Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
Jimbo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-11          42285

I am interested in a Yanmar 155d that is being sold in Northern Cal. with a Yanmar loader and brushhog. I am actually looking for one with a loader/tiller.

For what has been said previously on different posts, the first two numbers in a model number do not designate hp. If this is correct, how much hp does a 155d have. I believe that it has a 2 cyl engine.

Does anyone know of a good source for purchasing grey market tractors/implements in Northern California?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
Danny Parker

2002-09-12          42304

The YM155D has a 2TR13A engine Max. gross HP15 @ 2700rpm.
Danny ....

Link:   Parker Equipment Co

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-09-12          42334

The 155D is a USA model Yanmar, built between 1977 and 1981 I believe. In Japan, you find it is called the YM1300D. I'm not sure if it is the exact tractor, but if not, it is very close. It is my understanding that in Japan the first two digits of most Yanmars represent PTO HP. (There are some exceptions, such as the F7 and a couple others.) Multiply by 1.2 to get approximate engine HP. I would not recommend a loader on such a small tractor, unless you can get one specifically designed for it that is light weight and has small rams. Several companies make loaders for these, but they transfer so much weight forward that the machine is fairly unstable, even with ballast on the rear, which is always a must. The small rams cause the loader to operate quicker, and limit the capacity, which is a good thing. I sell Yanmars in Red Bluff, CA, and deliver all over the north state. If you are wanting to stay small and need a loader, I'd recommend a YM1510D, or possible a YM1601D or 1610D. The 1510D is about 20% heavier than a 155D/1300D and is a three-cylinder with a power-shift. About 18 HP. I do have a couple in stock with loaders.

This is my first time posting, so I hope I did it right. I've read a bunch of the posts and am impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of the members. ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-13          42335

Dave, You done good. Welcome aboard. Stick around. We need your area of expertise here. Mark ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
TomG

2002-09-13          42337

I'll second Mark's sentiments. Roger used to provide specific info about Yanmars and for a bunch of other subjects as well. Since he went on to other things we've had to get by with mostly 'tractors in general' responses to question about Yanmars. It'll be good to hear specifics. ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-09-13          42343

Thanks guys for the kind words. ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
Jimbo

2002-09-13          42344

Thanks for all of the good information. I appreciate it.

Dave, I might be contacting you in the next week if a tractor I am looking at doesn't go through.

Thanks again. ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
Emu5

2002-09-23          42841

I own a 155D with a Johnson front loader. This has been a great little tractor. The loader has 2" hyd cylinders. the Hyd pressure is set to 1100 psi which limits the lifting weight of the loader. My rear wheels has been reversed to obtain about 8" more in rear width and that helps alot. I have not had any trouble at all. I do keep rear ballast, such as a tiller or a blade. My tires are also filled w/water which helps too. The engine is a 2 cyl and stamped on the block is a tag which states 15 hp. I beleive back in the early days tractors were rated as engine hp. sometime in the 80's tractors were rated PTO hp.

This little tractor will get into places larger tractors will not. I use mine on the job site all the time. Its makes a great post hole digger.

Hope this helps,
Andy ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-09-24          42842

Good idea limiting the pressure to the loader. No reason to have the hydraulic ability to lift way beyond what is safe. We have been running smaller hydraulic cylinders as well. That speeds up the response and serves to further limit lifting capacity. ....

Yanmar 155d

View my Photos
cowlitztrctr

2002-12-27          46610

I have the grey market equivalent, mine is a 1301 D but is the 3 cylinder version, it has 17 HP. I installed a light weight loader, ballasted the rear, it easily picks up 3 big men and has no problem hauling them or feeling tippy on the flat or slight hill, haven't tried it on a regular hill though. Concidering the size of these tractors, you DO NOT need a big Heavy Duty loader, they detract from your pay load. And accomplish nothing other then spending more of your money.
When I import these I do all the services, and I use them. Big difference. I put a good 5-10 hours on them them, then they go back into the shop to be gone through, search for leaks, weak points, stuff that is loose or mal- adjusted chase down any goofy noises I hear. I only know 1 other dealer that legitimately does this,, he's over in Missouri I beleive. I send the problem children(tractors) to retail dealers,,, LOL.... Anyhow, From doing this to all these tractors, plus a child hood of farming, these little tractors are tough, and for the money are worth the investment if you know what to look for... Your off to a good start! ....

Link:   Cowlitz Tractor

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login