Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar with three point hydraulic lift problems

View my Photos
FrankLeeSo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-08-17          187868

I have a Yanmar 1500 bought second hand, which I use to mow about 4 acres... The sheep tend to the other four, of the eight acres. I have a Big Bee 48" finish mower deck that I use(came with the tractor), but shouldn't be relevant to my questions. One problem has been persistent since the purchase...

It doesn't allow for easy raising and lowering to a specific height. I have to move the lever to the raise all the way back to raise the deck, and then move it forward slightly when the deck reaches the desired height. Lowering the deck presents the same problem in reverse.

The other problem is a new development. I've been having trouble setting the up/down speed to something usable. It always drops at a fast rate. Doesn't seem to matter how I set the hydraulic stop.

There is also a knob beside the seat, in approximately the same area as the hydraulics and the knob is similar to the one in front of the seat. But, no idea what that knob is supposed to control.

I do have a manual in English, but it hasn't been any help with these problems.

More recently, I can no longer get the deck to go up more than 1/4" to 1/2". The hydraulic stop control knob is open. But, closing it doesn't seem to have any effect, whereas it used to control the lift speed, but not the drop speed. I've checked the fluid level on the dip stick, which appears to be correct... Though not sure if there are conditions needed(ie hot, idling, with it in the lift, or lower position, etc).

Any help I can get here would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Originally posted in another thread, but the last reply to that one was over 2 years ago, and not getting any responses to that one. So I decided to make a new thread in hopes that it wouldn't get confused with that one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
winston1

2013-08-17          187869

Note #68 on this parts drawing. That is the handle to the stop valve. On the 1500 this should only be closed or open. Open is for normal use. Closed is only to lock the lift in a raised position. If you close this valve and then try to use the lift you will dead head your hydraulic pump and stand a good chance of shearing the key or complete pump failure. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=YM1500HYDLIFT

Note #s 9,13 and 14 on this parts drawing. They make up the handle for your lift drop speed. I believe you have 3 positions. This should allow your lift to drop from fast to slow. http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=YM15003PTVALVE

Your last statement about the lift only coming up a small amount sounds scary. Is it doing this with the stop valve fully opened? ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2013-09-05          187963

Winston rocks... nothing more to say. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login