Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cheap Tractor tire source

View my Photos
thegogetter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-04-21          190133

Hi guys,
I blew a rear tire on my 165d yesterday brushogging my woods line. Small crack is all that was made. My tractor has Ag tires and I keep chains on them year round as I mostly use it for woods work.

Should I get an innertube or full out new tire? If so, any good sources for tires/innertubes?

Thanks again

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-21          190135

Thegogetter,

If the tire is otherwise in good shape, I'd put a tube in it. Ebay is a great place to shop for a tube.

Rub the inside of the tire with a generous amount of talcum powder, or baby powder, before installing the tube. This will allow the tube to slip and slide as it expands with air pressure, preventing wrinkles and localized stress that would eventually cause the tube to fail prematurely.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2014-04-21          190136

Thanks Joel. I tried searching for the specific size 29x12.00x15 but all I'm seeing is 12.5 widths... is 12.00 an odd size? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-21          190137

Thegogetter,

Inner tubes are rated for a range of sizes. If you find one that is close to what you need, it will more than likely work for you.

I have one inner tube here that fits four different tire sizes.

It appears that I've found one that spans the size you need.....but there may be others listed on Ebay. Shop around for the other sizes listed under this heading.

See link below.

Joel ....

Link:   Inner Tube Ebay

View my Photos
Murf

2014-04-22          190142

Without fixing the crack a tube might just be throwing good money (and time) at the problem without fixing it.

Tubes are designed to overcome slow leaks, not large openings. Even a relatively small hole will cause the tube to bulge out through the opening and rupture.

Even if it doesn't rupture the opening will allow debris in which will wear a hole in the tube in no time.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
greyhorse

2014-04-22          190143

Yup rubber only lasts so long before it dries out.. How old is the tire? You said crack not pin hole so it sounds like ready for replacement as Murf said. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2014-04-22          190144

Good point from Murf! On with the dry rot or slice. If the tire is dry rotted I'd be worried over inflating it as we have had them blow the tire while inflating!!!! Should be caged or secured.
Depending on what you have that might cut the tube as Murf brought up a blow out patch applied to the inside of the tire might help it last longer. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2014-05-06          190270

Local shop installed a tube for $32 out the door. Can't beat that! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login