Go Bottom Go Bottom

Starter for Yanmar YM2000 Greymarket

View my Photos
phebamayor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-06-19          192981

I ordered a new started from Starters-Alternators in Panorama, CA through E-Bay which said it would fit a Yanmar YM2000. When I received the starter it had 12 teeth for the flywheel whereas the old one on the tractor had fifteen teeth.
I called the company and the guy insisted the 12 tooth would work fine without any damage to the tractor. Does anyone have any information on this.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bugs46

2015-06-19          192982

Call this company;

Yanmar Tractor Parts

We have a wide variety of parts available for imported Japanese Yanmar tractors. Click one of the links below to download a section of our parts catalog for browsing. Or, if you'd like, you can download a copy of the whole catalog here.

Note: We do not publish pricing on any parts. If you'd like pricing on a part, you may call 256-751-3555 and select option number 3 to speak with a Yanmar parts expert.
•Iseki & Kubota Compatible Parts
•Electrical
•Engine & Cooling
•Front Axle & Steering
•Transmission
•Rear Axle & Brake
•Body & Seats
•Three-Point Hitch Assembly
•Bearings and Seals
•Misc
•Tiller
•Full Catalog

Note: You will need to install the free Adobe Reader application, if you do not already have it installed.

CONTACTS

Yanmar Parts Direct Line
256-751-3555 | eMail
or

Equipment & Marine Sales
256-340-8899 | eMail

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-06-19          192983

It won't last. I had one of my suppliers send me a stater with the wrong # of teeth. It lasted about a ear before grinding the teeth off of the starter. We can supply you with a new or used starter or rebuild your starter. we are an authorized Yanmar tractor dealer. contact us at parts at sheaftractor.net ....

View my Photos
bmaverick

2015-06-22          192994

Most of these starters are Nippon-Denso or just Denso brands. A few are Mitsubishi brands. You are being sent-up the river with a 12-tooth vs. a 15-tooth gear for the starter. I would have refused that from the start.

Our starters for Ag use the old solenoid technology, thus they cost more. If you have the starter brand maker and can search their catalog for the same mounting and teeth, an OffSet Gear Reduction starter is the way to go. They are a bit stronger, last longer and cost about 35% less. My YM2610 starter was shown to be $254. Got it for $99 brand new with free shipping once I found the cross-reference to the newer technology starter.

Nippon-Denso, aka former Toyota parts division, makes starters for Industrial, Ag, and automotive. Thus, it's rather simple to fins starters locally at NAPA, AutoZone, etc for the Off Set Gear Reduction (OSGR) starters. Even the NAPA price would be better than any Ag supplier too.

Back in 1962, Chrysler was the first to mass produce this type of starter. Today, all modern vehicles use this over the old solenoid types pre-1980s. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login