Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar 336D Tractor will not start

View my Photos
carlton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-31          189861

have replaced ignition switch, have taken starter in to have checked and still will not start, or should I say turn over, not even a click and battery is also fully charged, btw, it's a yanmar 336d

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-31          189862

Check the battery ground (neg) cable. Then the other wires in the starting circuit. Then the starter cutout that permits the circuit when the clutch pedal hits bottom.

Then get a remote starter ($10, auto supply shops). It's a small box with a button, and two wires coming out. One wire clips to the battery pos. The other clips to the starter terminal. On the face of the starter there are two large terminals (stay away) and one smaller terminal near them. That's the starter terminal.

Mount up. Have someone press the button. Now you can start while bypassing everything that could have prevented it. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-31          189863

No idea what the circuit is like on your tractor but look for blown fuse and or safety switch that has issue with it's wiring or adjustment or just bad switch.

If Auerbach's suggestion works to me great indication of issue with safety switch. ....

View my Photos
oldchevy1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-31          189865

I have a JD650 (Yanmar engine) and some of these areas might be applicable. One of the areas which gives me a similar problem is that the safety switch for the PTO handle doesn't always engage. Sometimes I use a screwdriver to make sure that the PTO engage safety switch is being engaged. The other area I have to check it to make sure that HI-LO selector is in neutral and that the gear manual is in neutral. The majority of the time it has been the PTO safety switch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login