Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
Michael S
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-17          40441

I have the opportunity to buy a 147D, 330 hrs, 4WD,PowerShift, 48" mower deck, snowblower, no loader, rear PTO never used, good rubber, very clean, checked-out/serviced by local JD dealer, for $4400...Good tractor? Good deal? Difficulty finding/installing a (used) loader? Other things to be aware/concerned about? How to find info on this model? Thanks in advance to all the experts out there...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
Randy G

2002-07-22          40592

I bought a 147D this spring for $4200. It had about 1000 hrs. on it and in good condition. With the tractor I got a 60" belly mower (Yanmar), 48" snow blower (Yanmar), and a cozy cab. Parts like oil filters, fuel filters, and air cleaners are easy to get at any NAPA autoparts store. However, I would like to replace the hydraulic oil filter but am having difficulty finding one. I haven't tried to purchase any Yanmar parts yet. I do have the original owners manual which is very helpful for general maintenance. I have had a new Koyker loader installed which I've been very happy with. Koyker does make a loader to fit this tractor. I know because my tractor was used by the factory as a prototype. I shipped it to the Koyker factory for a custom intallation. I'm sure that they will now have an off-the-self loader for your tractor. Overall, I have been very impressed with the power and reliability of this little tractor. I even bought a 48" brush hog (3 point) which works very well. Hope this was some help. Good luck.

Randy ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
alvanko

2002-07-23          40594

Where are you located ? If you don't buy it I would be interested in it . Sounds like a fair price for a very dependable tractor . Parts are available from many dealers here on the internet . ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
macktractor

2009-10-25          166509

I have a 1986 Yanmar 147D which I bought new from a local dealer near Valparaiso, IN. A few years later Yanmar quit selling new tractors in the USA, but my dealer assurred me I could always get parts from him and he has not failed me in the 23 years I have had the tractor. Fortunately this tractor rarely needs parts-it is built like a tank, but I have bought all of the filters from him at a reasonable price -including the transmission filter. The mower that came with this tractor was USA made and wore out 15 years ago, but I put on a Woods 3 pt mower and it works fine. I also have a newer John Deere tractor and it is all Yanmar except for the plastic shell. Yanmar is great in my mind and so is my dealer. ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
mbyanmar

2010-10-06          174400

i have a yanmar 147d i have a 48" snow thrower but i think im missing brackets to lift snow thrower i cant find anything about the attachments just the tractor if any one has the same attachment or tractor that has any info or pics to help me please let me know ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-07          174412

Michael, if the hours are correct it's a good deal because the tractor's just broken in.
You can get a loader for anything but it has to fit right, be installed right, and won't be cheap.
What info do you want?

mb, is it a rear-mount (3-pt hitch) thrower?

Randy, oil filters are easiest to source as you did. If the air one is not long enough to seat solidly, expect trouble. Hardest generics to find are fuel or hydraulic and not all that seem to be the same actually are. You can safely order from Baxter or Wix but then you might as well get them from a yannie dealer. ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
macktractor

2010-10-07          174416

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyanmar | view 174400
i have a yanmar 147d i have a 48" snow thrower but i think im missing brackets to lift snow thrower i cant find anything about the attachments just the tractor if any one has the same attachment or tractor that has any info or pics to help me please let me know

If it is a Yanmar thrower-go to your nearest dealer and he will have a parts catalog. I am telling you they have a great parts network. ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
macktractor

2010-10-07          174417

I promote the Yanmar dealer network, but I have gone to my John Deere dealer for some parts like an air filter because he is closer-just take the old filter with you and he can match it. They carry almost as many Yanmar parts as Deere parts since Yanmar makes most of the compact Deere tractors for the past 25 years. You can blow these filters out with air-I have only replaced one in 24 years of service. ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
mbyanmar

2010-10-10          174503

it is a ft mt snow thrower runs off my ft pto i went to the only yanmar dealers around me and they only had manuals for ones that were lifted by a lift piston up ft not like mine that is lifted through a serious of bars off my left 3 point arm ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-11          174515

Try Len at Shaeffer Tractor. You can locate him by browsing through Yanmar posts here.

Then Gary at Jamieson Tractors in PA has some older and rarer parts.

Aaron at Hoye in TX has odds-and-ends and workarounds. ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
Sethm603

2018-09-16          197989

I know this was an old post, but any chance you have an invoice or something from Koyker for your loader intall? I contacted them recently and replyed saying they make no loader for the ym147d. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Best regards
Seth Maltais ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
Sethm603

2018-09-16          197990

I know this was an old post, but any chance you have an invoice or something from Koyker for your loader intall? I contacted them recently and replyed saying they make no loader for the ym147d. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Best regards
Seth Maltais ....

Yanmar 147D Price

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2018-09-16          197993

Email me at parts at sheaftractor.net. I have the older Yanmar manuals. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login