everything pink.

It's been more than $180 bucks worth, that is for sure. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-03-22          108507

I've only got one of those 'oopsey' type things to nmy credit so far.

While I was under 'house arrest' after my heart attack my good wife brought me a present one day, my faithfull side-kick Deputy Dog, who is the grandson of one of my prior dogs. A very sweet gesture indeed.

But did she really think I wasn't going to play or rough-house with the dog indoors?

BTW, for future reference, when a tennis ball hits an antique Hummell figurine it will fall over, and when said figurine hits the marble floor, there really isn't enough crazy glue in the world to put it back together again.

To this day I get a dirty look if I so much as pick up a tennis ball in the house.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-03-23          108611

Hmmm, I keep trying to get my wifie to try out the new tractor, just drive it up and back on the driveway, maybe I just should leave well enough alone.. or look for the guy who says, ''heres your sign''.... ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-03-23          108613

My wife actually prefers the big tractor (4310) over the lawn tractor (325). But she stays clear of objects out of paranoia. So I get to go back and do the finish work. Beats having to fix a busted grill.

She also is a bit tight about me using stuff in the house or (in her words) me contemplating doing something stupid.

What I need to do is get some clay pigeons and be shooting those off the deck when she comes home. That will impress her about as much as shooting the pumpkin with the .50 cal from the deck. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-03-23          108614

I can't believe I forgot about the incident where I was shooting at a gopher from the bathroom window. She wasn't impressed. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-03-23          108619

I can say with a very high degree of certainty that when you pop (and I do mean 'pop') a skunk in the back yard with a 12ga. (loaded with 3" # 4 turkey shells) from a second floor window, the smell WILL reach your wife downstairs in the kitchen before you can get the shotgun in and close the window.

Also, "But Honey, you said I should shoot the skunk!" does NOT take the wind out of her arguement.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-03-24          108669

Murf, that sounds like something I would do. I expect I'd get the same reaction you got.

Reminds me of a guy my stepdad knew who worked at a fish hatchery in Wisconsin. They had problems with seagulls eating the fingerlings (newly hatched fish) in the open ponds. I guess it was like a buffet to them. The noise makers weren't doing the job. They had an old 12 ga shotgun around there with a slightly bent barrel. the guy got permission to shoot the nuisance birds as long as the carcass was sent to the university for them to study. A 3" shell on a seagull at close range doesn't leave much to send to the university... ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-24          108671

Murf:
Once after shooting a skunk in the back yard at the farm, I decided to douse it with used motor oil/gas mixture to get rid of the odor. Don't bother trying that! It smelled like a skunk had let loose with burnt hair. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-24          108672

Didn't meant to sound like I'm into mutilation or anything like that, but it sure did stink and for a long time. I've had another shunk under one of my out buildings for some time now. I've tried live trapping it but have been unsuccessful. Eventually I'll get it. So what do I do when this one is caught!

I'm thinking about pulling the live trap out to the tilled field. Open the trap, blast the critter, bury it and the surrounding area by turning it over with the FEL. I'm not into letting it go so it can bother the neighbors. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-03-24          108676

A neighbour had a problem with a skunk under one of his buildings. He put a live trap loaded with a can of tuna inside a plywood box and waited.

When the skunk got trapped he just hooked a hose from his pickup's exhaust to a hole in the box and let the skunk have a long snooze.

Then he buried it before the body relaxed too much, if ya' know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

If the situation ever arises again I'll try his method.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-03-24          108677

Thanks Murf:

Can always count on a good response from you! ....

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-24          108684

Murf what model Kubota mower had HST, 4WD and 4WS, I want one! Even if it isn't a diesel. Probably not one you can get in the US, but Canada isn't that far. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-03-24          108686

I'm not sure they still make them, it was a G series L & G tractor, I think the new version is the Glide Steer system.

Instead of 4 WS they let the inside back tire float during a turn.

If you look around some dealers they still have them as used units.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-03-24          108688

Pete, as my buddy Steve Smith (A.K.A. Red Green) says, "If they can't find ya' handsome, they should at least find ya' handy....".

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
funchy

2005-03-24          108699

Silly you! That's why all tractors should have FEL's installed -- to protect the grille. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2005-03-25          108710

Funchy, I've smoked the fence with the loader before. It jammed up one of the gates. Wife wasn't impressed when my solution was to hit again from the other side. Fixed it just fine.

It's definitely easier to mow with the loader off. Less protection, but easier. I think the loader would intimidate my wife and I'd end up fixing whatever she hits. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login