Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 1500 Diesel Tractor

View my Photos
WR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-30          6435

I would like to receive information from anyone that has owned or used the YM1500 (diesel) tractor. Is it large enought to do some light dirt work, plow, etc.? What are the good/bad features of this compact tractor?The one that I have looked at shows 254 hours, but that could be 1254 or more. The paint is in excellent shape with only some minor chips on the fenders. The body is black (I don't think it has been repainted either) and the fenders, hood, etc. are sort of lime-green. There are no signs of russt. The tires are very good. What is a tractor like this worth? Are shop manual very expensive and are they any good? Are grey-market tractors easy to resale by individuals?Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-07-30          6457

I know how hard it is to get unbiased information when first starting out. So I'll identify my bias up front: I LIKE YANMARS. I think that they have the most sophisticated designs and are built with a goal of having better reliability than many other makes. Yes, the 1500 will do light dirt work IF it is a 4wd with a loader. They are too light to do much real dirt work in 2wd or when only pulling animplement. With 4wd and a loader they will really surprise you. I built a pond, a raised parking area, dug a foundation for a small house, built adriveway, and cut a few hundred feet of trench 4' deep and 6' wide mostly through dirt and rock. All of this was done with my 165D Yanmar 4wdand factory loader. It has turf tires andI normally run chains to protect them from the rocks and to give traction on ice. 254 or 1254 are both low hours for a tractor of this age. I'd believe 1254. It is not even 1/3 used up yet. I would base my decision on condition rather than hours at all times. I've seen ratty-looking ones that run well, but have never seen a nice-looking one that ran poorly. I do not know about shop manuals for specific models. All of the parts and manuals for the models sold in the US seem to be available. Roger L ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

1999-07-31          6462

I agree with Roger's comments. Yhere are not English manuals for the YM1500. There are operators & shop manuals for similiarly designed tractors avalable at reasonable cost. There is a 1500 parts book available ,too.I'm a Yanmar dealer Feel free to contact me for further info. ....

View my Photos
Bruce

1999-08-02          6539

I import about 200 units per year. I sell YM1500 units for $2000-$2300. Probably 1254 hrs. ....

View my Photos
GatorAg3nt

2015-08-26          193425

Bruce,

Where do you import and sell from? Around here people sell used Yanmar 1500s for $4000 and up. I'd love to get a new one for roughly the same price. ....

View my Photos
bmaverick

2015-12-28          194255

Fredricks has YM1700 models totally restored for $4,799 2WD and $5,999 4WD.

[url]http://www.fredricksimporting.com/product[/url]

The YM1500 they have is $4,000.
http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/Farming-Equipment/listing/-YANMAR-YM1500+2wd+%2818hp%29-109478789

Now, some of the other importers may slap on a new coat of paint or polish it up, but no new parts nor any of the safety hardware that is required. ....

View my Photos
bmaverick

2015-12-28          194257

A YM1500 totally refurbished by Fredricks ....

Picture Link
Yanmar Tractors Yanmar 1500 Diesel Tractor

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login